INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17/18 Stability Problems?  (Read 1285 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
MC17/18 Stability Problems?
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:51:31 am »

I don't feel MC17 was mature and stable enough to stop its development and force us to buy MC18 if we want more features and stability...
MC?  Stable?  You're kidding, right?

I don't know what their plan is but stability has never really seemed to be part of it.  It's a heckuva tool, one I've paid for many times during upgrades.  I find it's utility features unmatched in other tools.  Thus why I purchase it.  But I don't really make much use of it as an media playback tool.  It just never rises to a level of polish or stability that makes me interested in trying to trust it to do that particular job.  It's ended up being a lot less hassle to turn over audio zone playback to devices like Sonos.  Lots more money, sure, but they're wife-friendly and reliable.  MC does all the grunt work of managing the tracks and such, but it's just not a good fit otherwise.  

I'd be optimistic and say "someday" but that day hasn't come in the YEARS of development.  Too much creeping featuritis and not a lot of follow through on the hard parts of UI and real-world usability.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bill Kearney's Stability Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:03:51 am »

Bill,
I just took a look at your posts over the last year.  I didn't see any reports of these problems.

Maybe you could try the wiki article called Stability.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stability

Jim

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Bill Kearney's Stability Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:22:12 am »

You got my upgrade money, just in case. 

But I'd rather spent my time with products where changes I'd like actually happen.  I suppose it's entirely possible MC is finally getting around to addressing them, but if not then it'd be more time of mine wasted.  I've got other fish to fry lately.  Keep up the good work and thanks for the upgrade price break.
Pages: [1]   Go Up