INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WDTV Live  (Read 41136 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: WDTV Live
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

JRiver CEO Elect

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 07:02:05 pm »

Hi,

Using MC 18.0.122, WD TV Live 1.12.14 with gigabit wired network

I use the WD TV Live Media Streamer predominately as a Media Player, however when I fist got it I tested it as a renderer & it worked fine (probably early JR MC 17 & several WD firmware versions ago)

I tested today & got the error message 'There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device....'  I got this on Audio (FLAC) and Video (MKV).  Both files play fine using the WD unit as a player

Next I shut down JR MC 18 & media server & started JR MC17 & services.  Audio file (FLAC) was OK, MKV was not, DVD Rip in folder structure was OK
Killed off JR MC17 & restarted 18
Can get the WD unit to render audio if the DLNA server is set to always convert to MP3
Can get the WD unit to render audio (MP4 with AVC1 & AAC codecs)

I'll do some more testing tonight, trying to work out what it'll render & what it wont

cheers,

Steve

csimon

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 06:56:40 am »

I got the latest update yesterday and now I can't push audio as well as video!

maniacoprogressif

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 10:06:40 am »

I already use the lastest version of WD Live TV and the lastest version of MC River 17 !

Does I must to buy the MC 18 ?

If yes, I thinked it's a plan to do money.

I will check the MC 18 before I will upgrade.

I'm very agree about that.

Thanks anyway !

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:53 am »

MC 18.0.122
WD TV Live Streaming Media Player with firmware 1.12.14
DLNA Server set to never convert (Video and Audio)
All files play OK when using the WD Live unit as a player.  the following are the results when using as a renderer

File TypeVideo CodecAudio CodecBitrateOutcomeNotes
M4AN/AAAC124OK
M4AN/AAAC256OK
M4AN/AAAC261OK
M4AN/AALAC364FailedSkips to next file in list
FLACN/AFLAC>262FailedGet message there was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device....
WAVN/APCM1411FailedGet message there was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device....
IFOMPEG-2DTS8901OK
MKVMPEG-2AC310024FailedThere was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device
MKVAVC-1DTS649584FailedThere was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device
MKVWVC1AC326474OK
MKVAVC1Multi36608FailedThere was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device
MP4AVC1AAC36608OK

Most if not all of the movies have multi tracks.  I didn't note these down when recording the detail

MKV files created using MakeMKV (various versions) from original disks

I'm happy to provide Media Info dumps / JR MC logfiles on the failed files.  Also I can upgrade to the newer WD firmware if required (although I believe it has issues)

regards,

Steve

[edited to fix typos]

hcshrader

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 06:04:29 am »

Perhaps I have a similar issue?  I play a video from MC 17 to WD LIVE and after about 30m, the video stops and I need to reconnect WD LIVEto MC. That is easy enough to do, but I shouldn't have to do it.

Is this a problem related to the above, or something new?  Any advice? 

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 10:30:40 am »

MC 18.0.122
WD TV Live Streaming Media Player with firmware 1.12.14
DLNA Server set to never convert (Video and Audio)
All files play OK when using the WD Live unit as a player.  the following are the results when using as a renderer

File TypeVideo CodecAudio CodecBitrateOutcomeNotes
M4AN/AAAC124OK
M4AN/AAAC256OK
M4AN/AAAC261OK
M4AN/AALAC364FailedSkips to next file in list
FLACN/AFLAC>262FailedGet message there was a problem contolling the selected DLNA device....
WAVN/APCM1411FailedGet message there was a problem contolling the selected DLNA device....
IFOMPEG-2DTS8901OK
MKVMPEG-2AC310024FailedThere was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device
MKVAVC-1DTS649584FailedThere was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device
MKVWVC1AC326474OK
MKVAVC1Multi36608FailedThere was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device
MP4AVC1AAC36608OK

Most if not all of the movies have multi tracks.  I didn't note these down when recording the detail

MKV files created using MakeMKV (various versions) from original disks

I'm happy to provide Media Info dumps / JR MC logfiles on the failed files.  Also I can upgrade to the newer WD firmware if required (although I believe it has issues)

regards,

Steve
Thanks for testing.
A couple of questions, do you have more than one DLNA server configured in MC?
If so, MC as a controller uses the first server in the list unless you right click on the renderer zone and configure the DLNA controller options.

