INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Problems  (Read 1352 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV Problems
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:41:28 pm »

I just bought MC17 a few months back and my experience with it has been a bit disappointing...

I'm still hoping for a stable version with a more user friendly TV interface i.e. A better guide as you watch TV plus embedded Comskip and ways to file convert shows. (Something more SageTVish..) I use MC17 for pretty much everything except TV watching/recording.  IMHO Sage is more stable/reliable and user friendly for TV watching/recording (I do use MC17 for Netflix, Bluray, videos etc...BTW thanks for finally making it work in Canada   For audio I use it for serious listening but I do go back to foobar every once in a while as I find it more intuitive and easier to use than MC17...However I'm sold on the audio quality of MC17 which is why I use it mostly but it's a bit frustrating that, IMHO, you haven't put it to maturity and yet, I would have to buy MC18 without knowing what it has to offer?? And even if I did buy it for sure I wouldn't want to use an early beta version which would just increase my level of frustration...
For 5-10 bucks maybe but 18??? For 5$ or less I would even be tempted to log in bugs

You will tell me that it is somewhere in a forum that I can find out how to tweak MC to my own taste and maybe get all of the above working (and believe me, I looked...) But since I paid for this I would expect it to be easier to use or at the very least better documented...I've spent an incredible amount of time using MediaMonkey, Foobar and even Itunes for listening, syncing, tagging, renaming, ripping (I use dBpoweramp for this) all of these I find were easier to use than MC.

My 2 cents.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:57:56 pm »

Maybe you could provide some details on what you expect, or you could use SageTV to record and MC to play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up