INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 124799 times)

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Requests
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:59:54 pm »

Any updates to TV EPG in the pipeline?

I'd like to see:

Clock

Timeline to indicate current time on the grid

Live update so that it doesn't show old data after you've finished watching a show (or worse last night's data when you switch on again the next day)

Channel logo images

some indication of shows selected for recording

maybe some indication of genre/maybe not

Cheers for the continued work on MC!

SBR

Toytronic

• Recent member
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:31:59 pm »

Since you're currently working on the DSP stack, i'm renewing my previous request :

- Ability to Activate/desactivate the "Volume Leveling" option, and set the mode for Replay Gain using the optionnal parameter.
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_VOLUME_LEVELING (0: off; 1: track based; 2: album based)

- Ability to Activate/desactivate the "Equalizer" option, and set the preset mode using the optionnal parameter.
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_EQUALIZER (0: off; 1: Rock; 2: Live, 3: Blues, 4: Country,5: Hip-Hop, 5: Classical...)
(The preset mode will be set according to the original order in the DSP Studio menu, including custom presets)
Or
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_EQUALIZER (0: off; OCKUYUNKCCC: Rock; OYQNIIIKMMN: Live, OMMNQUYUQKE: Blues, OMORUTOJGCB: Country...)
(The preset mode will be set according to the internal EQ code, including custom presets)

- Ability to individually control the "Equalizer" sliders, and set the value of each one using the optionnal parameter.
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_EQUALIZER_VALUES (0;x: Control the preamp slider; 1;x : Control the 60Hz slider, 2;x : Control the 170Hz slider...)
("x" being a value between n & 0 )

- Ability to globally Activate/desactivate the Effects section in DSP Studio :
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_DSP_EFFECTS (0: off; 1: on)

- Ability to Activate/desactivate the 3 effects options in DSP Studio individually, and set the preset mode and, if applicable, the level using the optionnal parameter.
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_DSP_ENVIRONNEMENT (0: off; 1;x: Concert Hall; 2;x: Arena, 3;x: Jazz Club, 4;x: Concert Hall,5;x: Living Room...)
("x" being the "level" value between 1 & 10 )

Ex : 10xxx   MCC_DSP_VSUBWOOFER (0: off; 1: 6" Subwoofer; 2: 8" Subwoofer, 3: 10" Subwoofer, 4: 12" Subwoofer,5: 15" Subwoofer)

Ex : 10xxx   MCC_DSP_SURROUND (0: off; 1: Subtle Enhancement; 2: Medium Enhancement, 3: Pronounced Enhancement, 4: Maximum)

- Ability to Activate/desactivate the "Headphones" options in DSP Studio, and set the preset mode using the optionnal parameter.
Ex : 10xxx   MCC_DSP_HEADPHONES (0: off; 1: Subtle; 2: Standard, 3: Standard Increased, 4: Pronounced,5: Pronounced Increased)

You've got the idea : basically, the best will be to be able to remotely control the whole DSP Studio stack using MCC & MCWS

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 06:25:16 pm »

As requested/discussed already here, the ability to have Media Center auto select the output zone based on filetype and source audio channels would be excellent.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 06:49:43 pm »

My Feature Request List

MC18.exe --- advance to next album

MC18.exe --- advance to next artist

MC18.exe -- is MC in playback mode (not stopped and not paused) ?  Scripts could check the return code.

MC18.exe --- single command to start playback (if stopped) or unpause if player was in pause mode... do nothing if player is already in play mode.

Fill Track Numbers From List Order --- if only track is selected, set it to track #1

View Presets --- should retain setting even if the associated playlist is empty.  (The "recently imported" needs to be set to the preset I want each time if the "recently imported" was emptied)

NickF

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:22:28 pm »

Any updates to TV EPG in the pipeline?

I'd like to see:

Clock

Timeline to indicate current time on the grid

Live update so that it doesn't show old data after you've finished watching a show (or worse last night's data when you switch on again the next day)

Channel logo images

some indication of shows selected for recording

maybe some indication of genre/maybe not

Cheers for the continued work on MC!

SBR

I agree with all of these.  There has been a huge improvement in the TV area recently but the whole setup process needs to be simplified.  

We need some effective filters to remove many types of unwanted channels from the scanned list.

We need automated tagging of Radio channels.

We need direct tagging in the scanned list for categories of channels, like the interim Keywords solution but without having to go through the Smartlist route.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

greynolds

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:48:58 pm »

1) When importing (unencrypted, obviously) TV recordings from Windows Media Center (WTV files recorded in Windows 7 WMC, for example), grab the show name, description, etc. meta data from the file for display within MC.

2) Add support for CableCard tuners (Ceton InfiniTV, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, etc.).

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »

1) When importing WTV files recorded in Windows 7 WMC, grab the show name, description, etc. meta data from the file for display within MC.

+1, including season and episode numbers
pretend this is something funny

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:42 pm »

Been using the MC for a few months now and very happy with it ...

But ... there's always a but, right?

A couple suggestions for tweaking the interface.

- Add a button for PLAY NEXT. I like to shuffle thru the files while a selection is playing and if something catches my eye, set it as the next to play. Kind of cumbersome as that's currently only available as a right click, especially using an air mouse or pad.
- Add a STOP AFTER button. Time to quit for a while, be nice to be able to click a button that would automatically stop playback at the completion of the current track playing.

I'd suggest moving the volume controls under the SEARCH button. That would leave room for four more playback controls grouped under the current ones.

- Be nice if all the windows would track each other. Call me a minimalist, but the pictured setup is how I usually roll. As you can see, I'm playing one track, the tag window is in another, and the files list in yet another. I'd think it'd be possible to set the window focus so it would track any clicks inside the file list box while you're actively working there, but default to displaying info for the track that's playing if you click outside the file window?

- The status bar on the bottom is redundant - for me anyway - be nice to be able to turn that off and gain some screen for stuff that matters. I'm using a 22" monitor (hence the big fonts) and every bit helps.

PS - can I turn off "automatic updates"? I've had a couple that have resulted in some weirdness, and I'm only using JRiver for music, so a lot of the updates aren't really needed.

AND - I haven't stumbled across a way to make the pictured setup my default screen when JRiver opens? Not sure if it can be done with VIEWS ...

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 12:14:44 am »

PS - can I turn off "automatic updates"? I've had a couple that have resulted in some weirdness, and I'm only using JRiver for music, so a lot of the updates aren't really needed.

Yes.

Tools/options/Startup  then look at the "Update Channels" setting.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 05:55:38 am »

I love MC17... Can't wait to see what's next.

1. Eye candy for theater view would be nice.

2. recently played / recently imported - have it divided separately by audio and video files

3.  FM radio support

4.  Streaming TV

5.  Ability to hide / unhide sidecar and associated jpg files and cleanup feature if files are moved/renamed etc. (outside of jriver)

6.  This one is way out there but e-book support (epub / mobi files)?

7.  Maybe I am doing something wrong, but search option for "global search"  rather than only within specified section (eg., if in audio section, should also show video files with the name).

8.  small thing, but for multi monitor users, ability to drag between monitors without having to first click on the "restore" button (i.e., like OFFICE pgms, you simply grab hold of the title bar and drag).  I am always dragging pgms between monitors and this extra click is annoying.

9.  OVERVIEW should also include information on any media being streamed to other devices such as IPAD or streaming to devices OUTSIDE the network via internet (using gizmo for example).  I am surprised that this has not already been included.

10.  Online tag info - option to use other databases as YADB is simply inferior relative to others.  I now use winamp to update tags.

That is all for now.  As mentioned, I love MC17.  It is probably the best pgm I owe and I show it to everyone who visits me (they love that I can control the music via IPAD around the pool and are jealous of it... when I tell them that it is a $50.00 pgm, they freak). 

Dave

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 06:02:00 am »

One other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post

TRANSCODING - I am able to transcode avi (divx) to mp4 using Air Video for ipad and air video server.  This worked seamlessly without any tweaking.  I have NEVER been able to get MC17 to transcode files.  Thus, on my IPAD I use MC17 for audio but Air Server for video.  It would be nice to be able to use 1 pgm for both, especially since MC17 is supposed to support transcoding.

csimon

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:36 am »

Unified View Library

The ability to set up a library of views and then apply them ad-hoc to any of the different servers (DLNA, library, web). This means that you only have to set up, sometimes complicated, views once and then apply them to all servers without setting them up again, and also switch views in and out easily for a particular server without starting from scratch.

The ability to serve connected media via DLNA

In other words, being able to stream internet radio via DLNA, or even TV from a network TV tuner if you know the URL for it (example: Elagato Netstream Sat - its channel streams are exposed via a http URL, each channel's URL could be imported into the library and artwork attached to it which is the channel logo. Fantastic!)

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 06:54:37 am »

Simple and valuable feature:

Link/unlink zones in mobile clients like JRemote / Webgizmo

Vocalpoint

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 07:15:03 am »

Please - make the Search box (upper right) sizable - or wider than it currently is. In my opinion - devoting over 12 inches to the "display" area for song info at the top is a total waste when 9 or 10 inches wide will do just fine.

What appears to be an 1 1/2 inch wide search field is a bit embarrassing given today's large wide screen monitors etc.

VP

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 07:18:58 am »

- Add a STOP AFTER button. Time to quit for a while, be nice to be able to click a button that would automatically stop playback at the completion of the current track playing.
Did you know that [Ctrl]+[Shift]+ does the trick allready? Or go to Player -> Stop after current file. You can also set a custom key for this function using resource.xml and MCC comand.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 08:19:48 am »

Serve multiple libraries at the same time.

Sparks67

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 08:23:41 am »

1) Add support for Sony 7000ES Bluray 400 Disc megachanger control or Sony 777ES DVD/SACD 400 Disc megachanger via RS-232 on USB hub or perhaps (RS-232) Thunderbolt hub.  
    -  Currently, all of J river's competitors can control the changers via RS-232.  
    -  Recommend using a standard brand of USB hub for RS-232 or Thunderbolt, so it won't require several drivers for other brands.

2) Add the feature, where the Zone can control an Audio Matrix switch with amp for multiple zones.  (4, 8, 16)  http://www.audioauthority.com
   -  (Multi-zone audio -  (Sound cards are still required.)  I have it working Control4 setup now, but Control4 has a limit of
      48Khz for audio, which is based on their software.) 

- Some users may prefer audio/video HDMI switch.  For example, http://avocationsystems.com/  (Current J river zone method probably won't with Video via HDMI)
   - Thunderbolt/Displayport might be another option for OS X.  (Apple seems to going to Thunderbolt, so might be solution here in the future) I don't think you see HDMI on iPanel TV (Apple's new TV)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 08:27:07 am »

One other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post

TRANSCODING - I am able to transcode avi (divx) to mp4 using Air Video for ipad and air video server.  This worked seamlessly without any tweaking.  I have NEVER been able to get MC17 to transcode files.  Thus, on my IPAD I use MC17 for audio but Air Server for video.  It would be nice to be able to use 1 pgm for both, especially since MC17 is supposed to support transcoding.

I have had the same experience.  Tools like PS3 Media Server, Air Server, and RemotePotato (for TV) have great configuration options and just work every time.  Trying to do this with MC has always ended in frustration for me.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 08:39:40 am »

Unified View Library

The ability to set up a library of views and then apply them ad-hoc to any of the different servers (DLNA, library, web). This means that you only have to set up, sometimes complicated, views once and then apply them to all servers without setting them up again, and also switch views in and out easily for a particular server without starting from scratch.

