More > Music, Movies, Politics, and Other Cheap Thrills

How to Get that 'Radio Station Sound' with Your Own Music Collection

(1/1)

EJR:
Wow just stumbled on this article
http://www.advisor.com/story/how-get-radio-station-sound-your-own-music-collection

basically its about someone telling you how to use jriver to butcher your music.

--- Quote ---It's obvious that music played on the radio sounds different than when you play the same music from a CD or download. Radio station music is stronger, fuller, more consistent, more powerful. And it flows smoothly (segues) from song to song. The affect can be magical. After first getting to know a song on the radio, it's often disappointing to hear it directly from CD or download; the music feels weak, lethargic, empty.
--- End quote ---

I guess the person that has written this article didn't realize radio was (at least in the beginning) compressed because of the limited bandwidth available for transmission of the radio signals.
I'm amazed at the desire to overly compress your music it sounds to me like getting a a good quality piece of meat like say a nice Rib-eye and then drenching it completely in ketchup. but then again if you don't know what dynamics are you might not miss them. the loudness war already had plenty of odd results. anyone remember the brick walled Metallica album. even Adele her last album seem to miss the air you'd expect in her genre

anyways I had a good laugh reading that article

hulkss:
Let's just say I don't agree with the author of that article before I get in trouble by expressing my true feelings :-X

EJR:
i don't know if there is a saying in English. in my country there is a saying that you can't argue about taste.
that's because in the end taste is just someone's opinion.
that being said it simply surprised me a lot some people like ketchup so much :D
i prefer to taste the meat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version