Next questions, when you connect as a player, you are using DLNA, not SMB??

Finally, I assume you are not using the older WD0BAAN model?

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »

Hi Bob,

There is only one DLNA server configured in MC
Definitely using DLNA.  Have never configured SMB
The model is WDBGXT0000NBK-01

Let me know if there's anything else you need

regards,

Steve

csimon

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2013, 10:05:23 am »

I've just tried my WDTV again and it works.  There has been no further firmware update but there have been a few MC updates since I last tried it. Has anything knowingly been tweaked?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

I've just tried my WDTV again and it works.  There has been no further firmware update but there have been a few MC updates since I last tried it. Has anything knowingly been tweaked?
Just a few of very specific DLNA flags for particular video formats.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 08:59:19 pm »

Bob I don't know if you have had a play yet but I've done some more testing regarding the WDTV Live dropping off with a "Last Content Source Has Been Removed Error" during playback.  I've upgraded to the lastest firmware 1.14.09 and this error is still present when "Pulling" from the MC Generic DLNA Server, but I've found that if I "Push" to the WDTVLive from MC Client, or from a GIZMO Instance then the the playback will not be interupted.  Oddly when I "Stop" playback I go immediatly back to a "Last Content Source Has Been Removed Error" screen.

In MC's Playing Now I've right clicked on WDTVLive --> DLNA Controller Option and checked "Ignore Transport Events" and WDTVLive --> Associate with DLNA Sever --> Generic DLNA.

Given I can PUSH to the WDTVLive just fine I figure there most be some setting, config etc to enable a PULL that does not result in the "Last Content Source Has Been Removed Error" - any suggestions on what combos of settings to test?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:06 am »

I'd say try it pushing without disabling transport events and see if it errors out pushing the same way it does when pulling.
This would point to an issue with transport events if it fails pushing and still in the dark if it continues to succeed pushing.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2013, 12:39:40 am »

Thanks Bob, turns out the "Ignore Transport Events" does not make a difference for either pull or push (was a red herring).  I did a bunch of testing and
- I can see the WD TV Live regularly disappear in MC's Playing Now then after a bit reapear (but Windows Explorer still sees it just fine).
- I can make the WD TV Live error out by going into MC's Tools --> Options and then press "OK"

When Pushing media to the player it seems to be using SMB (would this be correct) as I get a msg on the WD TV Live saying it is playing media from Windows.  Does pulling using a different method and would this explain why it is stable one way but unstable another?

I tried checking and unchecking a bunch of the options but nothing of interest to report.

No other ideas so far but I can get Windows logs of DLNA traces if you want.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2013, 01:39:56 am »

hi jmone

I get the message Playing from Windows when pushing to the WD TV Live SMP via DLNA.  I defintely don't have SMB configured

I'm running an older WD firmware.  I'll upgrade to 1.14.9 & test

Please post what network devices are involved in your setup.  FTR I'm using Linksys WRT54GL & 2 x Linksys gigabit switches (think SE2500 & SE2800)
What file types & audio & video codecs are you testing with?

The only times I can remember getting the "Last Content Source Has Been Removed" message is when
  • PC has been off
  • MC Media Server settings have been changed  - Tools - Options - Media Network - Add or configure DLNA Servers

regards,

Steve

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2013, 02:29:13 am »

Thanks Steve, what are you DLNA settings that you use when pulling media from MC?  For me pushing is solid but when pullting using the WD TV Live GUI I get the  "Last Content Source Has Been Removed" within a couple of minutes and playback stops.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:21 am »