You can do this in limited fashion already.  If you build the view in the main library first, you can then add a 'Library item from standard view' to add that to another area (like DLNA or Theater View).  I would be nice to have it more unified though, so you don't have to remember to re-add the view everywhere you need it after a change.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 08:54:00 am »

Ceton tuner support?

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 09:13:53 am »

It would be nice if the Theater View were easier to theme.  I think a lot of creative people would love to show off their skills and come up with themes similar to what MediaBrowser offers.  Sad as it is, I think the extra eye-candy is what would bring people in.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 09:21:44 am »

It would be nice if the Theater View were easier to theme.  I think a lot of creative people would love to show off their skills and come up with themes similar to what MediaBrowser offers.  Sad as it is, I think the extra eye-candy is what would bring people in.
Maybe you could start a thread with specifics about what you have in mind.  Start with the basics you think are missing. 

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:43 am »

Maybe you could start a thread with specifics about what you have in mind.  Start with the basics you think are missing. 

Let me ask this question first.  Is the theme engine changing between 17 & 18?  If it's not (and I assume it's not, but that's an assumption on my part) I'd be more willing to dive into it to see if I could figure out how it works.  If it is changing, I wouldn't bother trying to figure out 17 if 18 was a new model.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 09:44:01 am »

It will probably remain the same or similar.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 10:34:37 am »

When designing skins for Theater View it would be nice if we could drag out things
to frontpage from the underlying menu, and make PIP work again.

Would be nice to have acces to Performer Store from Theater View and Gizmo.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 11:06:35 am »

One of the things I raised when 17 was still in development was a "unified" experience.

For instance, if I have my Netflix subscription details entered, the "Movies" menu item in Theater View (or Video section in Std View) would include my locally stored movies AND my Netflix queue, Television would include my Hulu queue and if I have a subscription to Performer Store, the Audio section would show both my locally stored collection AND the Performer Store collection.

Content could be denoted by small logos, perhaps in the bottom right of the cover art, but ONLY if I had entered my credentials in tools > options > Services.

Furthermore, in taking the "global search" theme one more step - to have this include all online sources (Netflix, Hulu, Performer Store) as well would make MC an even more powerful proposition than it is already IMO. That seamless integration that people are now seeking between the physical, local collections and "the cloud"...

The overriding idea being that if I subscribe to Netflix and Hulu and Performer Store, their catalogs are instantly; seamlessly part of my collection. I don't have to select a menu item or a "widget" to watch them. They're just... there.

You never know, it could even increase traffic to Performer Store. Perhaps there are licensing restrictions preventing this from happening, I don't know.

Just my 2c worth.

Jong

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 11:07:23 am »

I very much hope that the improvements to blu-ray disc and improvements to ISO handling discussed in the appropriate threads make it into MC18.

- In 2012/13, MC needs to be able to automatically import blu-ray, whether in folder or ISO format, in the same way as DVD, without manual user trickery and with auto import of metadata.
- Blu-rays should be marked as such in appropriate views, in the same way as DVDs are currently.
- MC should intercept open source developments in Blu-ray menuing so it can use non-Java menus, specifically Slysoft Speedmenu. XBMC should not have better bluray support than MC18.
- There should be semi-automatic configuring of an external player for Blu-ray, either for all Blu-ray or just for 3D, according to the user's wishes. If possible, MC should auto-discover if a disc is 3D, 2D or both and offer appropriate options. If auto-discovery is not possible then the user should be able to easily tag Blurays as 2D, 3D or 3D/2D.

- The player needs an "info" box (ideally when the info key available on most remotes is pressed) that in particular shows subtitle and audio language AND audio codec (eg. DTS HD-MA) so the user can quickly and easily see if the player has selected the right default subtitle/audio options.

