INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.74 -- Available Here  (Read 18809 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.74 -- Available Here
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:00:35 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180074.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.74 (11/14/2012)

1. Changed: When manually selecting files from several albums (or other list groupings) and then doing an 'Export Playlist', only files from the first album would get exported instead of all files.
2. Changed: Revised the 'Export Playlist' dialog to use the latest JRiver user interface libraries.
3. Faster: String escapement used for building XML is much faster (used in many places in the program).
4. Changed: Improved the 'Resize Images' tool (can optionally output a copy instead of overwrite, supports output as PNG, etc.).
5. SDK: Skins can customize dialog / wizard header colors[ by adding a <DialogHeader> block to the skin XML and setting the TextColor and BackgroundColor (and defaults to edit colors instead of white / black).
6. NEW: USB-UIRT remote control transceiver now supported for IR blasting as well as IR receiving.
7. Changed: Revised the Party Mode and Access Control password dialogs.
8. Fixed: Older ATL-based interface plug-ins like Sleep Timer could crash.
9. Changed: Switched the old tune TV dialog that was a number pad to instead show Theater View's television guide (triggered by shortcut F7).

18.0.73 (11/13/2012)

1. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium 21.0.1180.91 (browser engine selectable in Options > Tree & View).
2. Changed: Updated Windows SDK to 8.0 (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
3. Changed: Updated LAV filters to 0.53.2.  Fixes some DVD issues with Red October HQ.
4. Fixed: Using the Sort > Custom view header menu could lead to a crash.
5. Fixed: When deleting a TV recording from a client, in some cases it could incorrectly reappear.

18.0.72 (11/9/2012)

1. Faster: Toolbars are a little more efficient with regards to how they track which buttons should be enabled and disabled.
2. Faster:  Switched core audio engine bitdepth conversion code to use SSE when possible.
3. Faster:  DST decompression (used by SACD and DFF files) uses 4 threads for decoding instead of running single-threaded.
4. Fixed: Streaming Live TV to LS clients did not work for analog tuner/capture devices.
5. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
6. Faster:  Theater View 3d lists are more efficient.
7. Faster:  Creation of fonts that target an ideal size is much faster and more efficient (makes loading Theater View faster, etc.)
8. Changed: Updated Smartlist import / export dialog, import summary dialog, the clear library confirmation dialog, and add virtual handheld dialog to use latest JRiver user interface libraries.
9. Changed: When exporting a smartlist to a file, UTF-8 encoding is used (import should support any format).
11. Changed: Updated the player area text customization dialog (now uses standard expression editors, and exposes all the available special variables in the menu).
12. Changed: A drive exposed via WMDM will not appear as a handheld if it's larger than 300GB.
13. Changed: Removed 'Download more encoders...' button from Options > Encoding (all JRiver encoders are included with the program).
14. Changed: Moved interface plug-in management to Options > Services.
15. Changed: Move the 'Add Plug-in' button of Plug-in Manager to Options > General > Advanced > Add plug-in from file... (only really useful when developing a plugin).
16. Changed: Removed Plug-in Manager.

Experimental testing build not released to the public.

18.0.70 (11/6/2012)

1. Fixed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could (still) appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
2. Fixed: Volume hotkeys (remote or keyboard) were running the system volume instead of the Media Center volume (which might be set to 'Internal Volume', etc.) on Windows 8.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .53.  Many fixes and changes, especially in DVD playback.
5. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.84.7 when using Red October HQ.
6. Changed: DVD playback in Red October HQ mode now uses LAV video decoding and madVR rendering.  Previously it used the Microsoft decoder and EVR.

18.0.69 (11/5/2012)

1. Changed: The expression TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) only prepends the word "Season " to numeric season values, so using a word like "Specials" won't end up as "Season Specials".
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Configuring Convolution before audio playback had begun could lead to a crash.
4. Changed: When switching to Display View or Theater View from server mode, Standard View will first be shown and its position validated (this should be invisible to the user, but may fix rare video playback issues).
5. Fixed: 32-bit integer output was not working properly with Kernel Streaming or WASAPI output.
6. Changed: Added variable [AllSameArtist] that can be used in a Theater View caption expression.
7. Changed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
8. Changed: Language names for the on screen display are built using the ITrackInfo interface of LAV so that they work better across different videos.
9. Changed: In DVB television playback, if video PID is zero MC will not play the channel in time-shifting mode.
10. Changed: Blu-ray title selection from the OSD shows the duration of each title and doesn't switch titles until 'Enter' is pressed.

