INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding season subfolders to webgizmo  (Read 3275 times)

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding season subfolders to webgizmo
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:09:50 pm »

So, I'm finding the "customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo" menu really overwhelming. All I want to do is add season subfolders to each series. So I want to select Series -> Season -> Episode. Is there a straightforward way of doing this?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Adding season subfolders to webgizmo
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:26:34 pm »

I don't keep tv shows so I don't tag them but this should work:
open the customize view for Gizmo....
select Shows in the left tree
click add-->library field-->Series
click add-->library fiels-->Season
click and drag Program to the Bottom

Edit
After looking at how Shows is setup the above might not be completely correct as it appears that program may be series since it uses the following expression.
TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)
Sean

NickF

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 01:55:15 pm »

As it happens, I did this myself today.  Do you want TV Series to be separate from Recorded TV?  I decided to do it this way.  What I did is very similar to Sean's solution above.  So, step by step:

Go to Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced and select "Customise views for Gizmo and WebGizmo.
In the pop-up window, on the left, select Video.  Click Add and choose Library Item.
In this window, change the name to TV Series.
To the right of this window, click Add and select Series.  Click Add again and select Season.  Click Add again and this time select Expression.  Name the expression Program.  In the Expression box, paste this: TVInfo(SeriesDisplay). The order in the box should be Series, Season, Program.  If it isn't, drag them to the correct order.
Click OK to close all the windows and you are done.  You will need to restart MC17 client and server (the server is found in the system tray, probably amongst your hidden icons).

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:57 pm »

Yay! Thanks. NickF's directions achieved what I wanted. Imo, this section should be included by default or at least these specific directions should be in the wiki somewhere. I think this is how many people expect their TV shows to be organized.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:34:55 pm »

Ah, one more question. How do I get Webgizmo to ignore articles (the, a, and an) at the beginning of artist/moves/series names?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »

Ah, one more question. How do I get Webgizmo to ignore articles (the, a, and an) at the beginning of artist/moves/series names?

As far as I know this is not possible, it may be with javascript but I am thinking that it would have to be part of the base program.
The reason I think that is lets say you have an Album that is The A.... that would appear on the first page of albums if it worked
but I have a feeling that it would just appear at the top of the page with the first T album if it made a difference at all.
I you ignore those in the regular program you could just rename them from The Album to Album, The.
There is an expression on here somewhere that will automate the rename for you.
Sean

NickF

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 03:20:47 am »

Yay! Thanks. NickF's directions achieved what I wanted. Imo, this section should be included by default or at least these specific directions should be in the wiki somewhere. I think this is how many people expect their TV shows to be organized.

Done.  Here if you are interested WebGizmo - Adding TV Series and Seasons

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 06:24:37 am »

Thanks again, Nick.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:47:20 am »

As it happens, I did this myself today.  Do you want TV Series to be separate from Recorded TV?  I decided to do it this way.  What I did is very similar to Sean's solution above.  So, step by step:

Go to Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced and select "Customise views for Gizmo and WebGizmo.
In the pop-up window, on the left, select Video.  Click Add and choose Library Item.
In this window, change the name to TV Series.
To the right of this window, click Add and select Series.  Click Add again and select Season.  Click Add again and this time select Expression.  Name the expression Program.  In the Expression box, paste this: TVInfo(SeriesDisplay). The order in the box should be Series, Season, Program.  If it isn't, drag them to the correct order.
Click OK to close all the windows and you are done.  You will need to restart MC17 client and server (the server is found in the system tray, probably amongst your hidden icons).

Nick.

I'm actually having a weird issue with this. All my TV series are there, but in addition, I also see my three Lord of the Rings movies and the King's Speech (which are in my movie library), and a folder called "unassigned" which has all my movies in it. The same misplaced folders do not appear in Theater mode.

NickF

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 10:41:20 am »

The problem here is that the TV Series entry is added to Video so all videos are in scope.  Go to the settings for WebGizmo and select your TV Series entry.  Click on "Set rules for file display" and in the rules, set: Media Sub-Type is TV Show.  Add another rule and set: Series is not <empty>.  Click Apply and close the settings.  You will need to restart MC client and server again.  I hope that works for you.

Nick.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 07:42:06 am »

Awesome. That worked. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up