Jong

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 11:11:01 am »

HTML5 video Playback is needed for WebGizmo and DLNA. Specifically iPhone and iPad need to be fully supported.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 11:54:59 am »

Hi , first post here!

A few suggestions I've been thinking of:

DSP+Output & Output mode (ASIO, Directsound etc) profile per -selectable- Artist/Album/Track level and a Global disable/enable option. Could be saved either in the library or in the file folder.

At Room Correction, it'd be very useful to be able to increase the speaker distance in smaller steps (0,1 instead of 0,5) and I'd think that metric system would make more sense for that option. More importantly, again at Room Correction panel, please allow for a user defined value for the crossover under bass management. Some fine tuning is really important sometimes, eg I get much more fluid sound between my satellites and SW with the crossover set at 110Hz instead of the preset 100 or 120.

Also, it'd be nice to have an option, when MC is minimized to tray and next track on the playlist is played, to have a popup message (without focus for a few seconds) informing about the currently playing track.

Finally, I should mention that sometimes, while in artists View , the alphabet at the top is lost until you click at another tab and return back to the artists View. A bigger limit for opened Views should be adopted as well, at least 15-20 for power users with RAM and CPU to spare. And I agree with Vocalpoint's suggestion above, the search box should be wider.

drc

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »

If you're still seeking feature request...

Add a VU Meter where currently Spectrum Analyzer shows in custom display.  Old school but currently i run outside of MC17 looks good.

See Attachment

Thanks

DRC

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »

It would be great of the chapters of MKV video files could be automatically made into particles and managed like songs in an album. I have many MKV concert videos with each song as a chapter.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 02:20:16 pm »

If you're still seeking feature request...

Add a VU Meter where currently Spectrum Analyzer shows in custom display.  Old school but currently i run outside of MC17 looks good.

See Attachment

Thanks

DRC
You can use a VST plugin such as VU Meter[/ur] and then just view the DSP Studio window during playback.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 02:30:46 pm »

Love film support please for uk users please .... Netflix is crap in the uk...lovefilm have an Api that jriver can use

Tv guide improvements update guide hourly instead of daily

Clock on guide

Ability to see what you have set to record in guide

farmer1

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 04:57:19 pm »

Will DVB-T subtitles for live-tv be implemented in MC18? if not, the Televison function is useless in Denmark and a lot of other countries where local after syncronisation is uncommon.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 05:11:04 pm »

chevron

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 06:43:11 pm »

I mainly use MC for playing music with theatre view on a 22" monitor from across the room with a remote control so the enhancements I would like are for remote control and theatre view only.

With over 2000 albums scrolling through the artist/album view is a chore so I would like a simpler selection process.  There used to be a way of doing this in previous versions but that seems to have been 'broken' by MC17.  One easy solution could be a check box in the theatre view options to enable an alphabet at the top of the screen.

Would it be possible to increase the thickness of the selection box as it can get washed out and difficult to see from a few metres away in bright daylight?

Playing now is the display I would normally have up when music is playing.  Would it be possible to have some more options here?  For instance, I never use ratings so I would like to be able to remove this field.  Also it is not clear how to enable track number in this display.  This would be useful for classical music where movements are often only titled with tempo markings. 

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:50 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 06:57:25 pm »

I mainly use MC for playing music with theatre view on a 22" monitor from across the room with a remote control so the enhancements I would like are for remote control and theatre view only.

With over 2000 albums scrolling through the artist/album view is a chore so I would like a simpler selection process.  There used to be a way of doing this in previous versions but that seems to have been 'broken' by MC17.  One easy solution could be a check box in the theatre view options to enable an alphabet at the top of the screen.

Would it be possible to increase the thickness of the selection box as it can get washed out and difficult to see from a few metres away in bright daylight?