18.0.68 (11/1/2012)

1. Changed: The keyboard / remote volume keys would not work even when Media Center had the focus on Windows 7 + Intellitype or Windows 8 (seems like a Microsoft bug with a surprising workaround, so feedback appreciated).
2. Fixed: The memory playback option could cause troubles when playing a SACD.
3. Faster: Improved the performance of DST decompression (used with DSD files).
4. Fixed: MP4 files (including ALAC) created in MC were not properly tagged, resulting in some applications not being able to read the tags.
5. Changed: When starting playback of a saved Playchart, the program plays in Play Doctor mode.
6. Changed: When playing a playlist that contained random results (Playchart or smartlist) from Theater View, the same list could play each time unless you navigated to a different view to force a refresh.
7. Changed: Added the expression TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) to output 'Season 1', 'Season 2', etc.
8. Changed: Season artwork will be used when a category is based on TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) (if you reset your Theater View views in the last couple builds, please do so again).
9. NEW: When manually doing a bulk lookup of TV or movie metadata, the process runs in a background thread and shows progress in the Action Window (instead of blocking the main program).
10. NEW: When manually doing a bulk lookup of TV or movie metadata, control is offered for whether it should get images, metadata, and/or replace existing values.
11. Fixed: Bluray and DVD logos were not appearing in the bottom right corner of Theater View flow views when connected to a library server.
12. Fixed: In certain cases, Convolution would not engage properly when configuring it for the first time ever.
13. NEW: Convolution optionally searches for the best match configuration file based on the input format and uses it if a better match is found.
14. NEW: The OSD shows format information below languages.

18.0.67 (10/31/2012)

1. Changed: Revised the default 'Series' view in Theater View so that shows without a series name use the program name (instead of all being lumped into an 'Unassigned' bucket).
2. Fixed: An empty expression could display as an error (only applies to the last few builds).
3. NEW: Added support for 'Sony Pictures Digital Wave 64' (.w64) audio format.
4. Fixed: Removed "Recently Watched" category from Netflix since it's not available from their API anymore.

18.0.66 (10/30/2012)

1. Changed: Formatting of the short date format (used in Theater View and elsewhere) respects the year, month, day order system setting.
2. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file.  Thanks kelijun.
3. Changed: Improved the file info template that's shown for a Netflix TV series in Theater View.
4. Fixed: The custom star character introduced in build 65 could draw with a circle around it.
5. Changed: Video playback from a URL works better with filters like LAV that read, seek back, seek forward, and read again (so really aren't seeking at all).
6. Fixed: Serving from a UNC / mapped drive could fail if the drive needed a mount (like right after a reboot).
7. Fixed: Remote zones could cause shutdown of Media Center to be slower than necessary.
8. Changed: Playback of Blu-ray with Library Server would take around 20 seconds before showing the error 'Blu-ray playback over Library Server is not supported' (it still isn't supported, but now the error shows right away).
9. Fixed: In cases where LAV could not return the position or duration (like during some URL playback), position or duration values in the player bar could show unexpected values.
10. Changed: When skipping navigation levels that only contain one choice in Theater View, the title at the top shows the text of the item you picked instead of the text of the skipped item.
11. Changed: Revised default Theater View views for television (merged 'Series' and 'Season' views, use 'Season 3' instead of '3' at the season level, sorting is by season, episode, etc.).
12. Fixed: Theater View could show '0 minutes' for short videos instead of something like '15 seconds'.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.74 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:54 am »

My playing now is working again with .74. Thanks ;D
Thanks!

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:31:34 am »

8. Fixed: Older ATL-based interface plug-ins like Sleep Timer could crash.

I cannot test if this is fixed as I am unable to open the Plug-In Manager in this build, so unable to re-activate the Sleep Timer which had caused the crash in the previous build.

So new bug . . . no Plug-In Manager (as well as the still missing Skin Manager)
. . . the game is rigged

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:57:27 pm »

MC started crashing with the latest build, seemingly randomly when its in the background playing music.

Log attached.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:07:20 pm »

Any new devices connected?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »

MC started crashing with the latest build, seemingly randomly when its in the background playing music.

Log attached.

Could you get another log?  It should have both a current and previous log in the ZIP file the program creates.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:40 pm »

Any new devices connected?

No, nothing is or has been connected since the update.

I synced my ipod classic last sunday. It hadn't been connected to my pc for about 6 months.

Could you get another log?  It should have both a current and previous log in the ZIP file the program creates.

Thanks.

Yes of course. I reset it after creating the log and it's running so when it crashes again I'll get it.

hishamzr

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:24:53 pm »

1. When play films via Hulu with subtitles,  I don't get the subtitles, and in the context menu->Subtitles there is n/a. when playing in Hulu website I get the subtitles.

An example film with subtitle problem:

May Love Be Restored (1980)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/196880

Please check this problem, this is the third time I post it and still I have the problem.

Hisham

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 01:39:39 pm »

1. When play films via Hulu with subtitles,  I don't get the subtitles, and in the context menu->Subtitles there is n/a. when playing in Hulu website I get the subtitles.

