INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA server downsampling flacs  (Read 1835 times)

special.fx

DLNA server downsampling flacs
« on: November 09, 2012, 02:31:50 pm »

Hi, i'm new here, i've been looking at the forums for a while, though i never got to make a account until now.

I have both media center 17 and 18 installed (and paid for), and i'm playing all my music through a streamer (pioneer n-50). In the DLNA options, i use the settings '' Convert unsupported formats'' and the encoder as ''uncompressed'' . Everything works fine until i decide to play some of the few 24bit flacs or ape that i have, because then the media server downsamples those tracks to 16bit, so on my streamer i see 192/16, rather than 192/24.

Btw my dac supports 192/32, so the real issue is the server, does anyone have a clue what i should do ??

I've tried to use the ''never convert'' option, though it fixes the issue above, my dac doesn't support some formats, which is why i need this to work, thanks in advance!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dlna server downsampling flacs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 03:25:55 pm »

Hi, i'm new here, i've been looking at the forums for a while, though i never got to make a account until now.

I have both media center 17 and 18 installed (and paid for), and i'm playing all my music through a streamer (pioneer n-50). In the dnla options, i use the settings '' Convert unsupported formats'' and the encoder as ''uncompressed'' . Everything works fine until i decide to play some of the few 24bit flacs or ape that i have, because then the media server downsamples those tracks to 16bit, so on my streamer i see 192/16, rather than 192/24.

Btw my dac supports 192/32, so the real issue is the server, does anyone have a clue what i should do ??

I've tried to use the ''never convert'' option, though it fixes the issue above, my dac doesn't support some formats, which is why i need this to work, thanks in advance!
Try using the uncompressed 24 bit setting.

special.fx

Re: DLNA server downsampling flacs
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

I did, but this upsamples everything to 24bit. isn't there a way for MC to just transcode to wav without changing the bit depth?

pcstockton

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »

convert the files your DAC doesn't handle to a format it does.  Then use "never convert" setting.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

special.fx

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:55:42 pm »

Thanks for the replies! I'll try that!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:01:22 pm »

I did, but this upsamples everything to 24bit. isn't there a way for MC to just transcode to wav without changing the bit depth?
Going from 16 to 24 bits you are just adding a byte of 0 to the end of the 16 bits. I don't see how that's significant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up