Here is the NW map.  The "Main" PC is the one running MC DLNA Sever (it has a dual NIC hence the two connections) to an HP Gigabit Unmanaged switch that then connects to a DD-WRT flashed wireless router that connects to he WDTV Live box (all physical connections)  FYI - there is also a PS3 on this DD-WRT and it works just fine pulling content over DLNA.
JRiver CEO Elect

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:27 am »

Hi,

the DLNA settings are
  • DLNA enabled
  • DLNAExtra enabled
  • Log File requests enabled

Audio - Always convert (Encoder: Uncompressed - L16 - No Header)
Video - Never Convert

Also my PC has a static LAN IP address whilst the WD unit is using DHCP to obtain an address from the router

I've had the opposite experience to you.  Pulling content has been pretty good, pushing has had some issues.

Network wise my setup is very similar aside from the dual nic (are these bonded / lagged?)

Difficult to isolate what's at fault.  I guess the options are:
  • Can you get you hands on a 2nd WD unit & confirm fault occurs with another unit?
  • anyone close to you use MC? - perhaps test the WD unit with their set-up
  • Revert network to simple setup & disconnect all other devices
  • directly connect WD to PC via crossover cable - not sure if this would work but I can test it here if you want

I should get time to test this weekend.

What file type / codecs are the majority of your audio & video?

Cheers,

Steve

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2013, 11:18:31 am »

Thanks Bob, turns out the "Ignore Transport Events" does not make a difference for either pull or push (was a red herring).  I did a bunch of testing and
- I can see the WD TV Live regularly disappear in MC's Playing Now then after a bit reapear (but Windows Explorer still sees it just fine).
- I can make the WD TV Live error out by going into MC's Tools --> Options and then press "OK"

When Pushing media to the player it seems to be using SMB (would this be correct) as I get a msg on the WD TV Live saying it is playing media from Windows.  Does pulling using a different method and would this explain why it is stable one way but unstable another?

I tried checking and unchecking a bunch of the options but nothing of interest to report.

No other ideas so far but I can get Windows logs of DLNA traces if you want.

Thanks
Nathan
There is very little difference between pushing and pulling and neither uses SMB. When pushing, all metadata is sent to the renderer since there isn't a request coming into the server with specific fields requested like there is when pulling from the renderer. In both cases, the renderer just opens a url containing the file to be played. Once it's playing, I can't see how there would be a difference.

I think DHCP and DLNA can be problematic. At home I used fixed leases for both my PC and DLNA devices.

One thing you could try, perhaps related to the PC sleep states, when pulling, once you get the video playing, click on the WD zone in MC. Don't do anything other than look at the zone, once you touch any of the controls (volume, etc), MC becomes that active controller. See if that changes anything. Thanks!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01:03 pm »

Mmmm I did see that in my testing yesterday... I was initially excited that some change was making the WDTVLive more stable on pulling content but all it was was me in MC looking at and doing stuff in MC's Playing now at the same time (so to your point it was MC was then the controller not the WDTVLive).  I'll try the "look" but don't "touch" later and report back. 

Server has always been on a Static IP and I've now added one for the WDTVLive as well. 

Will test more later today.... but if the streams are served the same way it then has to be the WDTVLive Controller FW that is the issue as it is the only thing that is different (eg if I use either Gizmo or MC itself as the controller it is all fine).
JRiver CEO Elect

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 03:44:49 am »

OK - upgraded the WD firmware to 1.14.09 & now running MC 18.0.144.  Server has static IP, WD unit is using DHCP

I can pull content - audio & video without an issue (although I didn't play stuff for very long)

I can make the WD unit disappear from playing now by pressing OK on the WD remote whilst a song is playing (which selects whatever song it highlighted).  Sometimes it is a brief flickr & it reappears under playing now OK, other times it is longer (>5 secs at least).  This doesn't appear to impact playing another track on the WD unit

I can generate the "Last Content Source Has Been Removed" message if the PC has been in sleep mode.  It takes a long time for the WD unit to rediscover the MC server if the WD unit is looking for it before the PC is woken (ie it can't find it, start up the PC & it still can't find it).  Restarting JR media services addresses the discovery delay immediately.  I'm pretty sure the previous WD firmware exhibited the same behavior.  I normally ensure the PC is awake before I startup the WD unit.  Can MC detect startup from sleep?  If so perhaps initiate DLNA discovery?

