INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you reset the "Watched Tick" on TV Shows in Theater View?  (Read 27017 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
How do you reset the "Watched Tick" on TV Shows in Theater View?
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:52:23 pm »

I'm trying to selectivly REMOVE the "Watched Tick" from some TV Shows (eg we have not watched them but I checked they would play after importing and they are now all "Ticked" as watched).  I thought there may be a field called "Watched" but the closest I could find was "Number of Plays" and this field is non editable (though I could be going blind).

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

MrHaugen

Re: How do you reset the "Watched Tick" on TV Shows in Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »

You'll need to make an expression library field with "=[Number Plays]"
That will enable you to write new values in the new field, and the Number Plays are automatically updated. Do not ask me why this has been locked down for editing. Because I have no idea. I'm not sure this will remove the Watched mark. We've not been told exactly how that works yet.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »

Thanks MrH, the technique works perfectly but FYI the field to change is not "Number of Plays" but the "Last Played" date (if you remove the value you get "never played")
JRiver CEO Elect

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:53:34 pm »

Right. I did not know what triggered this watched mark. And what decides when to set the last played date? Anyone knows?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:17 pm »

It would be nice to have 'marked as watched, marked as unwatched' options in the right-click menu like iTunes does. 

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 04:06:39 am »

+1

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:12:07 am »

It would be nice to have 'marked as watched, marked as unwatched' options in the right-click menu like iTunes does. 

This.

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 09:50:36 am »

And to add the same options to Theater view would be pretty logical. It would be great not having to go to my workstation and connecting to the server removing or adding watched tags.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 01:23:11 pm »

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 01:32:34 pm »

I'm also not a huge fan of the checkmark that they picked for the watched status, and I'd like to make a custom one (maybe a half-filled circle for partial watches, and a full circle for full watches, or something).

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrHaugen

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »

I would like an open, half open and closed eye :) It's so much more logical. Everyone immediately know what it means. I do not think there's any way to do that though.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »

I would like an animated rolling film icon for partially watched and one that is stationary for fully watched. It's so much more logical. Everyone immediately know what it means. I do not think there's any way to do that though. ;) ;D.

MrHaugen

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 06:33:28 pm »

Back to the question. Anyone know how exactly the watched status is set? Is it only based on Last watched date or some sort of combination with bookmarks?

maid

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 12:58:32 am »

Is there a way to use these watched ticks to hide shows?

As now we use tags to mark what we have watched, it would be great if we could automate this with a rule.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

NickF

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 02:05:01 am »

Back to the question. Anyone know how exactly the watched status is set? Is it only based on Last watched date or some sort of combination with bookmarks?
I have seen this discussed before but can't remember exact details.  I think "Watched" gets triggered at about 93% watched.  TVInfo(WatchedDisplay) includes % watched.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »

Not to revive an old thread, but...

I have been working on cleaning up my library, generating new views and with past re-installs, testing new files,  I have not been able to accurately save and reset watched flags.

I would like to +1 this request as well.

I have been thinking about using the ratings systems to use as a watch flag, ie, if 1 star, then watched, otherwise not watched, but i am not sure how to rate a video while in theater view, plus i was also getting inconsistent results in standard review correctly returning watched based on a star rating, some would return as expected, others would still be blank. Any suggestions?

Seems like a strange workaround for a standard feature on so many other programs and based on user feedback, I am surprised it is not being considered.

TIA,

AL

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »

I have reverse problem..  most of my movies / shows say "never watched" or "number of plays" is blank.  I would like to mark them as watched..
Any solution???

MrHaugen

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 03:38:19 am »

You'll need to do it manually with an expression field. Add a library field with this expression "=[Number Plays]" (or an expression column perhaps). Then you update the new expression field with 1 for every movie or episode you've watched. The Number Plays and watched indicator should be updated.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:38 am »

I've not worked out what combinations of fields are needed to reliably change this however.  I can remove the tick using "=LastPlayed" and remove the value but if you try to enter a date or value you get "1/01/1920 11:00AM" and this does not mark the video with the Watched Tick.

It would make more sense to have a right click --> "mark as watched" / "mark as unwatched"
JRiver CEO Elect

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 05:03:39 am »

It would make more sense to have a right click --> "mark as watched" / "mark as unwatched"

+1
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27

locust

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 08:09:40 am »

+1

Another little thing I'd like to see, repeat mode, stop after each item for theatre view only (or video only). I never set this option on mc as it is mainly used for music. But sometimes I watch a tv show at night fall asleep and wake up and all the episodes are ticked.. I've thought about changing the repeat mode before firing up theatre view but I either always forget or forget to change it back. I used to have a button on my remote to change the repeat mode. But is wasn't very useful because in theatre view there was no way of telling which mode mc was in upon pressing the button (the same for my programmed shuffle button)..

Anyway a while back mc somehow forgot all my custom remote commands and I haven't been bothered to reprogram them yet.. The only buttons I have reprogrammed for theatre view are zoom +20% and -20% because I kind of need those. I've only got a small 32" tv, when looking at the tv series I like it to be zoomed out to see quite a few of the different series as I can see the pictures clearly and see many different items like that and it doesn't look good zoomed in, but on an episode level when viewing the descriptions I need it zoomed right in the see the text as I have terrible eyesight (also I don't know if it is me or my tv but when looking at small text from about 4ft there is a ghosting effect on small text which makes it really difficult to read, it is like double vision. I assume it is me because of my eyesight. It is an LCD tv, will need to have a look at led or plasmas to see if the same is true.)

I kind of wish there were a way to change the info panel text size without changing the zoom level, because when zoomed right in everything looks garish and you can't fit much on the screen. But when zoomed out everything looks perfect apart from the readability of text. These zoom buttons do help, although a little bit of a hinderance always having to press buttons zoom in and out to get the experience I'm after..

Sorry for going ot lol just seemed relevant for me

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:41:15 am »

You'll need to do it manually with an expression field. Add a library field with this expression "=[Number Plays]" (or an expression column perhaps). Then you update the new expression field with 1 for every movie or episode you've watched. The Number Plays and watched indicator should be updated.

NO Luck,  When I updated the custom library field (containing the expression) with 1's,, It updated my tags, but did not update number of plays..ect   

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »

MrC

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 11:47:32 am »

Right.  The leading = character is used to manually assign the output from an expression to a field.  It is not used otherwise.

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:01 pm »

I'm finally getting around to ripping/watching my old TV shows to MKV files, and I ran into the same problem that a lot of you probably have - the "watched" marker is unreliable and ugly.

Well, I've found a solution that at least meets my needs:

Code: [Select]
listitem(;left(watched(0),3);if(isrange(left(watched(0),2),50-95),left(watched(0),3),✔), watched(1), ;)
This expression will give you a column that marks played episodes with a nicer looking check mark, displays your progress watched for anything you have only seen part of, and is blank for unwatched episodes.

The problem with the watched(2) check mark is that it will be displayed as soon as the progress goes above 50%, because that's when the "Number Plays" field is increased. This expression ignores the "Number Plays" field from 50-95% and continues to display the current progress instead. (and you can change that if 50-95% doesn't work for you)

I had initially tried using to indicate progress, but it seems that MC18 doesn't like those characters as they are not displayed correctly, and I haven't found any other full/half/empty characters that are large enough, and of equal size. I also found that I actually preferred to see the progress as a percentage anyway.

If you want to display something else with the expression, you can change:

listitem(A;B;if(isrange(left(watched(0),2),50-95),C,D), watched(1), ;)

A: Character/expression displayed when the file is unplayed
B: Character/expression displayed when the file has been partially played with no play count (below 50%)
C: Character/expression displayed when the file is marked as being played, and is in the range of 50-95% watched
D: Character/expression displayed when the file has been watched and is above 95% played

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 12:14:47 am »

+1
Something as basic as this we really shouldn't need to dig into expressions. 
(I want my wife to update our library by flagging movies that we watched but do not indicate they have been watched. (mainly because of re-imports or re-rips)
I really think this should be a Right Click--> Flag as watched/unwatched check.

Cheers!

MrC

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

In a beta (closed) thread, I showed how to do some percentages:

Quote from: MrC
ifelse(
   regex(Watched(0), /#^(\d+)% on#/),
   mid(~⅛¼⅜½⅝¾⅞√, formatnumber(math(val=(.08 * [R1]);val-(val%1)),0), 1)
)

I used a truncation method (vs. rounding).  Its not quite right, but you might have some ideas from this.  Ideally it would trigger the Checkmark when above a threshold, but I've skipped that for now.

