INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod identification pop-ups won't go away!  (Read 2928 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
iPod identification pop-ups won't go away!
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:46:43 pm »

When I have my 6th Generation iPod Nano attached to my PC, I receive repeated "iPod could not be properly identified" messages (and I mean REPEATED).  I have Removed & Ignored the iPod and also turned off the manage iPhone feature but it just keeps popping back up until I disconnect the iPod.  Is there something I can manually hack to get MC to truly ignore the device?  Some of the solutions I've seen on the forum, such as deleting DLLs didn't really seem like a good idea if I want my other devices to continue working properly.  I also would like to reserve the "Re-detect all Devices" troubleshooting step for a truly last resort option.  I have quite a few devices' folder structures and conversion options set up and want to avoid having to start all over on these.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: iPod identification pop-ups won't go away!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:33:03 am »

[BUMP] I need to get this problem figured out.  It's super-annoying.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »

I need to get this problem figured out.  It's super-annoying.

Had it occurred to you that quite possibly this particular Nano is simply unsupported in MC - hence the endless messages?

VP

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 05:23:34 pm »

I started from the assumption that it is not supported, which is why I removed the device and told MC to not handle iPhones.  I should not be receiving pop-ups for devices that have been removed and ignored.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:25:36 am »

I started from the assumption that it is not supported, which is why I removed the device and told MC to not handle iPhones.  I should not be receiving pop-ups for devices that have been removed and ignored.
I'm running MC and when I plug in an iPod Nano 6th Gen (with Windows file system), I get a single pop-up saying MC can't identify the iPod.  There is no way to remove or ignore the iPod, since it doesn't show up in MC.  How are you telling MC to remove and ignore it?  I can see that it might be a nice enhancement to add a checkbox to the pop-up error message to "Ignore device from now on".  The error just pops up once when you plug the device in right?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:33 am »

It did originally show up Under Drives and Devices and I right-clicked on the device and select "Remove & Ignore Device", which I did awhile back.  Whenever the Nano is connected, I receive the pop-ups over and over again (that's why REPEATED is in all caps in the OP).  If it was just once, it would still be annoying and undesired behavior, but I probably could live with it, but it's showing the pop-up over and over and over again.  The Nano is not being interacted with, iTunes is not running, so no obvious reason for the re-detections.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:44:36 am »

Can you send me a zip file of the \iPod_Control\iTunes folder on your iPod so I can try to replicate the problem here?  On my system, I don't get multiple pop-ups, just the one message when I plug it in.  johnt at jriver dot com

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:03 pm »

Sent

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:43 pm »

Can you try sending again?  For some reason I didn't receive it.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 12:56:43 pm »

Resent.  Removed the link back to this post in case SPAM filters were interfering.

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:45:46 pm »

Not sure what's going on.  I did not receive your second email either, and I sent you an email a couple hours ago and haven't received a reply.  Try emailing me again without an attachment.  johnt at jriver.com (replace the ' at ' with @)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 04:09:49 pm »

Just replied sans attachment
Pages: [1]   Go Up