INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PGS Forced Subtitles not recognised - SOLVED  (Read 2283 times)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
PGS Forced Subtitles not recognised - SOLVED
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:02 am »

As per build
18.0.36 (8/29/2012)

1. NEW: Native AIFF encoder.
2. Fixed: Hulu playback from Theater View was not working properly.
3. Changed: Forced automatic subtitles will be enabled and shown when 'No subtitles' is selected instead of requiring a selection of 'Forced Subtitles (auto)' (the latter selection is now hidden).
4. Fixed: The options control used for customizing DLNA servers was not working fully.
5. Changed: Added support for entering an Access Key on the 'Sync Library' dialog (used to sync from a server to a client).
6. NEW: Added the ability to set a custom filter to the 'Sync Library' so that it's possible to pull just a single album, artist, etc. from the server.
7. Fixed: "To Be Recorded" list for television on LS client was empty when it should not be empty.
8. NEW: Switched to the reference ALAC decoder ( http://alac.macosforge.org/ ).

I have several titles ripped with ClownBD, then subtitle file checked in BDSub2Sub to ensure that the 'forced' captions are set - these are then saved as PGS files and muxed to Bluray folder format using tsmuxer.

'No Subtitles' is the option selected in options, however the behaviour is not as described in the build release notes - currently using 18.0.59

On playback the subs are identified as available - via the OSD - but they are not displayed unless I choose the sub stream from the OSD - subsequent playback identifies and displays the sub stream (only because it retains the setting on subsequent play), but does not correctly playback on initial play.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: PGS Forced Subtitles not recognised
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:35 am »

The forced subs need to be in the first sub stream of your language for this feature to work properly at this time - and every subtitle image needs to be flagged as forced properly, but it sounds like your tool did that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

steelman1991

• World Citizen
Re: PGS Forced Subtitles not recognised - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:27 am »

nev - yes the app sets the captions individually as forced. These are the only subs in the stream. Will have to check whether I have the language set properly. Will get back shortly.

Thanks

EDIT - that was it nev. Hadn't noticed the lack of language identifier on the stream when remuxing. Everything working as expected - forced subs working perfectly, providing I set the language correctly both in the sub stream and JRiver options.

Thanks again for your help - this was driving me cuckoo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up