INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help setting up TV guide...  (Read 1200 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Help setting up TV guide...
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:07:38 pm »

... when two channels share the same program-guide, e.g. when the first is a SD version and the second an HD version?

When I e.g. assign the same XMLTV-channel (e.g. TV2) to both TV2 and TV2HD only one of the two channels will show up in the guide. Am I doing something wrong or overseeing something?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
Mikkel

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help setting up TV guide...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the system will only use a TVXML-ID once.  You could try another guide provider who covers the same channel.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 08:24:10 am »

I'm pretty sure that the system will only use a TVXML-ID once.  You could try another guide provider who covers the same channel.

If so I hope the JRiver-team would consider using the same ID for more than one channel. It is needed in the example I mentioned above and when the first channel is streaming regular stereo sound and the other HE-AAC 5.1 surround sound.

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:35 am »

If so I hope the JRiver-team would consider using the same ID for more than one channel. It is needed in the example I mentioned above and when the first channel is streaming regular stereo sound and the other HE-AAC 5.1 surround sound.

If I am right then I agree.  This situation will arise quite frequently.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:16:46 am »

JimH, is there a workaround until/if it is fixed?

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up