INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Particle Duration not correct in DB but correct when it plays  (Read 3351 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Particle Duration not correct in DB but correct when it plays
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:43 am »

While setting up my Views, I noticed that the duration listed in the DB for a Particle is for the whole Disc (eg 2:44:24 in the example attached), yet when playing the Particle it is correctly shown as 4:48 for this track.  MC's DB does already contain the correct info for the length of the particle as it is contained in the Playback Range (eg 1:35-6:23).
JRiver CEO Elect

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Particle Duration not correct in DB but correct when it plays
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 07:44:12 am »

I'm not really sure this is a bug.  It shows the entire length because that's what the particle is made from.

Since the duration shows right when you play, it seems like that takes care of it.

Thoughts?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:05 am »

It looks like MrC answered the question I asked earlier this year.  :)

I'm not really sure this is a bug.  It shows the entire length because that's what the particle is made from.
A Particle is a new virtual entry in the database that should have the correct duration of that virtual entry.

Having the Particle duration the actual duration of the Particle is important for Smartlists and Playlists. You can't use a formula in a Smartlist based on duration if it is incorrect. For Playlists, it is very helpful when targeting a certain Playlist duration. For example, I might need a 20 minute Playlist for an event. I usually do this with Particles of songs. You currently can't see the total duration of a Playlist when the Particles don't return the correct info.

Since Particles are also used for individual songs in Blu-ray concerts, the duration should be that of the actual song.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 08:49:59 am »

Alright, I'll buckle.

Next build:
Changed: When creating a particle with a playback range the range will be used to update the duration (instead of keeping the duration the length of the entire clip).

This probably won't catch auto-created particles, but I'm just going to step slowly away for the day :P
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 04:33:07 pm »

Excellent!  Another one down :) 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 04:20:01 am »

.... and only 5 to go :)

== Limitations ==
There are some outstanding limitations/bugs with Particles that are worth noting:
* "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" does not work on Particles  - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75334.0
* Incorrect Filename on Create Particles (sometime) - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81508.0
* Sidecar Files & Particles - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80828.0
* No Subtitles or Languages with DVD Particles - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82343.0
* "Right Click --> Stacks --> Advanced --> Create Particle" action is not added to the "Recent command" list

[[Category: Frequently Asked Questions]]
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up