INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY PLAYS 1SONG  (Read 1945 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
ONLY PLAYS 1SONG
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:30:31 am »

playlists stop after each song using mc directly & with gizmo. The repeat is not selected nor is stop after each. Going crazy tryingto figure this out!

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Re: ONLY PLAYS 1SONG
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 04:28:33 pm »

It appears this type of problem has been experienced by others in the past. Though I sure there are differences to the exact cause. Regardless, in my reading I've not discovered a solution.

For me, MC never behaved this way. I just noticed it yesterday. It did begin playing properly after a while yesterday but today, I can't get it to play more than one song whether I initiate play from the PC with MC on it or via Gizmo on my android phone. Really frustrating. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 04:45:40 pm »

Where is the playlist being played?
Sean

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »

Playing to Popcorn Hour c200. I've been running the MC on my Dell Precision laptop. But, I also have MC on a mini dell....a small laptop. I haven't tried it this weekend because I use this unit to also manage my server backups as you know I was a dressing yesterday. It finally completed a full backup about an hour ago. So, I thought I'd see if I have the same issue using the MC on that PC. To my surprise, it worked. Played 3 songs in a row from a playlist. I stopped it after that as I'm listening to my sad player. But I must have a setting on my other PC / MC that's causing this. Don't know?!

JHJxxxx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:07:27 pm »

I'm having a similar problem with MC17. The system plays a couple of songs, semi crashes and then won't play other songs in a playlist.

It will play a normal album in order.

It also seems to take control of my Naim NDX and switches it from USB stick to UPNP for no reason - then starts repeating the same song.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 11:00:49 am »

You could also have another DLNA controller on your network conflicting with control of the renderer. Try disabling Windows Media Services. Try disabling SetNext support in the MC zone for the DLNA renderer under DLNA controller options.

JHJxxxx

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:25 am »

I have been doing some reading and it appears that JRiver can not control with the Naim NDX from the desktop - as I understand it, there is only one way comms, so it plays the first song, then gets confused because the NDX does not communicate. Apparently it should work with a controller such as nStream.

I'm not sure what the OP uses but there may be a similar issue.

The issue should be the same playing an album or a playlist. I have a different issue with playlists, which I will update in a different post.

Cheers
Huw

Pages: [1]   Go Up