INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: * WebGizmo Customizations *  (Read 11986 times)

cwm123

• Recent member
* WebGizmo Customizations *
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:35 pm »

Are other users making their own customizations for Webgizmo!?  

I've made many to mine, to include:

* Primary Category navigation on header of every page
* Search Navigation on header of every page
* 'Back' navigation button for ease of use on mobile devices
* Image displays for search
* Song title / Artist info during playback with cross-ref links to dbase search, youtube, allmusic.
And a few others...

Still, there are many more changes I would be interested in making, like displaying information fields from the database such as bitrate, comments, etc.  Is anyone else doing this?  Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks &
Best Wishes,
Chris

cwm123

• Recent member
Re: * WebGizmo Customizations *
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:45:46 pm »

"Ground Control To Major Tom.."  ;)

I'm still having fun customizing webgizmo.  However, there are some functions I'd like to work out.  If anyone is doing this, it would be nice to collaborate.

Thanks &
Best Wishes

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 07:19:44 pm »

Care to share?
I have considered investing some time into adding features to WebGizmo in an attempt to give it more of a Theater View feel.

What are the things you are trying to work out maybe I can help.
Sean

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:25:13 am »

I have not, but would like to, as things aren't presently working well for me.
I'm not a complete noob dork, but some of these things are a bit over my head.
Would you be so kind as to post some screen shots of the magic you've performed.

Bob
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

MDCry

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 10:23:09 pm »

Can webgizmo control more than one listening zone? It works well with my Denon 3312. I have a speaker setup in my tv room and living room and I really want to be able to control zone two, the living room, with the webgizmo.  Is it possible to use it to control volume in two zones? I don't need to be able to do two different things in each zone just turn on/off and contro volume and change songs/albums?

Thanks,

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:38 pm »

Can webgizmo control more than one listening zone? It works well with my Denon 3312. I have a speaker setup in my tv room and living room and I really want to be able to control zone two, the living room, with the webgizmo.  Is it possible to use it to control volume in two zones? I don't need to be able to do two different things in each zone just turn on/off and contro volume and change songs/albums?

Gizmo and WebGizmo allow controlling any number of zones.

You tap the text in the header to pick the zone you want to control (where it says 'click to change').
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MDCry

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:50:46 am »

Thanks Matt but the'click to change' only allows me to play from "This Location", "Player" or "Denon 3312". I want to play from two zones from the Denon receiver. I don't play music from MC on the computer. I always play it through the server to the Denon. I want to be able to control two listening zones on the Denon from Webgizmo. I can control one zone no problem but I can't find an option to add zone 2 control within webgizmo?

Thanks,

NickF

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

Are other users making their own customizations for Webgizmo!?  

I've made many to mine, to include:

* Primary Category navigation on header of every page
* Search Navigation on header of every page
* 'Back' navigation button for ease of use on mobile devices
* Image displays for search
* Song title / Artist info during playback with cross-ref links to dbase search, youtube, allmusic.
And a few others...

Still, there are many more changes I would be interested in making, like displaying information fields from the database such as bitrate, comments, etc.  Is anyone else doing this?  Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks &
Best Wishes,
Chris

I've been doing the same.  I'm only interested in tablet platforms so am not considering sizing for phones.  I am using an iPad.

I wanted a back button, like you, as I use a full screen browser.
The top bar graphic is based on Black on Black.
I wanted transport buttons on every page so I can pause or skip to the next track from any page so the buttons, based on graphics from the Black on Black standard skin, appear in the top bar on each page.  The play button changes to pause depending on the status of the playing media.
I have found a nice volume control which I have adapted to create the commands to control MC's volume.  This has a really good touch response.  The standard WebGizmo volume slider leaves much to be desired!
I have also re-positioned the track status bar, making it much longer so that it give better control.
I am working on other info for other file types.

I'm also interested to hear of others' ideas.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 07:52:12 am »

I like that Nick, pretty slick.
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 11:32:08 pm »

I am trying to customize WebGizmo, but any changes that I make don't show up.  Anyone have any step-by-step instructions so I can see what it is that I'm doing wrong?
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

NickF

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 12:43:26 pm »

I am trying to customize WebGizmo, but any changes that I make don't show up.  Anyone have any step-by-step instructions so I can see what it is that I'm doing wrong?

Are you making changes to the Default folder files or did you make a copy?  If you created a new folder, based on the Default, you need to select this in Tools > Options > Media Network > WebGizmo > Appearance.  After you select your new folder you will need to restart the MC Server.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »

I have been asked by a member to share the customisation which I showed above.  I am happy to do this in case anyone else might be interested in trying it.

Remember that this was designed for a tablet, specifically an iPad 2.  It should work on any 7 inch ish device.  It won't scale down to use on phones.

There are a couple of behaviours which aren't quite perfect but overall, I am happy with it.

