INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC Home Theater HDMI Problems solved  (Read 4528 times)

drhyoung

• Recent member
PC Home Theater HDMI Problems solved
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:29:42 am »

Hi,

I've been fortunate enough to have found several useful tips around the web for getting Video cards and HDMI cables from a PC working, including via an HDMI Matrix swtitch to multiple TVs and sounds, some via a Denon AV Receiver. Time to record in one place what I did to solve all my problems.

My essentials of environment:
Denon AVC-A11XVA Receiver
Hank (chinese) 4x4 Matrix HDMI 1.4a Switch
Panasonic 1080p TV
Samsung 1080p TV
PC with 2 x AMD 7950 Video cards, Windows 8 Pro x64.
JRiver MC17 (of course ! )

Problems (well reported on the web):
1. Switching TV off caused Windows to remove a monitor from the Windows Control Panel - Display config.
    Causes icons to be moved back to default monitor and means that when TV is switched on, nothing displays as expected.
2. Reboot PC causes Windows to re-detect monitors, and if any or both are off, then Display config gets messed up.
3. If Windows is slow in establishing HDMI connections, the JRiver, on "auto-start on logon", can re-arrange sound cards.

Solutions (thanks everyone):
1. Tape/paper over HDMI Pin 16 (power-detect) going into the HDMI socket on the video card (refer picture).
2. Change monitors to "Generic Non-PnP Monitor". You will need to un-check "Show Compatible Hardware".
3. In the Windows Registry delete the text " /Boot" from the "Media Center 17" entry under key
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

It all worked for me.
Good luck.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up