INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV without Sound  (Read 2415 times)

Aurorus

TV without Sound
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:22 pm »

Dear all,

I am new to the JRiver MediaCenter (day one of the trial period), and I am impressed by the intuitve GUI and quick set up of the program.

Still, I have one problem for which I did not find a solution using the forum search (if I missed it, please point me to it): Basically, I can listen to mp3s or watch locally stored videos, but I am unable to have sound when watching TV using the built-in TV card. Tuning the analogue TV stations (via cable) was no problem, though. Are there any known issues that could cause this odd behavior?

Major system components: Zotac Fusion 350-A-E (AMD E350, 4GB RAM), TV card Asus PE6200, Windows 7 x86, connection to TV via HDMI.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kind regards,

Stefan

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: TV without Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

I've had similar issues.  Possibly your TV card is not set properly in MC17.  Yaobing has been great about getting mine working pretty quick.  He'll probably post asking for a log so what I would do is go to help/logging... then reset the log (this will make it a managable size).  Once reset replicate the problem and then go back to the log and view it in notepad.  I save mine to the desktop from notepad to email to him when requested.

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:37:42 pm »

When setting up the log, under types of event, make sure you have at least "TV" and "Playback" selected.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 04:49:29 pm »

Are you having problem with audio while tuning to a cable channel?  What is the (brand and model of the) TV tuner device?

Please following the instructions in this thread for providing logs.  Email the log to me.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

safebet

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:13:58 am »

Are you having problem with audio while tuning to a cable channel?  What is the (brand and model of the) TV tuner device?

Please following the instructions in this thread for providing logs.  Email the log to me.  yaobing at jriver dot com

It "sounds" like I have a closely related issue - posted as topic "HVR-1600 No audio..."

I thought there was no sound at all until I happened to tune in a secondary SD channel and surprise!  There was sound.  But back to any other channel it was quiet.  Not using the cable input.

Aurorus

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »

Dear all,

thank you very much for the prompt and numerous answers. I will follow your suggestions and try logging the output -- nice job for Friday night. Once again, thanks for the suggestions, I will come up with my results shortly.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:32:24 am »

Puzzling. 

Your log does not reveal anything obvious. 

You may want to try the following:

1.  Update device driver.
2.  Update Media Center to the latest version.  You are using MC17.0.122.  MC17.0.144 is available on MC17 board.
3.  If you still have problem, right-click the video window while a channel is playing, and select "DirectShow filters", "ASUS MyCinema-PE6X00 Crossbar" and explore options on the popup window.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Aurorus

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 12:18:13 pm »

Dear Yaobing,

thank you very much for having reviewed my log files. To make it short: in the meantime, I purchased a new TV card (a HVR 2200), and now everything works fine. I suppose this must have been a hardware-side error since updating the system or specific drivers did not change the problem.

Kind regards,

Stefan
Pages: [1]   Go Up