INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: W8/WP8 app  (Read 2728 times)

leoric

• World Citizen
W8/WP8 app
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:59:26 am »

Are there any plans to develop Windows 8 RT/Windows Phone 8 app during JRMC18 lifetime?

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Re: W8/WP8 app
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:52 am »

...I desperatly want to be able to use my Surface RT tablet as a remote for my whole house J River system..... so I'd love this as well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:37:40 pm »

WebGizmo will probably work as a remote for MC.

voider78

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 04:55:38 am »

Hi,
any update on this? I want to use my surface (Windows RT) as a remote for JRiver MC. The iPad App seems to be really good. Can you please develop an app as well for windows 8 and RT Users?

Thanks,
Timur

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 05:01:49 am »

Would be nice, but I guess right now there are not enough WindowsRT users out there... not sure how many "Windows8 on tablet user" exist. Perhaps someone outside of JRiver could create a remote for WindowsRT/8?!

csimon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 05:12:01 am »

There isn't a JRiver iPad app! There are some third party ones (e.g. JRemote, MyRiver), but JRiver have only developed Gizo which is for Android.

If Theater View could be overhauled to be more attractive and useable on touch-screen devices then you could actually install JRiver itself as a client on a Windows 8 tablet, that might be a more appropriate route for JRiver to go down rather than developing a complete new app.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 06:13:17 am »

Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 are different things.
MC can not be installed on Windows RT.
Windows Phone 8 apps can be ported to Windows RT. But who wants a "larger phone app"?
Right now, there is only a Windows Phone 7 app: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70106.0
So... Much work to do for probably only a few users!

I think a more touch friendly theater view is the way to go. Will make much more (Windows 8) tablet users happy.

csimon

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 06:21:22 am »

Touch-based remote control/client-server has been the future for some time and now Microsoft are handing it to JRiver on a plate with the introduction of a touch-based Windows OS! Don't get left behind again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 06:55:26 am »

If Theater View could be overhauled to be more attractive and useable on touch-screen devices then you could actually install JRiver itself as a client on a Windows 8 tablet...
This works now on the Microsoft Surface Pro.  I bought one recently, and I intend to write up a little review.

MC doesn't run on the Surface RT, but WebGizmo would work.

csimon

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 07:36:36 am »

This works now on the Microsoft Surface Pro.  I bought one recently, and I intend to write up a little review.

Thanks - would be interested to read that!

But I recently hooked up an old-school 12" touch monitor to play around with Theater View and it wasn't really what I expected. Scrolling by swiping, for example, doesn't really work especially if you're in a Cover Flow view. You have to use scroll bars and up/down buttons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up