INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Size & Duration Cleared and Can't be Corrected  (Read 1061 times)

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
Movie Size & Duration Cleared and Can't be Corrected
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »

This is from my thread on Chapter Skipping. Since that is now becoming a rather long thread, my concern is that this problem may be getting buried and since I can't seem to find a fix for it I thought I'd bring it forward as a separate topic.

An odd problem occurred...

Now that the ifo play problem has been fixed (as of 180), I was in the process of doing an Update Tags from Library operation to correct the movie play lengths indicated in the Duration field. I found that if I didn't do this, affected movies simply stopped when they reached the duration indicated by the MC library. At the same time I was also playing around with the auto-particle create to see if any other movies would create any interesting files. (This is all being done on my test server)

I did one of these two operations to the movie War Horse (likely the auto-particle, since the movie was otherwise OK) and the size and duration fields have now disappeared! The movie still plays fine from within MC, however, streaming via DLNA fails indicating the file is empty. I've tried deleting it from the library and reimporting it, but this does not correct the size and duration problem.

Any suggestions?

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Movie Diamension, Duration & Bitrate Information MIssing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »

I just ripped another movie, this time directly into MC, and when I looked at the file in the library iit also appears without the Dimension, Duration and Bitrate fields filled in.

Is there a way to force MC to re-read this information from the video?
Pages: [1]   Go Up