There is one setting for the startup volume level which you might need to change.  This is in a .js file.  You will find it in Nick\assets\knobKnob\knobKnob.jquery.js.  Look for this section:

$('#control').knobKnob({
      snap : 10,
      value: 100,
      // value sets initial position of knob.  Don't exceed 180.

The volume knob, which I didn't design, responds to touch.  I added a double tap which will mute and a second double tap will return to the original volume.

You can download the folder here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ag67cb79ny2gdxj

Have fun.

Nick.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »

Are you making changes to the Default folder files or did you make a copy?  If you created a new folder, based on the Default, you need to select this in Tools > Options > Media Network > WebGizmo > Appearance.  After you select your new folder you will need to restart the MC Server.

Nick.
I may have posted in this thread thinking it dealt with my issue by mistake.  I am trying to change the actual menu items and such using the Customize Views for Gizmo & WebGizmo option and am not even able to see those changes.  Is that what you're talking about?  Or are you talking about actually changing the icons, backgrounds, etc.?

And everything I've tried to do is under the default setup ... I've not created any new folders.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23

NickF

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 04:17:31 am »

I may have posted in this thread thinking it dealt with my issue by mistake.  I am trying to change the actual menu items and such using the Customize Views for Gizmo & WebGizmo option and am not even able to see those changes.  Is that what you're talking about?  Or are you talking about actually changing the icons, backgrounds, etc.?

And everything I've tried to do is under the default setup ... I've not created any new folders.

OK, I understand.  Again, with these types of change, you need to restart the MC server.  Depending on your startup option, if you have chosen to start with Media Server, close MC then go to your system tray, click the little up arrow then select the Media Center icon and select Close.  If you start with Media Center 18 or Nothing, just close MC.  Now restart MC and your changes will be there.

Nick.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 09:21:30 am »

OK, I understand.  Again, with these types of change, you need to restart the MC server.  Depending on your startup option, if you have chosen to start with Media Server, close MC then go to your system tray, click the little up arrow then select the Media Center icon and select Close.  If you start with Media Center 18 or Nothing, just close MC.  Now restart MC and your changes will be there.

Nick.
I've got it now.  I've not been re-starting media center and the media server.  Once I did that last night, I saw all the changes I had made show up.

Thanks for the help.

NickF

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 09:28:40 am »

I just made a couple of updates.

You can download the folder here:

Wrong link.....

Have fun.

Nick.

NickF

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 04:40:20 pm »

Sorry, wrong link!!  Here's the correct one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7dx57lnii4vvfcs/Nick_v5_2.zip

Nick.

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:58 pm »

Thanks for posting these customizations. This does exactly what I was looking for!

Ekpen

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »

Sorry, wrong link!!  Here's the correct one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7dx57lnii4vvfcs/Nick_v5_2.zip

Nick.

Greetings:
I am trying to locate where to unzip this file. I suppose it is going to be under \data\webgimo- correct me if i am wrong.
I browsed the entire contents, not finding  where to put all these . Will it be under plug in. Please explain.
I also found a zip within a zip . This is  "glow.zip".
Where does this go?

Thanks.
George

NickF

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 08:16:11 am »

Greetings:
I am trying to locate where to unzip this file. I suppose it is going to be under \data\webgimo- correct me if i am wrong.
I browsed the entire contents, not finding  where to put all these . Will it be under plug in. Please explain.
I also found a zip within a zip . This is  "glow.zip".
Where does this go?

Thanks.
George

Hi George,

It's a while since I looked at this!  You have obviously unzipped the file already.  The parent folder is called "Nick".  Copy this folder to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Data\Library Server\Gizmo
If you are running a 32bit system, it will be:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 19\Data\Library Server\Gizmo
You will find an existing folder here called default.  This contains the default WebGizmo files.
Don't change anything!
Close Windows Explorer and go to Media Center. 

Go to Tools > Options > Media Network > WebGizmo and click on Appearance.  You should see two options - default and Nick.  Select Nick then click OK to close config.

You need to close MC.  Remember to also close the MC server if you have this start separately.  You will find this in the system tray.  Click on the icon and select close.  Wait about 20 seconds then restart MC.

In your browser, enter the address of Gizmo in the address bar.  Mine is:
192.168.1.80:52199/Gizmo/mode.html.  You need to enter then IP address for the PC where MC is running.

You don't need "glow.zip".  I left it in by mistake.  Just ignore it.

I hope it works for you.

Nick.

Ekpen

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 01:02:45 pm »

Hi George,

It's a while since I looked at this!  You have obviously unzipped the file already.  The parent folder is called "Nick".  Copy this folder to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Data\Library Server\Gizmo
If you are running a 32bit system, it will be:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 19\Data\Library Server\Gizmo
You will find an existing folder here called default.  This contains the default WebGizmo files.
Don't change anything!
Close Windows Explorer and go to Media Center. 

Thanks.
George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up