INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDTV Live  (Read 41109 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: WDTV Live
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2013, 01:43:36 am »

FYI - I've "teamed" the two Ethernet ports so the NW only sees one and this too has solved the issue  ;D

JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:30 am »

I'm nominating you for MC Genius of the Year!  After 30min with only one Ethernet Port is active there were no drop outs at all.  Enabled the second port and it was initially fine then fell over within a couple of minutes....  a good one to add to JimH's list of weird stuff

I'm now testing with the Registry Change (note: I have no idea if I've formed the key correctly or what the "bits of significance" should be).  Also is this going to be the preferred "fix" or is there an update to MC code base?

The pic looks good but you really only need to put the network address for that second lan card in there.
The /32 would be for a point-to-point interface, unlikely you have any of those.
On mine, I put in 192.168.56.0/24 to get MC to ignore stuff on my virtualbox virtual interface. I don't think your trailing comma helps matters.
Traced it through the debugger and it works properly here.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:38 am »

FYI - I've "teamed" the two Ethernet ports so the NW only sees one and this too has solved the issue  ;D
Good to see that worked as well.
The "Ignored IP Addresses" was used for testing. I'm thinking if the option were added to MC it might be better to reverse the logic and bind by default to all interfaces and if someone want to specify a specific interface (or more) to bind to then allow that to be specified.
It's more like the way servers are configured for things like DNS, etc.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2013, 02:58:53 pm »

I'm happy for now with the teaming soln, but let me know if you want me to test the registry settings (or other ideas).
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

bidders

• Recent member
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:58 am »

Until recently I was using version 17.0.189 to push both audio and pictures to WDTV using ONIFI as my DNLA option. Everything was fine until the WDTV box had a 'new firmware upgrade' and now it does not work. The strange thing is it shows the tracks I want to play in audio but there is no sound and when displaying pictures it does cope but is extremell slow.
So to reiterate it used to work using OMNIFI despite the fact that I was using WDTV but after the firmware upgrade it does not work..... Must be a WDTV problem not JRiver

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2013, 08:14:47 pm »

Now I got the WDTV Live Stable I thought I would test the DLNA settings with V171 (latest).  I have been using "Always convert --> MPEG2-TS high bandwidth stream (autofps)" and it works fine but I thought I would try some options such as the "H264-TS high bandwidth (autofps)" profile but I'm getting a while bunch of issues where either the WDTV Live would say it is not compatible or MC would freeze.  

Anyone else having issue with these profiles in V171?
JRiver CEO Elect

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2013, 06:43:17 am »

I am having the same problem.  I tried the new settings and now my wdtv live hub is unstable (no firmware changes to the wdtv)

Several video files that played normally before now give errors on MC18 (.171).

these are primarily for avi files.  

one file for example, is one of my kids shows which a 640x480 data rate of 1163kbps, 29 frames /sec
audio 192kbps 2 channel 48 khz sample rate.

I am unable to find any specific patterns to the files that work and do not work but it is particularly annoying.

BTW, a WDTV profile for the DLNA settings would be lovely,

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »

whats the cheapest/most successful way now a days to get all file types to play flawlessly on tv's (Wirelessly)? WDTV? i bought chromecast which works great, but we (our family) is really wanting the ability to see the theaterview interface while searching for new media...does WDTV offer the jriver theaterview interface? will chromecast ever offer this? what other options are there besides buying a htpc for every tv in the house?

Thanks

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2014, 07:12:29 am »

I use the WDTV Live hub.  I have 4 of them in my home.  However, I have them all hard wired.

Rarely have an issue with them

Dave

HTPC4ME

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2014, 08:28:11 am »

thanks for reply dave,
is the wdtv interface identical to htpc theaterview interface (views the same)?

anyone else using it wirelessly, experiences?
Thanks

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »

No the interface is completely different.  It is the standard WDTV interface.  To my knowledge there is no media streamer that allows one to use the Theatre view (except for an HTPC).

The wdtv live's work as great dlna renderers.  Pretty much any file can be sent and played on your tv.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2014, 09:33:45 pm »

ahhh ok, was hoping there was a way to use theaterview's views being we spent so much time setting them up... theaterview is perfect, but as you mentioned only pc solution.
do you know much about chromecast(how it works)? is it possible for jriver to even implement the theaterview\gizmo view onto the screen? or will one always be stuck with just seeing the interface from phone\tablet(whole family cannot see what's offered). this would be ideal... $35.00 per tv would be worth the investment.
Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2014, 01:55:23 am »

JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME