INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems With Tagging From Client  (Read 1815 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problems With Tagging From Client
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:30:09 am »

I'm doing a bunch of tagging of our classical music from my desktop Client mostly adding Composer and changing the Genre fields. I keep getting occasional random disappearing tags that I have just entered. They are mostly in the Composer Field. It seems worse for Compilation albums where there are many Composers and I spend quite a bit of time doing the entries, including some time researching in Firefox. I'll enter several Composers, go away briefly to Firefox and when I come back some are gone. But I have seen this happen without looking away from MC. In fact I've been looking at the screen when all of a sudden my just entered tag disappears.

It seems much more reliable if I go to File, Library, Sync Changes With Library Server. At least once the Album is fully tagged. Before doing the Sync command I could have an album done, go to work on another album, and when I come back to a previous one some tags might be missing that I had previously entered. In Media Network I do have Client Options, Auto Sync With Server checked.

So I'm really wondering if we should be able to do tagging work from a Client, if I'm doing something wrong, or possibly there is a bug causing this odd behavior?

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problems With Tagging From Client
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:51:01 pm »

Bump.

Any ideas on this?

The Client I'm doing the tagging from is an old slow P4 XP machine. Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks.

Rod

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »

Are you tagging files that have been in the library a long time, or you importing new files and tagging them right away?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32:48 pm »

Are you tagging files that have been in the library a long time, or you importing new files and tagging them right away?

These are all files that have been there awhile. I'm trying to clean up my Classical Music Tagging.

Thanks.

Rod

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:39:08 pm »

Is it possible you're only losing a change that hasn't been committed yet?

In other words, you have an edit box open with a few composers entered, and you leave it open for a minute while you search the internet?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 05:39:41 pm »

Is it possible you're only losing a change that hasn't been committed yet?

In other words, you have an edit box open with a few composers entered, and you leave it open for a minute while you search the internet?

By "Committed" if you mean that they have not yet been synced with the Server that is correct. As I mentioned before once I go to File, Library, sync Changes With Server they seem to stick. But it's very frustrating when working with a multi composer compilation album to enter a few composers and then after a short period of time see that one of two of them are no longer there.

I guess if I did a Sync Changes after every single entry it would be okay, but that would be a very cumbersome, time consuming process.

Thanks again Matt for working on this.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up