INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 Change of Find & Replace limited fields available  (Read 1306 times)

Muzik_Man

• Recent member
MC17 Change of Find & Replace limited fields available
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:54:48 pm »

First off...love the new MC17, but came across a limitation that's causing me grief. I enjoy keeping a master database at home, but also duplicate the db on a portable drive for use with a laptop.  I can copy the source files onto the drive, and the db from my main library and then typically just do a restore to my laptop and change the file path to make it all work.  Main source files at F: and remote (mobile) are G: on my laptop.  However, the new FIND & REPLACE no longer contains all the fields?  WHY?  It does not include the Filename (path) field so i cannot change the drive letter.  BAD.  Also, the function of Rename, Copy & Replace will not work globally because I don't want to define the path for all changes, just the drive letter.  Please tell me you'll bring this functionality back in a fix, or I'm missing something, but this is huge and I miss it.

Thanks,

Nick

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MC17 Change of Find & Replace limited fields available
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:59:42 am »

Use Rename, Copy & Replace tool, using only the Find & Replace section, in the update database mode.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Muzik_Man

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:35:38 am »

Tried that, but too limited in scope.  For instance if my file system is based on folders by Artist unless they're Various in which case its in a folder called Various Artists and in folders by Album Name.  When I want to rename the entire database i can't select both rules, by Artist or by Album (if Various Artists).  i don't want to start rename or moving files.  I just want to change the Drive letter in the path.   I want that functionality back.  So, if restore a database on my laptop (the db off my master system), and I then want to change all the pointers in the db to reflect the new drive i would use Search and Replace on Filename *(path). So globally (over 60K files)

F:\Music\Boston\Boston - Greatest Hits - 01 - More than a Feeling  ----> would become   G:\Music\Boston\Boston - Greatest Hits - 01 - More than a Feeling

and also...

F:\Music\Various Artists\Best 2012 Hits\Katy Perry - Best 2012 Hits - 01 - Wide Awake  ----> would become   G:\Music\Various Artists\Best 2012 Hits\Katy Perry - Best 2012 Hits - 01 - Wide Awake

This won't work if you use the Rename, Copy & Replace function because you can't define when to use Artist and when to use [Album]

Help. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:06:31 am »

Select all files, right click, "Library Tools > Rename Move & Copy Files"

Uncheck Directories
Uncheck Filename

Check Find & Replace

In "Find" enter F:\
In "Replace" G:\

Check the proposed output shown by MC on the right, happy? Press OK and the job is done. or did I miss something?

-marko

Muzik_Man

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:28:40 pm »

Bravo!

That's works perfectly.  Consider it solved.  Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up