INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to import DLNA's Customized views for Gizmo & WebGizmo?  (Read 2173 times)

new2hifi

• Recent member
How to import DLNA's Customized views for Gizmo & WebGizmo?
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:48:10 pm »

Hi:

I am using MC17 with PlugPlayer and now with JRemote. I had created and maintained extensive custom views (with rules for file display) for DLNA server section that PlugPlayer uses. Now, I want to use same views for JRemote. Is there any way to import those views in "Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo..." section in MC17?

Thanks

Import views from here,

To here,

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to import DLNA's Customized views for Gizmo & WebGizmo?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:03:21 am »

As far as I know, there is no way of doing this.  Requests have been made in the past for a universal view library so that you can assign the same view to several areas without having to set them up again from scratch.

The workaround is to create the views first in your normal MC client front-end then save them, and when you go into the setup for DLNA views, Theater View, Web views etc you can then import the view from your shared library. The gotcha is that if you make any subsequent changes then you have to make them individually in each area.

new2hifi

• Recent member
Re: How to import DLNA's Customized views for Gizmo & WebGizmo?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:52:32 am »

As far as I know, there is no way of doing this.  Requests have been made in the past for a universal view library so that you can assign the same view to several areas without having to set them up again from scratch.

The workaround is to create the views first in your normal MC client front-end then save them, and when you go into the setup for DLNA views, Theater View, Web views etc you can then import the view from your shared library. The gotcha is that if you make any subsequent changes then you have to make them individually in each area.

Thank you so much for the post, I was losing hope. I have tried manual import/export but it is really manual as you have to come up with all the library settings and even name of views before importing rules. And yes then views become independent and changes don't get imported/exported automatically.

Extremely disappointing thing is that one cannot even share customized views among different DLNA's servers, forget about sharing with Gizmo & WebGizmo.

MC18 developers, are you listening?
Pages: [1]   Go Up