INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.78 -- Available Here  (Read 17859 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.78 -- Available Here
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:02:36 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180078.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.78 (11/19/2012)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when switching tracks.
2. Fixed: Remove Tags did not work for mp4 files.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese Language file.  Thanks kelijun.
4. Fixed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could (still) appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
5. Fixed: When using the Chromium web browser engine, clicking a link that received special handling like a download from YouTube could result in an error page being shown.
6. Fixed: The mouse wheel was not working in Theater View with the last few builds.
7. Changed: The Podcast episode tag customization system uses the regular expression engine and expression editing control instead of using a special Podcast-only language.
8. Fixed: Maximizing options could cause clicking in the list to stop working.
9. Changed: Merged the audio CD burning effects options into the main CD burning options page (previously it was a separate popup).

18.0.77 (11/16/2012)

1. Fixed: Podcast webpage views were not working nicely with glass-based skins.
2. Fixed: The tooltip on the volume slider would not update while mouse-wheeling to show the new volume.
3. Fixed: If a panes view used the default sorting, right-click and double-click on a pane value could use files in a random order (instead of respecting the default sorting).
4. Fixed: ALAC mp4 files created in MC did not work in iPods because iPods do not support the newer MPEG-4 standard.
5. Fixed: Typed navigation in the panes could behave incorrectly if a pane item got selected that was particularly slow to evaluate.
6. Fixed: Using Party Mode with no password was not working properly.

18.0.76 (11/16/2012)

Experimental testing build not released to the public.

18.0.75 (11/15/2012)

1. Changed: Updated the user interface of the task creation / editing of the scheduler.
2. Changed: Updated Pix01 options and login user interface (and fixed a couple bugs).
3. Changed: Updated the 'Manage External Tools' dialog in the Send To (external) menu (now allows ordering).
4. Changed: Removed MFC from Theater View window (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: Tuned the animation used in Theater View to look and work better with a touch screen (in particular, drag and flick scrolling looks more natural and the selection bubble won't separate from the list).
6. Fixed: Main menu shortcuts like alt+f, etc. were not working properly.
7. Changed: In live TV for clients, if a client requests a channel change (of the same channel type), and the tuner on the server is serving that client alone, the channel change will be directly honored without having to load a new tuner.
8. Fixed: Switching between the Podcast root and Podcast home views could lead to problems.
9. Changed: Updated Facebook upload user interface (and fixed a few issues).
10. Changed: Facebook upload uses 1080p as the maximum size.
11. Changed: When uploading images to Facebook, login will only be required for the first uplooad.

18.0.74 (11/14/2012)

1. Changed: When manually selecting files from several albums (or other list groupings) and then doing an 'Export Playlist', only files from the first album would get exported instead of all files.
2. Changed: Revised the 'Export Playlist' dialog to use the latest JRiver user interface libraries.
3. Faster: String escapement used for building XML is much faster (used in many places in the program).
4. Changed: Improved the 'Resize Images' tool (can optionally output a copy instead of overwrite, supports output as PNG, etc.).
5. SDK: Skins can customize dialog / wizard header colors[ by adding a <DialogHeader> block to the skin XML and setting the TextColor and BackgroundColor (and defaults to edit colors instead of white / black).
6. NEW: USB-UIRT remote control transceiver now supported for IR blasting as well as IR receiving.
7. Changed: Revised the Party Mode and Access Control password dialogs.
8. Fixed: Older ATL-based interface plug-ins like Sleep Timer could crash.
9. Changed: Switched the old tune TV dialog that was a number pad to instead show Theater View's television guide (triggered by shortcut F7).

18.0.73 (11/13/2012)

1. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium 21.0.1180.91 (browser engine selectable in Options > Tree & View).
2. Changed: Updated Windows SDK to 8.0 (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
3. Changed: Updated LAV filters to 0.53.2.  Fixes some DVD issues with Red October HQ.
4. Fixed: Using the Sort > Custom view header menu could lead to a crash.
5. Fixed: When deleting a TV recording from a client, in some cases it could incorrectly reappear.

18.0.72 (11/9/2012)

1. Faster: Toolbars are a little more efficient with regards to how they track which buttons should be enabled and disabled.
2. Faster:  Switched core audio engine bitdepth conversion code to use SSE when possible.
3. Faster:  DST decompression (used by SACD and DFF files) uses 4 threads for decoding instead of running single-threaded.
4. Fixed: Streaming Live TV to LS clients did not work for analog tuner/capture devices.
5. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
6. Faster:  Theater View 3d lists are more efficient.
7. Faster:  Creation of fonts that target an ideal size is much faster and more efficient (makes loading Theater View faster, etc.)
8. Changed: Updated Smartlist import / export dialog, import summary dialog, the clear library confirmation dialog, and add virtual handheld dialog to use latest JRiver user interface libraries.
9. Changed: When exporting a smartlist to a file, UTF-8 encoding is used (import should support any format).
11. Changed: Updated the player area text customization dialog (now uses standard expression editors, and exposes all the available special variables in the menu).
12. Changed: A drive exposed via WMDM will not appear as a handheld if it's larger than 300GB.
13. Changed: Removed 'Download more encoders...' button from Options > Encoding (all JRiver encoders are included with the program).
14. Changed: Moved interface plug-in management to Options > Services.
15. Changed: Move the 'Add Plug-in' button of Plug-in Manager to Options > General > Advanced > Add plug-in from file... (only really useful when developing a plugin).
16. Changed: Removed Plug-in Manager.

Experimental testing build not released to the public.

18.0.70 (11/6/2012)

1. Fixed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could (still) appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
2. Fixed: Volume hotkeys (remote or keyboard) were running the system volume instead of the Media Center volume (which might be set to 'Internal Volume', etc.) on Windows 8.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .53.  Many fixes and changes, especially in DVD playback.
5. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.84.7 when using Red October HQ.
6. Changed: DVD playback in Red October HQ mode now uses LAV video decoding and madVR rendering.  Previously it used the Microsoft decoder and EVR.

18.0.69 (11/5/2012)

1. Changed: The expression TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) only prepends the word "Season " to numeric season values, so using a word like "Specials" won't end up as "Season Specials".
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Configuring Convolution before audio playback had begun could lead to a crash.
4. Changed: When switching to Display View or Theater View from server mode, Standard View will first be shown and its position validated (this should be invisible to the user, but may fix rare video playback issues).
5. Fixed: 32-bit integer output was not working properly with Kernel Streaming or WASAPI output.
6. Changed: Added variable [AllSameArtist] that can be used in a Theater View caption expression.
7. Changed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
8. Changed: Language names for the on screen display are built using the ITrackInfo interface of LAV so that they work better across different videos.
9. Changed: In DVB television playback, if video PID is zero MC will not play the channel in time-shifting mode.
10. Changed: Blu-ray title selection from the OSD shows the duration of each title and doesn't switch titles until 'Enter' is pressed.

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.78 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:52 pm »

I've reported trouble with conversion to and from ape in earlier builds, but this time MC crashes when I try to convert a 5.1 flac file to ape.

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:17:45 am »

Since version 18.0.70 I have been unable to update MC. Program downloads new version and attempts to install it then fails and offers to let Microsoft know of the installer failure. This is currently occuring on 5 of my workstations, all running XP and 2 of which are fresh installs to SP3. These are all single core processor based machines, some Intel and some AMD. After failed install program reverts to current build and functions normally. Manual download and install also fails. Stuck on '70' for now  :(

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 06:40:18 pm »

I have been having crash issues with that last two builds.  The music will play for about an hour, then MC will crash.
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

Ashlyn

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 09:33:28 pm »

what about last.fm scrobbler plugin or at least "love" button, it matters...

mcduman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 07:23:33 am »

here is a bug:

i have two dacs  with dedicated ASIO drivers. i uninstalled the first driver, connected the 2nd dac, installed its driver.

1. Under ASIO drivers, the uninstalled driver still shows
2. It is still the default driver

Left me scratching my head for 5 minutes until I could get sound by selecting the new driver. 

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:29:01 am »

I have been having crash issues with that last two builds.  The music will play for about an hour, then MC will crash.

I also experience crashing similar to dees_74. I use JRemote and server only. MC server will stop responding as soon as I press "pause". I need to kill the server process and start it again. After this it it has worked for at least 30-45 minutes. Playback is via Asio to external USB device. I've created logs that is attached to the post. This never occurred up to 18.0.74
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:39 pm »

last.fm scrobbler plugin...

