INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.45 -- Available Here  (Read 13807 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.45 -- Available Here
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:53 am »

This is the latest beta version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This is a beta.  It may crash, hang, or have other problems.  Do not use if problems will upset you.

New Features in MC18

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180045.exe

18.0.45 (9/17/2012)

1. Fixed: The installer was crashing with build 44.
2. Fixed: Clicking the 'Edit Disc Information' button in the view header would not work in some cases.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the panes was not working.
4. Changed: Renaming an existing value in a list field that doesn't use list editing (like Artist) would replace the entire list instead of renaming only the single value.
5. Fixed: The 'Rip' Action Window could blank out when switching views.
6. Fixed: The 'Rip' Action Window could display an incorrect total number of ripped tracks when multiple CD's were being ripped.
7. Changed: The bitstreaming setting from Options > Video is migrated to Options > Audio so no user settings will be lost.
8. Changed: Options > Handheld allows running up to 8 conversions at a time (the previous limit was 4 at a time).
9. Changed: Playchart editing is enabled again (now that Play Doctor is done changing).
10. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing for non-editable Action Window > Tag items.

18.0.44 (9/14/2012)

1. NEW: Native ALAC encoder.
2. Changed: The option for bitstreaming audio moved from a video setting to an audio setting (you will have to manually reconfigure bitstreaming one time in Options > Audio).
3. Fixed: Adding a library view could crash.
4. Fixed: Adding a library that pointed to a Library Server was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Clicking the image in the Action Window > Tag page was not zooming into a full page view of the image.
6. Changed: Saved Play Doctor lists (Playcharts) will not be evaluated when looking at the parent playlist group (makes browsing too slow).
7. Changed: Play Doctor lists (Playcharts) show a folder icon in Theater View so they don't have to be evaluated until entered.

18.0.43 (9/13/2012)

1. Changed: When searching in the EPG or looking at 'To Be Recorded', it looks out 60 days in the future instead of 7 days.
2. NEW: Improved subwoofer limiter that does frequency-based limiting (more here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62012.0).

18.0.42 (9/12/2012)

1. Fixed: Switching in and out of Theater View could (still) hang if a web page view was showing.
2. Changed: Reworked the rules for OSD showing: the up/down menu position is independent of the temporary status views of position and volume, always starts at the same spot (resets after a minute), etc.
3. Fixed: With madVR, subtitles could draw on top of the OSD if they changed while the OSD was showing.
4. Fixed: Possible rare crash on program shutdown.
5. NEW: Added the ability to browse for sidecar subtitles while playing a video (useful for optical media, or for when the naming convention doesn't match the standards supported by JRiver).
6. Fixed: Switching between a subtitle format and no subtitles could leave the last subtitle showing.
7. Changed: When a previously removed file is reimported, it will always expand and read tags.  This fixes issues where deleting, then reimporting would not fix information if it was originally wrong for some reason.
8. Fixed: SND and SACD were incorrectly listed as discrete items in the import file types list (instead of grouped with their appropriate parent).
9. Fixed: Possible crash when deleting items from a list.
10. NEW: When importing CUE files from a folder, the underlying audio files will not be imported.
11. NEW: Import of SACD ISO files works nicely with the regular import tools.
12. Changed: 'Update Library From Tags' works better with SACD files.
13. Changed: When using the new desktop background slideshow builder, the program will use the highest possible resize quality (previously it would use a faster, but slightly lower quality resize).
14. Fixed: When streaming APE files, the last frame could play as silence.
15. Changed: Playback of an APE file could do an unnecessary parse of the APE tag when it reached the last frame of the file during playback.
16. NEW: Revised how linking of remote zones works to work better with Tremote zones ( more here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73907.msg504457#msg504457 )
17. Fixed: Options > File Location was blank.
18. Changed: The 'Details' view for file conversion is labeled 'Converter' instead of 'Video Converter' (since it can do audio or video).
19. NEW: Added 'Subtract' mode to DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer > Mix channels.

18.0.41 (9/10/2012)

1. Fixed: Options > Remote Control could crash or cause troubles when closing options.
2. Fixed: Customize View > Set rules for file display could crash.
3. Fixed: Switching to Theater View from a web page view in Standard View could hang.
4. Fixed: Clicking cancel on the search edit dialog could cause the z-order of Media Center to shuffle.
5. Fixed: Toolbars were not showing tooltips.
6. Fixed: The 'Add Library View' list of presets and saved views was not showing.
7. Fixed: Clicking a search suggestion that was showing a truncation tooltip would crash.
8. Fixed: Running the user interface when Media Server was running would cause the maximized state of the program to be discarded.
9. Fixed: Checks that were only partially filled were not drawing properly in the Tag Action Window.
10. Changed: Improved the auto-run burn handler so that it opens the 'Burn' Action Window when selected.
11. NEW: Added support for /StartAfterDelay to the launcher so you can run Media Center after a delay (example to start after 5 seconds: MC18.exe /StartAfterDelay 5000).
12. Fixed: When playing to a DLNA zone, the sample rate, channels, and bitdepth would be empty in the player bar (shows source format, not destination format when serving).
13. Changed: Memory playback will not buffer to memory when playing from a remote device (since no activity is being avoided, and pushing a NIC can often cause audio problems).

18.0.40 (9/7/2012)

1. Fixed: MTP syncs to handheld devices (i.e. Android phones) were failing.
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. NEW: Media Center can build a desktop background slideshow folder.  Select multiple images and right-click > Set as Desktop Background (requires Windows 7 or newer).
4. Changed: The 'Effects' choice on the OSD during image playback uses the newer menu style selection instead of the older one-at-a-time style.
5. NEW: Added 'Subwoofer' mode to Parametric Equalizer > Limiter (an adaptive limiter well suited for subwoofer use, good after a Linkwitz, etc.).
6. Fixed: Pushing the 'Play' button on a remote in Display View would not unpause playback.
7. NEW: Parametric Equalizer can address channels 9 through 16.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Re: Media Center 18.0.45 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:06:02 pm »

I was unable to install this.  First the extraction process seemed to hang at 40%, then the packageinstaller.exe moldule failed to load.  I should mention that this was my first install attempt, and I changed from the default install directory.  I uninstalled, getting the same errors, and then reinstalled accepting the defaults.  After that it installed fine.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »

18.0.36 (8/29/2012)

1. NEW: Native AIFF encoder.

Format conversion to AIFF works fine, but the AIFF encoding option in the audio CD ripper does not work yet. The resulting files are in the WAV format.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »

7. NEW: Parametric Equalizer can address channels 9 through 16.

My favorite so far!

Thanks for the release Matt, playing music for 10 minutes now and my speakers haven't blown up  ;)

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 07:04:03 pm »

I get a "Please install Flash" message when trying to run video on Gizmo. Running latest Gizmo available on Play. Nexus 7

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 07:12:30 pm »

I get a "Please install Flash" message when trying to run video on Gizmo. Running latest Gizmo available on Play. Nexus 7

We uploaded a new Gizmo today.  Double-check that you have the latest.

As a last resort, install from here:
http://jriver.com/install_gizmo.html

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:21:25 pm »

Matt thanks for the release..

I notice the Audio Path indicator always turns blue on hover, and crashed MC twice on hover...

It does not illuminate Blue with no change to audio, unless hovered on..

This is with the Black on Black skin.

Again, thanks for letting us put MC through the paces...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »

Spectrum Analyzer fails to appear during playback. I've tried several skins.

Working now, must have been a zone specific issue with some setting . . .one I've since changed, apparently.
. . . the game is rigged

jkrzok

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 10:53:05 pm »

We uploaded a new Gizmo today.  Double-check that you have the latest.

As a last resort, install from here:
http://jriver.com/install_gizmo.html

Downloaded the new Gizmo from jriver and rebooted both Nexus 7 and PC. Still no dice.

justsomeguy

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 01:26:48 am »

Thanks for the release.

I have 2 problems I've run across.

1) I still have the problem I had in version 17 here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74025.msg502444#msg502444

2) With videos the playback progress bar will show 7 or 10 or 12 seconds for the total length of the playing video. It will update the current playback position up to that point then the progress bar just stops updating. The video continues to play fine but I can no longer seek using the progress bar. This problem only seems to happen when being played over the network using a remote media library. MC 18 is being run on both the client and server.