Whilst the WD cannot find a media server, MC can see it and can push content to it successfully.  Stopping the push, the WD unit cannot find a DLNA server for a little while

I'll do some more testing - probably focus on sleeping the WD unit (quick press of the power button) vs power off (think >3 seconds press of the power button)

Bob / jmone - let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to test

regards,

Steve

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2013, 07:20:01 pm »

Bib / Steve Thanks for the suggestions ... but I've not found anything more really.

One thing you could try, perhaps related to the PC sleep states, when pulling, once you get the video playing, click on the WD zone in MC. Don't do anything other than look at the zone, once you touch any of the controls (volume, etc), MC becomes that active controller. See if that changes anything. Thanks!

No change.  When pulling content I can see it in MC just fine and sometimes (but not always) I get the error and at exactly the sametime the WDTVLive disappears from the MC Playing Now.  No such issue when pushing.  

I'm not sure that it is Sleep states either but to test I've tried pulling content from the PC running MC Server from a LS Client + also played content at the same time.  No change.

EDIT:  Also no issue pulling content over SMB.  So in summary it only drops out pulling over DLNA.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2013, 09:08:57 pm »

Hi Bob,

Could the dropouts be due to a "SSDP Announcement" setting in MC? 

While I drop out between 3-5minutes when pulling, I've found lots of similar posts of issues with the WDTV Live dropping out at 30-mins with other DLNA servers and one "fix" was to increase the SSDP Announcement settings on these DLNA servers from 30min (1800 sec) to something larger.

Just an idea.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2013, 11:31:55 am »

Bib / Steve Thanks for the suggestions ... but I've not found anything more really.

No change.  When pulling content I can see it in MC just fine and sometimes (but not always) I get the error and at exactly the same time the WDTVLive disappears from the MC Playing Now.  No such issue when pushing.  
This is important because since when you are pulling and MC as a controller is just viewing the progress to have the WD disappear from MC's playing now indicates that the WD sent a Bye-Bye (basically reset). We don't remove anything from the tree unless it gets errors on us giving it commands OR it says it's going away.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »

I don't get this device.  Some more testing has revealed that if I set the Video Encoder in MC to "H264-TS high bandwidth stream autofps" I can push content to it just fine but if I try to pull content I get a the WDTV Live saying it is not a supported format... (the corresponding MPEG2-TS profile is fine).
JRiver CEO Elect

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

Question:
Everyone here is storing their media on their PC and then streaming it to WDTV... Correct? Would it be possible to do the opposite and store my media on a USB drive plugged into the WDTV Live and stream it to MC 18 on my PC? I am asking this because I would like to not have to have my HTPC on all the time and it would be convenient to just have a WDTV Live going directly to the TV or my AVR, but when I have my PC on I would then use MC 18.

tia,
Ron

csimon

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 05:14:42 am »

No, I don't think that's possible, the WDTV will not expose its USB drive as network share. Have you tried it to find out? Does your WDTV's USB drive appear as a network drive in Windows?

If MC server was available for installation on a NAS then this quite common request would be solved (a lot of people would prefer to server from a low-power NAS rather than having a PC running all the time) , but development of a Mac-version has taken priority for the moment. But I think it will come eventually ;-)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 11:54:39 am »

I don't get this device.  Some more testing has revealed that if I set the Video Encoder in MC to "H264-TS high bandwidth stream autofps" I can push content to it just fine but if I try to pull content I get a the WDTV Live saying it is not a supported format... (the corresponding MPEG2-TS profile is fine).
it seems as if it's using a different filter against the DIDL when pulling VS pushing.

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:01 pm »

it seems as if it's using a different filter against the DIDL when pulling VS pushing.

