INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create live://asio as shortcut or playlist?  (Read 1412 times)

ogs

• World Citizen
Create live://asio as shortcut or playlist?
« on: September 02, 2012, 04:51:18 pm »

I am new to MC trying to find out how to best adapt it's functions to my use. Today I use LMS (Squeezeboxserver) 7.8beta on Linux with BrutefirDRC plugin as convolver for room correction created in Audiolense.
I have configured my Sound Devices USBPre2 on Media Center with Asio for both output and input and I can use all DSP features in MC (17.0.184) including convolver through my USBPre2. Input is selected via live://asio and I have created a playlist from this which works. I plan on using MC as a headless server and there is a problem when I use JRemote: a dialog opens at the server PC screen, not in the remote, every time I switch to the Asio input - requesting confirmation to Device: Sample rate: Channels: Channel offset:
Is there a way to avoid this? Can I add the parameters to a command line or may be a config file on disk?
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Create live://asio as shortcut or playlist?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 07:46:59 am »

Welcome.  It sounds like you have a neat setup.

The only way to get Live playback to start silently would be to script something that sent an 'Enter' key to the dialog.  I realize this is complicated.

However, Live:// playback will move from experimental status to a normal, easy to find feature in v18.  We would be happy to make sure it's scriptable there.  Maybe you could bump this thread in a few weeks once early v18 builds go public.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:25:05 am »

Welcome.  It sounds like you have a neat setup.

The only way to get Live playback to start silently would be to script something that sent an 'Enter' key to the dialog.  I realize this is complicated.

However, Live:// playback will more from experimental status to a normal, easy to find feature in v18.  We would be happy to make sure it's scriptable there.  Maybe you could bump this thread in a few weeks once early v18 builds go public.

Thanks Matt, I'll update to v18 as soon as it is available and report back here.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:00:57 pm »

Hi Matt, I have installed v18 a couple of days ago. Is the live:// in as a feature yet? I've looked around, but have not seen anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up