INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with scraping TV Info for ISO's  (Read 1775 times)

MazMX5

• Recent member
Help with scraping TV Info for ISO's
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:01:32 am »

I am just beginning to setup my first media server for video (been using MC for audio for a while).
I want to keep the DVD's and Blu-Ray's in ISO format.  I have successfully ripped and played a few from the HDD using MC.  However, I have come a little unstuck with the tagging...

The files using the following folder and filename structure:-

Tv Shows>Tales Of The Gold Monkey>Season 1>Tales Of The Gold Monkey_1982_s0_e01e02e03>TALES_OF_THE_GOLD_MONKEY_D1.iso

As you can see, I have left the file name unchanged from the original rip, but renamed the folder path instead.  I can successfully populate the fields in MC, but It doesn't seem as though I can use multiple episode numbers in the 'episode' field if I want to use the 'Get Movie & TV Info' function.

Question is, is it possible to relate mutiple espisode numbers to a single file and still use this feature?  If not, is there a way to setup an import that will automatically create mutiple entries in MC for each ISO rip based on the the number of episodes given in the file name?

...Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?!

Andy

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with scraping TV Info for ISO's
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:49:32 am »

I think you're gonna get lot's of problems going only for ISO's. It's not well supported in MC. You can tag them manually, but that's it I'm afraid. First of, ISO's and other stuff are marked as data, and not videos. You'll have to change this manually to video. Then you can TRY to get some meta data info. I do not know if this works. But you can forget to get info on several episodes in one ISO.

I would recommend dropping ISO's all together. Rip to mkv or similar. It's gonna make your media life so much more pleasant.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MazMX5

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to persuade MC to see the ISO's as video. When you try to play them, Daemon Tools auto-mounts them in background. It seems to works pretty well, although playback isn't 100% smooth - that might be related to the PAL bug reported in another thread.

I did think this was the path of least resistance, but it seems not.  Having to rip and convert so many disks is a little daunting  :(

Thanks

Andy

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:31:34 am »

I've not done this my self, but it would surprise me if there was no applications that rip disks to mkv or other formats automatically when you insert disks. And if you have such an app, it should be a simple task to just double click the ISO's one by one. It will take some time, but will probably be little effort on your end. That's at least what I would do. You can always ask for better ISO support in MC, but I think you'll be happy faster by converting :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 05:54:02 am »

Try MakeMKV.

No need to do anything other than rip the disc to mkv - Main Movie only , or a combination of that + the extras can be ripped to individual files and for TV Series it will rip to the individual episodes as well.

On average it takes about 20-30 minutes to rip a main movie + HD Audio (this provides a straight 1 to 1 copy), however should you wish to encode and reduce the size of the file it could take many hours dependant on the processing power of your PC.

MazMX5

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:44:22 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've decided to extract the mkv from the ISO images. Hopefully ISO images will be better supported in the future. Playback is fine, it's only the meta data thats really an issue.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up