Update: Just tested problem 2 above using MC18 as the server and MC17 as the client and the problem still happens. So it seems to be a problem with the file being served to the client.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 01:50:22 am »

"7. NEW: Parametric Equalizer can address channels 9 through 16."

That's a feature I can use. Thanks.
Will we be able to save a DSP setting preset for a particular audio or video file or particle someday?

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 01:54:56 am »

Thanks for the release. I managed to install it OK although it does have a little pause while unpacking the file, which JRMC17 did not. Migration of my album catalogue was smooth with all assigned cover art being available in the new version.

I only use the software for audio replay of FLAC files through a DAC but it seems to be working fine. I will keep it on play throughout the day to test it further. While this is an early build, I will retain my installation of JRMC17 as a precaution.

One question ... I did not have to enter my serial number for JRMC18 on install. When I check in JRMC18, it confirmed that the software is licensed to me. Will I have to change to my new serial number at some point?

Good luck with the new version guys ... I'm sure it will be another success

apgood

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Media Center 18.0.45 -- Available Here
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 04:12:24 am »

Media keys (stop and pause/play) on my logitech Di novo mini don't work in this version but work fine in mc 17 v186.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 05:05:32 am »

An odd issue - starting MC18 - and clicking on any of my playlists - causes the Asus AI suite program to start.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:44 am »

Syncing to Samsung Galaxy S3 has the same issues as in  17.0.184 / 185 reported in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74195.0.  Multiple entries of <unknown> in artist & album views.  Not sure if this is covered under the fix listed in 18.0.40
(18.0.40 (9/7/2012)

1. Fixed: MTP syncs to handheld devices (i.e. Android phones) were failing.)

I do like the ability to convert 8 tracks at once. :)

Cheers,

Steve

Monteverdi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:48 am »

Hi Matt,

I have just successfully installed MC 18 and tried to play DSD files. I attempted to set bitstreaming in Audio to DSD DoP but could not save the settings. Please help. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 08:47:30 am »

One question ... I did not have to enter my serial number for JRMC18 on install. When I check in JRMC18, it confirmed that the software is licensed to me. Will I have to change to my new serial number at some point?

Early versions of MC18 will work with an MC17 license.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 11:52:52 am »

MC18 crashes on performing searches in options window and on exit.

ging

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »

Just about everything is working well with 18.0.45 but I'm confused with how I scan TV channels, there's no option to perform a scan that I can find?

adameveve

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:11 pm »

Hi Matt,

Again it is still Not possible to Play Youtube Videos in j.river Mc. The Videos opens in Browser with nö Option to Guide the Music through j.river.
The same problem you solved shortly on mc17.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 02:34:34 pm »

Is there an errata page, or could you post one?  I'l love to try MC18 but there are some things that I need working.  If those are known to work, then I'll try MC 18 and "play" with the new features, but if there is something known to be broken that I need, then I'll wait until that is fixed. 
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »

Again it is still Not possible to Play Youtube Videos in j.river Mc. The Videos opens in Browser with nö Option to Guide the Music through j.river.
The same problem you solved shortly on mc17.

It's working here.

You might try different settings in Options > Services > YouTube.

Also, make sure the same video is playable in your browser.

Please start a new thread if the problem persists.

Thanks.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 03:39:25 pm »

When converting FLAC file to mp3 using MC18, MC reports failed conversions.

This is happening repeatedly and on several different folders of flac's on several separate attempts.
File that were eventually converted successfully after several tries show the mp3's as bad using AudioTester (lost sync errors).

The FLAC files show no errors detected by AudioTester.

These same FLAC files can be successfully converted using dbPowerAmp Music Converter, and the resulting mp3's show no errors detected by AudioTester.

MC17 will also convert these same FLAC files sucessfully with no errors detected by AudioTester.

Seems to be an MC18 only issue.

. . . the game is rigged

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »

3. Fixed: In-place editing in the panes was not working.
4. Changed: Renaming an existing value in a list field that doesn't use list editing (like Artist) would replace the entire list instead of renaming only the single value.

Thank you :)

ram99999

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 05:23:49 pm »

Media Center 18.0.45 having a problem in the arabic language when trying to play or drag a song with arabic title............plz try to fix it
as well as it is unstable (always crushed) as you said......................many thanks sir

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »

MC18 crashes on performing searches in options window and on exit.