Playing now is the display I would normally have up when music is playing.  Would it be possible to have some more options here?  For instance, I never use ratings so I would like to be able to remove this field.  Also it is not clear how to enable track number in this display.  This would be useful for classical music where movements are often only titled with tempo markings. 
The letters on the remote's numeric keypad will work.  You can get page up and down with the channel up and down buttons.

Adjusting the monitor might help.  Please start a new thread if you would like to discuss.

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 06:57:48 pm »

What would be great, is an app that displays the JRiver window on iPad. And that can send commands. All the Android and iOS remotes that I have seen are too simple, not very customizable, and don't display enough informations at one time. VNC is slow. RDP works better, but scrolling is a pain.

the-order

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »

I would like to see more advanced skinning capabilities and more integration with Windows 7 task bar support when right clicking.

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 10:04:25 pm »

Better Last.fm support for remote use (Theater View)!

TV Streaming

Emailsubs3

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »

I would like to see a much better Search.

This staple feature is oddly weak compared to the rest of the application. It's either too basic or too complicated, but never just right.
- It needs a better unified UI implementation.
- Intuitive advanced search capabilities (What about the Find -> More in MS Word 2010 but adapted for audio & video media files)

Thanks

Keep up the good work!

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 01:12:45 am »

3 things that I would like to see.

Better Windows 8 Support (I don't care about Metro UI).

2 or 3 UI options during Install..... One for the average user and one for the tech savvy user. Many of my friends only want to Play Music/Video, Sync to devices, Burn or copy, or re-encode to a different format. These options should be extremely easy to find and use. The re-encode feature is the hardest to find now. Also make is easier to Sync to devices so the Average user doesn't get confused.

And please have someone make a "Chinese Traditional" language pack. My Taiwanese friends are begging for it.
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 02:20:37 am »

I would like to have an file-based view like in foobar, where changes of the files can be seen fast, also I don't need a library, I want to see my files and thats it.
I never managed to see that so fast and easy like in foobar.
This I really miss ind JRiver MC.

Regards,
Erich

wraith

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 03:03:43 am »

Audio Comparer

It would be useful to have a duplicate file finder that actually compares the content of the file (regardless of bitrate) rather than just tag info, file name etc. :)
System: Intel Quad Core
            6Gb RAM
MC: 20.0.080

ronenash

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 03:24:37 am »

Internet radio - something like the squeezebox. This will retire my SB at last.

hamsi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 03:37:39 am »

• I have difficulty with MC17 on tag information for SACD iso and DSD files
  • couldn't find an easy way cataloging Classical files because of artist name and composer name confliction.
    • And I think "audio only" version is a must.

jjschofield

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 04:20:26 am »

Hi. I would love to be able to use MC18 to play CDG files so I can use it for Karaoke sessions. Library would need to have separate tab on left I guess?

peeky

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 04:33:07 am »

How about including sending the video display output to a specific monitor in a zone.  I raised this in the forums so as to enable to the video to be sent to a projector in another room.

Thanks
Dave

Gork

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 04:46:58 am »

Here's one I ask for with every new release I purchase.  Though I have a license for 16 (and now for 17/18) I'm still only using 15 (/sigh don't ask) so this may have already been done - but I've never read that it has.

I would like the ability to be able to "virtually combine" separate tracks into a single track.

Say I rip a CD and it has 10 tracks.  But tracks 3-5 are really a single song, but they broke it down into three tracks on the CD.  When I rip the CD I have three files.  I'd like to be able to keep the three files as-is, but tell MC to treat the tracks as a single track.  That way anytime I add one of the tracks to the playlist it automagically adds all three, and keeps them together even through different sort orders (random, etc).

I think this would be a great addition for those "few pesky CDs," and certainly for those of us who listen to classical music.  And, unlike Apple's solution, something like this would work for any file type.  I rip all my CDs to native WAV format...

I've been using MC since at least 2006, v11 - I still have my email confirmation and key codes.  I LOVE IT - There's NOTHING like it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up