INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.155 -- Available Here  (Read 6557 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.155 -- Available Here
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:11:00 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170155.exe

17.0.155 (5/16/2012)

1. Changed: Improved estimation of audio video bit rates to prevent huge number of small chunk files in television time-shifting folder.
2. Fixed: Things that saved files to the desktop (new logging dialog, ringtone creation, etc.) could fail under UAC because they used the shared desktop folder instead of the user's desktop folder.
3. Changed: When holding the shift key while switching images (to preserve zoom and scroll), the scroll position will adjust better when the new image is a different size or aspect ratio.
4. Changed: Carnac understands 4 digit year values as season values.
5. Fixed: When searching for cover art for optical discs in [Cover Art]\Videos\[Name].jpg, invalid characters weren't being replaced with underscores, causing cover art to not be found.
6. Changed: Manually running 'Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' will replace existing images if a different image is found instead of skipping files that already have an image.
7. Changed: Tuning to updated Logging dialog.
8. Fixed: The program was not catching the resume from standby notification in some cases, causing Library Server clients to not get new files right away, etc.
9. NEW: Added the ability to open the ASIO driver's control panel from Options > Audio > ASIO > Output mode settings...
10. Changed: Revised the layout of the ASIO configuration dialog.
11. Fixed: Files with Replay Gain but no Peak Level could cause automatic adjustment to Replay Gain levels to be much too loud.
12. Changed: Tuned how clips of pure silence are handled so that their Peak Level will show as 0% instead of empty.

17.0.154 (5/15/2012)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: DSD bitstreaming using ASIO presents sample rates in two ways, making the feature work with more hardware (feedback appreciated).
3. NEW: If the program crashes, a debug dump is created.
4. Changed: Reworked the Logging dialog to hopefully make getting a log easier and to make it so the logs provided to JRiver are more useful (contain new debug dumps, system info, etc.).
5. Fixed: Canceling and restarting an ISO burn could fail because internal burn queue was not cleared.
6. Changed: Internal plumbing changes in the CD/DVD burning engine.

17.0.153 (5/15/2012)

Internal testing build

17.0.152 (5/14/2012)

1. Fixed: Usage of the GetProcessHandleCount(...) function was causing installs to fail on Windows 2000.
2. Fixed: Installation on a Windows 2000 machine would show an error trying to install DirectX components (DirectX / 3d accelerated views are not supported on Windows 2000).
3. Fixed: Camera import did not show a progress bar in some cases.
4. Changed: When moving a data file with a sidecar image, the sidecar image will move along with the data file.
5. Fixed: Guide entries for deleted channels could incorrectly appear and overlap valid entries in the Theater View EPG.
6. Changed: Subtitle timing changed so that positive numbers make subtitles show later instead of earlier.
7. Fixed: Possible expression evaluation bug that could use incorrect integer stack value usage with nested expressions.
8. Fixed: DLNA. Remove fields from the Metadata that shouldn't have been there. Was preventing Popcorn Hour 300 from seeing content directory entries. Could have affected other renderers.
9. Fixed: UPnP. Non-DLNA servers weren't reporting the L16 mime info properly.
10. Fixed: UPnP. Non-DLNA servers weren't providing consistent mimetype mappings for video.
11. Changed: DLNA and UPnP. Mimetype mapping for flac files changed from audio/flac to audio/x-flac. While proper, this might cause trouble with some renderers. Need feedback.
12. Fixed: WMC (Xbox 360) wasn't working properly with the new default view schemes. Now will work with new and old view schemes. Note: to see Album, Artist and Genre views on the Xbox 360 you need to have DLNA views with those names. If you change them for language purposes, you will lose those views on the Xbox 360.
13. NEW: Added basic support for playback of SACD ISO files (two channel only for now).

17.0.151 (5/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Television subscription recording made in Theater view did not have duration info when shown in "Recording Rules" view.
2. Fixed: Television program-based recording scheduled in Theater View did not have channel info when shown in "Recording Rules" view.
3. Fixed: Television recordings scheduled in Theater view did not observe user-configured default recording extension minutes (instead, 1 minute before and 1 minute after were used).
4. Changed: Broadcom Video Decoder added to whitelist in custom video mode.

17.0.150 (5/10/2012)

1. Changed: The default television recording extension minutes configuration is moved to television settings property page from schedule recording wizard.  The wizard will continue to allow you to modify the values for individual recordings.
2. NEW: Option to bookmark television recording at program start time, instead of the beginning of recording (useful when you schedule recording a few minutes early but do not want to have to skip through the extra minutes during playback).
3. Changed: DLNA. Modified the UpdateID so that a request of the SystemUpdateID doesn't reset the timer that's looking for database changes that require the ID to be updated. This should help some renderers that were using the SystemUpdateID call often to be more likely to notice changes in the database.