Has anyone tried WDXLTV? It appears to allow you to use the WDTV Live "WDTV DLNA – Turns your WDTV Live in to a DNLA server – stream media from the attached drives to any DLNA clients in the house."

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1759007

Would this do it?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 03:34:05 pm »

Here is the Wiki for what devices are supported.  http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page

I'm always happy to try other FW but I have a Gen 3 box and that is still WIP.
JRiver CEO Elect

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »

Here is the Wiki for what devices are supported.  http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page

I'm always happy to try other FW but I have a Gen 3 box and that is still WIP.
I have the Live and Live Plus... I am trying to get the firmware loaded now.

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 09:47:25 pm »

This thread encouraged me to dust off my old WDTV Live Plus and give it another try as an audio renderer.
I had less than stellar results pushing to it with MC16 and had not used it since.  Now with MC18 it works well, with a few oddities.
  • Volume control does not work.  In fact I can't even move the volume control with the mouse in MC18 when playing to the WDTV. Output is always at 100%, even if the volume control is stuck at 25% or whatever.
    MC volume slider can be moved with the Ctrl +/- buttons, but does not change the output volume
    Volume Leveling does work. Go figure.
    Playback has gaps, as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I'm running Windows XP pro, MC 18.0.16 and the latest firmware on the WDTV plus.  Network is gigabit Netgear switch with MC18 and WDTV plugged into it, the that to the main household router.  All DLNA settings are generic. Convert or not convert does not seem to matter.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 03:10:17 am »

Well my WDTV Live Streaming has no vol control at all as seems to be designed to push out 100% line level to external devices that then amp the vol.
JRiver CEO Elect

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2013, 07:32:58 am »

Yeah, it does make sense.  I don't know how Media Center sends, but if it's just saying "Here, play this file, OK - now play this one" then there would be no volume control.  The WDTV isn't seen as a soundcard.  In fact when looking at the DSP center in MC18, it says no rendering is possible for the output. Samething happens IIRC when streaming to Squeezeserver. Makes me curious about volume leveling, then. Perhaps it's a flag that is sent to the WDTV and it does the leveling?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:31 am »

Yeah, it does make sense.  I don't know how Media Center sends, but if it's just saying "Here, play this file, OK - now play this one" then there would be no volume control.  The WDTV isn't seen as a soundcard.  In fact when looking at the DSP center in MC18, it says no rendering is possible for the output. Samething happens IIRC when streaming to Squeezeserver. Makes me curious about volume leveling, then. Perhaps it's a flag that is sent to the WDTV and it does the leveling?
The WD could choose to do volume leveling by looking at the replay gain in the file header.
Also, if the audio conversion mode in MC's DLNA server is set to "convert always" you can set volume leveling as an option under audio->advanced and MC will do the leveling.

csimon

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2013, 05:03:58 pm »

My WDTV Live responds to volume slider movement from MC - in both front-end and via Plugplayer and JRemote. This is an old-school unit though, I haven't got my new-style WDTV Live Streaming hooked up at the moment, I guess there may be a difference in the Plus and Streaming models?

csimon

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

In fact when looking at the DSP center in MC18, it says no rendering is possible for the output.

The DSP settings are irrelevant for a DLNA device, as you say they're not soundcards. The settings that will affect it are the DLNA server settings, but volume control should be sent correctly via DLNA.

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 11:44:21 pm »

No, I don't think that's possible, the WDTV will not expose its USB drive as network share. Have you tried it to find out? Does your WDTV's USB drive appear as a network drive in Windows?

If MC server was available for installation on a NAS then this quite common request would be solved (a lot of people would prefer to server from a low-power NAS rather than having a PC running all the time) , but development of a Mac-version has taken priority for the moment. But I think it will come eventually ;-)
It works! I have a 4TB USB drive hooked up to the WDTV Live and I can access the drive from my PC with JRiver MC 18.

csimon

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2013, 04:22:14 am »

That's amazing! Which model of the WDTV have you got? (original, Plus, Streaming, Hub etc)

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2013, 05:34:37 am »

That's amazing! Which model of the WDTV have you got? (original, Plus, Streaming, Hub etc)
I have the WDTV-LIVE with the WDXLTV-LIVE firmware... My other box (WDTV-LIVE PLUS) Doesn't see the 4TB drive.

csimon

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:14 am »

Ah, well as reported above, this firmware seems to turn the unit into a DLNA server, so presumbaly you are using MC to connect to a remote DLNA server rather than being able to see the USB drive as a drive letter in Windows?