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 01:08:01 pm »

In a beta (closed) thread, I showed how to do some percentages:
Is there a reason to avoid using the percentages that left(watched(0),3) gives you? (I am careful to only use them when they contain percentages and not just a date)

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 01:13:23 pm »

ifelse(
   regex(Watched(0), /#^(\d+)% on#/),
   mid(~⅛¼⅜½⅝¾⅞√, formatnumber(math(val=(.08 * [R1]);val-(val%1)),0), 1)
)

Yeah.. wifey ain't gonna be able to help mark movies watched...

MrC

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »

Is there a reason to avoid using the percentages that left(watched(0),3) gives you? (I am careful to only use them when they contain percentages and not just a date)

The purpose of the expression was to support those folks that desired an auto-generated, single-character solution.  By all means, use the whatever works best for your purposes.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »

Nothing mentioned above is working for me. I can not remove the "checkmark" next to the episode description for my TV sto indicate not watched. I suspect something has changed this this posting was made.
I am able to set Last Played to "never" and clear "Number Plays" but this does not remove the checkmark. Has anyone tried this recently?

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 01:12:50 pm »

I think that's happening because you still have bookmarks in the files. (i.e. a point the video will resume from when you hit play)

I think this expression ended up being the one which displayed the correct status under all conditions:

Code: [Select]
ifelse(isequal(watched(1), 2),
   regex(Watched(0), /#(\d+)%#/, -1)/
   if(isrange([R1], 5-95), [R1]%, ✔))

You will probably want to clear the bookmarks as well though, so that it starts at the beginning of the file.

This would be another good use for a boolean field, if one were to be added. Then you could just have a checkbox that would clear both the bookmarks and watched status with a single click.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 02:44:27 pm »

I think that's happening because you still have bookmarks in the files. (i.e. a point the video will resume from when you hit play)

You will probably want to clear the bookmarks as well though, so that it starts at the beginning of the file.

This would be another good use for a boolean field, if one were to be added. Then you could just have a checkbox that would clear both the bookmarks and watched status with a single click.

Brilliant! That was all I needed to know. Added New Column with the field "Bookmark", to see the data, then selected the data and cleared. All checkmarks are gone.

For anyone else that finds this thread in a search: You need to clear the data in "[Number Plays]" and the data in the field "Bookmarks" to remove the "watched check mark". Data in "Last Played" doesn't matter.

Z0001

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:47 am »

So I have made my own library fields that use expressions that work of number of plays for iso and off bookmarks for mkv files and this allows me to filter watched, watching, and not watched in theatre view. So for me the MC tick is redundant. How do I disable it? Presumably there must be a setting in theatre view options? I don't want to reset bookmarks or number of plays.

Thanks

CountryBumkin

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 04:48:21 am »

If you want to permanently remove the "Watched Checkmark" go to Tools>Options>Theater View: Customize File Info Panel,

Go to the Template where you want to delete the Watched feature (i.e. Movies, TV Shows, etc.), Click on Manage. Click on Edit Template,
delete the part "Delimit (Watched (2),,/)"  leave the rest of the expression.
So if it says Caption: "[Name]Delimit (Watched(2),,/)" you end up with just Caption: "[Name]"

Z0001

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:51 am »

That's cool, thanks

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 10:41:16 am »

Just to add my view...

Some things I have watched before they were added to JRiver's library and some I watch on other devices.

So I created a v.playedother and v.played

v.played checks to see if it was played in JRiver or if v.playedother is set to 1.
v.playedother can then be set by the user to update the played state of files that have been watched elsewhere.

In theatre view I use v.played to dim those entries. In fact on one TV Show view I have it as a selection option, so that only unwatched iteam show up. So either previously watched episodes do not show up, or if they do, they are dimmed.

What would be great, is within a season, for the cursor in Theatre View to jump to the first unwatched item :-)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 11:30:56 am »

That sounds like a nice feature. Can you provide some detailed steps oin how to create and setup the v.played and v.playedother

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 07:32:25 am »

no problem will have to do from home though.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:34 am »

What I need is a keyboard shortcut that can toggle the watch state. I have just imported thousands of films and shows from XBMC and have lost the watched-state in the process. Surely there must be a way to bring this up to date easily (i.e. with high WAF).

MrHaugen

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 07:22:37 am »

I don't think there is.

The easies is to create an expression column or a field with an expression with this value. "=Number Plays". And then enter 1 for all items previously watched in the new column or field.
It should be heck of a lot easier to do though. A right click option in Standard View and a skin option so we could add it as a roller item in Theater View.

There's several needs for improvement here imo. The watched state are far to unreliable as well. Watching half way through a show or a movie does not equal you watching the whole thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up