Sorry, but subtitles that are not burned into the video are not supported with Hulu.

This is unlikely to change for v18.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.74 -- Available Here
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 02:09:47 pm »

when subtitles were last on in a movie, they are on in gizmo.  is this reasonable? maybe.  but when you skip forward in movie, subtitles do not, they stay an hour behind. thanks

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »

New crashlog.

This time I was watching a couple of fotos and flipping through them with the arrow keys while music was playing. It didn't crash while being left alone in the background.

Thanks.

stewart_pk

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

Using a mouse wheel on the volume slider does not constantly show the volume level.
You have to move the mouse cursor at least a little bit to see the new volume value.
Version 17 did not have this problem.

maid

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:59:51 pm »

Is this a stable version? Auto update not working
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 11:34:29 pm »

Is this a stable version? Auto update not working

Stable.. Well unless there is something that is not supported in the version you are using, or you are having problems with your current version, I would say "if it is not broke don't fix it". That being said, I like to tinker and enjoy the new releases.

As far as stability, I find it as stable as the next. ;)

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:16 am »

when subtitles were last on in a movie, they are on in gizmo.

Stream and subtitle selection in Gizmo and DLNA will follow the same rules as playback in the program.

You can configure defaults in Options > Video, or play in Media Center and configure.

For the subtitle lag problem, could you start a new thread and provide some more details and/or a sample?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 09:48:00 am »

Using a mouse wheel on the volume slider does not constantly show the volume level.
You have to move the mouse cursor at least a little bit to see the new volume value.
Version 17 did not have this problem.

Do you mean in the playerbar text area on the second line, or in the tooltip?

EDIT:

If you mean the tooltip, this will be in a coming build:
Fixed: The tooltip on the volume slider would not update while mouse-wheeling to show the new volume.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »

Still not solved : when audio files are on a Windows r2008 server and are imported into local library upon loss of connection (either local pc sleep /wakeup, or server reboot) MC hangs trying to find file as soon as you try to play one. Same for video.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 03:54:03 pm »

Still not solved : when audio files are on a Windows r2008 server and are imported into local library upon loss of connection (either local pc sleep /wakeup, or server reboot) MC hangs trying to find file as soon as you try to play one. Same for video.

Windows can be really slow to resolve an unavailable UNC path.  We cache the result, but you might need to wait a minute.

Type \\Server (replace with the real name) in the Windows run box to test what I'm saying.

Please start a thread if you'd like to discuss more.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 04:37:21 am »

Hi!

When a file (*.dsf) is moved to a new folder, "Number plays" become empty ...

Bug ?

Please fix it ...

Jean-Marc

(excuse me for my very bad english !)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 07:01:40 am »

When a file (*.dsf) is moved to a new folder, "Number plays" become empty ...

Move it inside MC.  Use Explorer under Devices.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 11:53:32 am »

Just paid for upgrade to MC18 after extended trial.

Restored most recent version of MC17 llibrary to MC18 since changes had been made to my NAS file structure.

My Thumbnails location has been overwritten; was 2.36GB no it's 23mb.

Not the end of the world, but this seems like an ongoing issue for the last 5 years. I always end up losing my thumbnails at some point.

Have you considered just offering an option on the backup to include the thumbnail cache?

I don't care if it is >1GB. I usually back it up seperately, but it seems I was careless as of late.

daveg

• World Citizen
Mini Playing now not showing
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 03:42:10 pm »

Think this version has broken the mini playing now. When I click a file (audio or video) it starts to play, but I have to click the PLAYING NOW tab to view it. The small window that used to appear under the "action window" does not appear anymore.

stewart_pk

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »

Do you mean in the playerbar text area on the second line, or in the tooltip?

EDIT:

If you mean the tooltip, this will be in a coming build:
Fixed: The tooltip on the volume slider would not update while mouse-wheeling to show the new volume.

Sounds like you've fixed the bug, thanks.

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 01:54:41 pm »

Got a problem or so with 18.0.74.

My library has labeled one music file in Chinese??? By that I mean it will not show this one file in English...It plays it fine.

I downloaded a new folder from HD tracks...It is in my HD Tracks folder BUT, I cannot seem to import it??

I get the following warning "The file could not be found. Check that the file name in the Library matches the file name on the disk"....which is gibberish, of course

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 03:24:38 pm »

When the window of "Tools/Options" is maximized, clicking on any item doesn't have an effect.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 06:22:24 am »

Since MC 18 there is a skinning issue. MC doesn't honor a separate set action window background color. It instead uses the main list background color. Can this be changed again or is this intended? It's a huge limitation for some skin(ner)s.

It's reported here and there.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:54 am »

When the window of "Tools/Options" is maximized, clicking on any item doesn't have an effect.
Same for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up