But this would provide what the OP wants anyway - a way to access the media on the WDTV via MC18, but of course will not be able to take advanatge of MC's advanced categorisation etc, he will be using the WDTV's browsing structure vcia DLNA.

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2013, 07:35:45 pm »

Ah, well as reported above, this firmware seems to turn the unit into a DLNA server, so presumbaly you are using MC to connect to a remote DLNA server rather than being able to see the USB drive as a drive letter in Windows?

But this would provide what the OP wants anyway - a way to access the media on the WDTV via MC18, but of course will not be able to take advanatge of MC's advanced categorisation etc, he will be using the WDTV's browsing structure vcia DLNA.
If you want to tag them for categories you can still use MC18 categories I believe. I have only tagged mine for "movie" and they show up in the same place they did when I had them on a local drive. When I view files I can see that they are on the WDTV media player. I was watching movies via MC18 and WDTV last night and they looked great... I am using a Gigabit Switch and cat 6 cables so far. I have not had a chance to try it across the wireless N yet.

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2013, 05:00:35 pm »

The settings that will affect it are the DLNA server settings, but volume control should be sent correctly via DLNA.
Hmmmm..... wonder what I'm doing wrong?  Will dig into it.
FWIW, I've always been able to see and play from a USB drive connected to the WDTV Live.  I could map the whole library there.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:39 am »

New FW is out 1.15.10 - but unfortunately no change for me - still drops out when pulling after around 5mins
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 10:51:53 am »

New FW is out 1.15.10 - but unfortunately no change for me - still drops out when pulling after around 5mins
I just reviewed this whole thread. I'm wondering why you have 2 nic cards to the same switch on the MC PC?
How is this configured?? Separate IP's?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2013, 02:47:33 am »

Yup - sepperate IP's and this was to solve a congestion issue when both streaming media and doing a sync with my Backup Server (more here - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77063.0 )

FYI - I just purchased one of the Android based Media Server boxes and installed Media House Pro on it (a DLNA controller / player) and it could pull content using the same profile just fine.  No 5min drop out.....so I'm still with it being something with the WD unit I have.
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2013, 10:36:41 am »

Well, you could try this:

// One can add a registry entry under
   // HKCU->Software->JRiver->Media Center 18->DLNA called "Ignored IP Addresses"
   // which will prevent notifies and responses to matching address/networks.
   // The registry entry is a comma delimited string of ipv4 addresses/bits of significance..
   // i.e. 192.168.1.0/24,10.0.0.0/24,176.18.2.3/32  and so on...

It's a way to lock out certain interfaces that you don't want used for DLNA. You could put the backup NIC on that list and test again.
My intuition says there may be an issue with the discovery, data, etc being available on two interfaces on the same LAN.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

Even easier to test, I'll just disable one of the ports and see how it goes!
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2013, 04:17:56 pm »

Even easier to test, I'll just disable one of the ports and see how it goes!
Just to make sure the test is clean, start MC after the port is disabled.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2013, 03:34:37 am »

I'm nominating you for MC Genius of the Year!  After 30min with only one Ethernet Port is active there were no drop outs at all.  Enabled the second port and it was initially fine then fell over within a couple of minutes....  a good one to add to JimH's list of weird stuff

I'm now testing with the Registry Change (note: I have no idea if I've formed the key correctly or what the "bits of significance" should be).  Also is this going to be the preferred "fix" or is there an update to MC code base?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:40 am »

OK - disabling the 2nd Ethernet connection works.  The registry change I make in the above pic did not (but I'm not sure it is correct).
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up