17.0.149 (5/9/2012)

1. Fixed: Moving the cover art folder to a child folder of itself could cause cover art to be lost instead of moved properly.
2. Changed: Hardware based video deinterlacing is now disabled in LAV video when EVR or madVR renderer is being used.

17.0.148 (5/8/2012)

1. Changed: Custom video mode allows using MainConcept video decoders.
2. Changed: Volume settings are available in Options > Audio > Volume (and also still available in Menu > Player > Volume or by clicking the icon next to the volume slider).
3. NEW: Added 'Options > Audio > Volume > Maximum volume' for enforcing a maximum level that Media Center will be capable of setting.
4. NEW: Default television recording extension minutes can be configured.
5. NEW: Added 'Options > Audio > Volume > Internal volume reference level' for specifying what volume level is shown as +0.0dB (all other volumes will be reported relative to that reference level).
6. Changed: The OSD and volume slider in Theater View use the same volume display text as other parts of the program (improves support for 'bitstreaming' display, decibels for internal volume, etc.).

17.0.147 (5/7/2012)

1. Fixed: Visualization Studio columns were not sizing nicely.
2. Changed: When playback of a video fails because DSP Studio > Output Format needs configuration, a message will be shown offering to make the change and continue playback instead of automatically making the change (audio already works this way).
3. Fixed: Putting a backslash in a user field name could cause trouble.
4. Fixed: It was possible to create two fields with the same file-system name by using characters the file system didn't support in the filename, leading to contamination between the two fields.
5. Fixed: When creating a ZIP file, the UTF-8 flag was not being properly set (despite filenames being UTF-8 encoded), causing problems in some cases.
6. Changed: Added mdx to the list of Disk Image / ISO types.
7. Fixed: Panes that had nesting could cause a crash when using dropdown panes mode.
8. Fixed: Video playback could use a small rectangle at the top left of the screen in certain cases with build 146.
9. NEW: Added support for ID3v2 URL frames.  Must manually add a field in Options > Library & Folders > Manager Library Fields... and select 'Store in tags' to use fields using the naming: WCOM: Commercial URL; WCOP: Copyright URL; WOAF: File URL; WOAR: Artist URL; WOAS: Source URL; WORS: Radio Station URL; WPAY: Payment URL; WPUB: Publisher URL
10. Fixed: Bookmarking did not work on television shows that were watched while they were still being recorded.
11. Changed: Carnac better understands television filenames of the form "series ssee name" where "ssee" is four digits.
12. Fixed: Performer store could crash if visited while internet connection was unavailable.
13. Fixed: Mini skins that used scripting could crash in build 146.

17.0.146 (5/4/2012)

1. Fixed: Playback display painting could show a black screen with build 145.
2. Fixed: Expressions that had multiple levels of inlining could show % in the output with build 145.
3. Changed: Symlinks are no longer resolved when using the Browse Folder interface, so importing from a symlink will use the symlink path in the library instead of the resolved path.
4. Fixed: EVR clean up problem in television playback.
5. Changed: A little cleanup in input plugins (makes build a little smaller).

17.0.145 (5/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Interface leak in television.
2. Fixed: Expression inlining could cause problems if the inlined expression used parenthesis or commas outside of a function context.
3. Changed: Expression engine allows putting a subexpression in /% %/ to force it to be tokenized independently (used internally for inlined expressions).
4. Changed: Several internal class names, pin names, etc. changed from "JRiver xyz" to "JRiver xyz" (only relevant if you're scripting or searching for specific window classes).
5. Fixed: The import summary would show files skipped because they were previously removed from the library twice.
6. NEW: Doing a lookup at TMDb will populate the new field "IMDB ID" when available.
7. Changed: Play stats can be copied using Paste Tags.
8. Fixed: Importing dates from flac files in weird "yyyy mm" format now works.
9. Changed: Removed remaining references to MFC in the playback engine, making JRPlayer about 6% smaller (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
10. Fixed: Invalid expressions that reported an error could cause a small memory leak.
11. Changed: The Auto-Import fix broken links option 'Yes (protect network files)' is now 'Yes (protect files on missing drives)' and works better with temporary fixed drives.
12. Changed: When Auto-Import is dealing with broken links, the 'protect files on missing drives' mode checks for the existence of the drive instead of existence of the owning folder.
13. Changed: The 'Clean File Properties' and 'Find & Replace' library tools use the same field picker as 'Paste Tags', which removes fields that are empty or irrelevant for the selected files.
14. Changed: Find & Replace remembers the find, replace, and case sensitive options between uses (selected fields have always been remembered).
15. Changed: The field 'TheTVDB Series ID' was not available for use in video views.
16. Changed: DLNA servers. When enabling the "MPEG video mimetype override", clearing out the "video DLNA override" entry will prevent it from being reported causing the renderer to rely upon the mimetype reported by "video mimetype override"

jack wallstreet

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.155 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:35:07 am »

Changed: Manually running 'Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' will replace existing images if a different image is found instead of skipping files that already have an image.

