INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD ripping did not go well  (Read 883 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
CD ripping did not go well
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:48 am »

Every time I rip a CD in MC I have some bizarre problem. So this time I tried to document it.

You can (hopefully) see from the attach images that before the rip, MC had good information about every track, including the album. But then, after the rip, about half of the files ended up being "Unknown Album by Unknown Artist." Looking at the file system confirms a bunch of tracks are missing information that we clearly had before we started.

Now I need to manually go into each file and fix the missing information. I'm hoping someone here has a better idea. Thanks.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: CD ripping did not go well
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

You can use the fill properties from filename and it will use your folder/file structure to fill Name, Artist, and Album.
That is very odd though and I have never seen similar behavior.
Sean

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Re: CD ripping did not go well
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 12:28:10 pm »

Thanks. That is helpful and gets me a good bit more information automatically. I think if I do that plus date and track # manually I'll be pretty good.

One more thing I noticed is that the tracks that got imported properly were also analyzed (this box was checked somewhere) and the ones that didn't get imported properly weren't analyzed. I'm not sure if that's related to the problem. I'm going to manually analyze the bad files as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up