After playing around with nearly all options, researching the logs for any hint, and an uncountable number of crashes it now works fluid after the first time using playdoctor and the radio buttons.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:34 pm »

Salut !

There is a bug in this process :

Playlists => Customize view => Load a view => MC18 crashes

Thanks for fixing that.

Merci

Jean-Marc

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

I just installed MC 18 and have only 1 day left on my trial. I've been a user since 13, and just wondering if this has happened to any one else. I still haven't got to try the Live TV Streaming, yet. and am rather fond of J River and would like to try this out for a week or two (Till i get paid :) ). is it gonna stop working tomorrow? I have evidently used all my reg's for MC17 this year (I format alot). I'm pretty sure u guys renew the license in the beta builds each build (??), but that might not be tomorrow. I am installing on a J River free installation of windows 7 x64, and my clock is OK....

locust

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 06:52:34 am »

Don't know if this is a bug but when I installed MC18. It loaded my library automatically, none of the special characters I use in my expressions such as the Star symbol were not carried over. They were replaced by the rectangle symbol. (All the fonts are the same (Segoe UI Symbol))

This makes it a bit of a pain switching over. I'll try importing my library manually later to see if that helps (I hope because it'll be a pain trying to find them all to change them.)

This would be better fixed soon I believe to give users a more fluid transition to MC18

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 09:29:52 am »

When I navigate in the panes in a pane view using the arrow keys, the left and right key don't function accorcingly but rather as up/down.

audioriver

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 11:40:37 am »

Thanks a lot for the ability to browse for external subtitles.  ;)
Windows 10 Pro x64

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 11:57:08 am »

When I navigate in the panes in a pane view using the arrow keys, the left and right key don't function accorcingly but rather as up/down.

This is intentional, but I can't figure out why.

So I'll switch the keyboard handling from list-style-grid navigation to tree-style navigation for the next build.  Hopefully it won't cause any trouble.

avenger107

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 12:47:38 pm »

I am not able to get .45 running with my default desktop. Every time it starts, it freezes with an error in:  AppVer: 18.0.45.0    ModName: jrimage.dll
ModVer: 18.0.45.0    Offset: 00001f72
I am on WinXP, service pack 3, and a custom theme. In trying my custom themes; it seems to crash on themes that emulates Mac OS styles. Running on windows based themes seemed to be OK.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 01:06:31 pm »

1. MC18 client crashes when I try to add new remote library
2. Video on gizmo is not visible on Galaxy S2.
3. Action Window tagging: mouse over on property name shows value of the tag instead of property name (when property name hasn't got enough room to be shown completely)

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:47 pm »

Installed and seems most things I use are working fine. One big issue: when syncing my Sansa Clip (MTP mode), the top pane of the device "details" view is blank (where in MC17 I see the device icon, buttons for [Sync Now], [Recheck Sync] and [Options], and space available & used). Tried different skins and a reboot, but it is still blank. Uninstalled MC18...for now.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »

I notice the Audio Path indicator always turns blue on hover, and crashed MC twice on hover...
Had a few crashes on hovering the DSP Icon, too.

cinjin

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 11:18:46 pm »

When I select podcast in the tree it goes white and only shows playing now and audio at the top. Selecting either of those brings back the tree. Thanks again for all of your hard work and your customer interaction. Your product has been great since I started using it back in MC10.

Al ex

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 03:52:03 am »

18.0.45 on Windows 7:
Could successfully install, but programm crashes all the time after about 5 seconds "MC 18 doesnt work anymore. Program has to be closed".
Unusable for me at the moment.

wolust1

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 04:15:57 am »

Installed without problems
Installation parfaite importation OK
I used from the beginning .... without major problem.
Product was better and better.µ
Certainly the best one.

Continuez comme cela

Baldy

• Recent member
SACD ISO
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 05:28:33 am »

Everything works fine except one thing. ISO SACD cant be played at all in this version, before i could atleast play most of my iso files but now its just an error saying "something went wrong with playback". If i drag the iso file to "playing now" just one file comes up. But I can import all files from the ISO by browsing inside mediaplayer 18 to the ISO file, but none of the files will play anyway.

I can send the ISO files if needed!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 08:14:21 am »

Closing MC while the options or rename, move, copy dialog is open works (MC closes) using close via taskbar but generates a error message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up