That seems to explain why I always found it necessary to "remove cover art" before I did a quick find.  Thanks.
John

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:36:37 pm »

Hello Jim:
I don't know what as been done with ASIO, but the sound is different. It is slightly more aggressive and fatiguing and I noticed this as soon as I started listening.
Do you envisage any explanation?
Witch should be the latency period? The best sound is with maximum latency period, like I found it by default.
Besides this "agressivness" (just a little) there is a kind of cathedral reverberation, also very small.
I noticed this after a good nap, when I downloaded MC latest version. Wasapi now sounds better to my ears. Before it was the opposite.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 01:23:22 pm »

TV/Video still looses sync when 1080i content is played. Nvidia GTS 450 Win 7. This issues did not get even an acknowledement last update when I first reported it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:31:30 pm »

TV/Video still looses sync when 1080i content is played. Nvidia GTS 450 Win 7. This issues did not get even an acknowledement last update when I first reported it.
We don't acknowledge reported problems.  We do always read them.  Usually when we see a one off report like this, we wait to see if someone else reports the same thing.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »

10. Changed: Revised the layout of the ASIO configuration dialog.

What's entailed in this change; or, what prompted the change, and what is it supposed to do "better"? I don't mean this in an alarming way of asking, but simply out of curiousity.

Using AES(XLR) output from RME HDSP 9632 into my DAC, in ASIO mode, hence my interest..

Quote from: Urbanito
Hello Jim:
I don't know what as been done with ASIO, but the sound is different. It is slightly more aggressive and fatiguing and I noticed this as soon as I started listening.
Do you envisage any explanation?
Witch should be the latency period? The best sound is with maximum latency period, like I found it by default.
Besides this "agressivness" (just a little) there is a kind of cathedral reverberation, also very small.
I noticed this after a good nap, when I downloaded MC latest version. Wasapi now sounds better to my ears. Before it was the opposite.

Interesting. I wouldn't be able to comment reliably on any ASIO-sound difference between build 17.0.147 and 17.0.155, but if anything the sonic difference over my setup from using either output modes WASAPI Event Style or ASIO seems to have the former with a slightly "thicker" and wee bit more center focused(or center filling) presentation compared to ASIO output. The latter appears a little "tighter"-sounding with a more pronounced sense of clarity(perhaps what you perceive as "cathedral reverberation"?), very subjectively speaking, though I didn't notice any "agressive" tendencies as you come about describing it. Going beyond (attempted) descriptive terms I'd say ASIO output mode has my sonic preference.

Sorry for taking up space on non-bug issues, JimH..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 07:47:32 pm »

What's entailed in this change; or, what prompted the change, and what is it supposed to do "better"?

This was added:
NEW: Added the ability to open the ASIO driver's control panel from Options > Audio > ASIO > Output mode settings...

And to make things fit better on the screen, it was changed to a two column layout.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 10:28:02 am »

Matt:

Output mode settings doesn't open anymore, at least in my computer.
Could you explain if you have done something to not allow it to open?

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 10:32:47 am »

Hello again, Matt.
If I connect my DAC to the computer, output mode settings get available again.
Sorry, but I couldn't know.

JoaoMOS

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 09:07:29 am »

I've sent you this Thread in JRiver Media Center 17.0.154 -- Available Here:

Since the last automatic update (17.0.147) I'm having problems runing some wmv files and all avi files.
Message in the screen: Something went wrong with playback

I've seen your reply. I've done as you said and tried with 154. Problem still persists
I tried this again, buto with 155. Problem still persists.
The same files run in "Windows Media Player".

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:57 am »

De-interlacing issues split to this topic:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72316.0
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 06:26:33 pm »

This issue resolved today with Nvidia pushing down Version 301.42 of their Win 7 32 bit driver. I was using a 6 or more month old version of the Nvidia driver because intermediate versions broke video in WMC...

In any case what was broken by the changes in LAV Video and 1080i for me at least appear fixed.

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 12:52:31 pm »

Hello:

ASIO is now playing as before: in a word, "wonderful".
I changed, without noticing, the latency, and it was provoking that strange sound. Now, with my Audeze and CEntrance DAC Mini, the sound is fantastic. I am in haven.
Sorry for my confusion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up