Look here:
Options > Services > Last.fm
and
Player > Play Last.fm Radio...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 11:42:05 pm »

here is a bug:

i have two dacs  with dedicated ASIO drivers. i uninstalled the first driver, connected the 2nd dac, installed its driver.

1. Under ASIO drivers, the uninstalled driver still shows
2. It is still the default driver

Left me scratching my head for 5 minutes until I could get sound by selecting the new driver. 

I think that means the driver didn't uninstall properly.  You might talk to the driver maker. 

I believe this is the registry key they should clean up on uninstall (although I'm going from memory):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wewilli1

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 09:55:37 am »

I would like to report a bug concerning the MadVR on screen display (OSD) statistics.  There was already a discussion on this topic at the link below.  Basically, the OSD can either stick on or off and does not accept the ctrl-j user input to enable and disable the OSD stats.  I have J River running on 4 computers in my house and I found this problem on 2 out of 3 computers I tested (did not test the 4th computer yet).  On the computer that it works correctly, it ALWAYS works correct.  No matter what I did, I could not get the OSD to stick on or off.  The funny thing is that all 3 computers have very similar hardware and software configurations. All 3 computers are running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  I tried very hard to isolate the problem based on hardware differences between the computers but I was unable to figure out a common thread between the 2 computers that have the OSD problem.  I wouldn't have reported this except that I was able to reproduce the problem on 2 totally different computers.  Please let me know if there is any additional data I can collect or things to try to fix the problem.

The following link has more details from various users (including me):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75643.0

laserwolf

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 12:00:05 am »

I am also experiencing crash issues with version 18.0.78. Every time I start Media Center I monitor my RAM & CPU usage which jumps up within a few minutes. Specifically my RAM jumps up from 44 percent to upper 90's usage of 4g memory and my CPU usage jumps up from 2 percent to 44 percent with nothing being played. After the CPU usage jumps up the core temperature rises rapidly above 200 degrees causing computer to shut off because of over temp protection. These issues only occur when Media Center is running and cease immediately when I close Media Center. The end result is I can no longer use Media Center for more than a couple of minutes which is unacceptable. Another anomaly occurred with this update. When I updated to version 18.0.78 Avast antivirus alerted a suspicious program and sand boxed Media Center which has never happened with previous updates. I disabled Avast Antivirus to test Media Center and got same results of CPU usage jumping up and my computer shutting off. Is there a way to revert back to previous version so I can use Media Center again?

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 04:25:49 am »

Hi !

Little bug ?

"Playing Now" => "Shuffle Automatic" do not work !

Bonne Journée.

Jean-Marc

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 04:42:10 am »

Is there a way to revert back to previous version so I can use Media Center again?

Yes. Look in Help->Update Channels->Open Download Folder. MC keeps the last versions. Re-install a version that worked and you'll be fine.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 07:10:10 am »

I am also experiencing crash issues with version 18.0.78. Every time I start Media Center I monitor my RAM & CPU usage which jumps up within a few minutes. Specifically my RAM jumps up from 44 percent to upper 90's usage of 4g memory and my CPU usage jumps up from 2 percent to 44 percent with nothing being played. After the CPU usage jumps up the core temperature rises rapidly above 200 degrees causing computer to shut off because of over temp protection. These issues only occur when Media Center is running and cease immediately when I close Media Center. The end result is I can no longer use Media Center for more than a couple of minutes which is unacceptable. Another anomaly occurred with this update. When I updated to version 18.0.78 Avast antivirus alerted a suspicious program and sand boxed Media Center which has never happened with previous updates. I disabled Avast Antivirus to test Media Center and got same results of CPU usage jumping up and my computer shutting off. Is there a way to revert back to previous version so I can use Media Center again?
Try restoring your license.   Start a new thread if you need help.

If it is the virus checker, you may need to uninstall it.  See the "Weird Problems" thread in my signature for similar problems.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 10:07:12 am »

Since installing this build I am experiencing a lock-up of Media Center approximately 8 or 9 seconds prior to the end of a track. When I click anywhere on the MC interface it goes ghost and Windows reports it has stopped responding. Waiting 10 minutes does nothing.

This has occurred about 6 or 8 times now, always with an mp3 file, always about 8 seconds before the track ends.
Those tracks where this has happened were each tested with AudioTester v1.6 and found to have no errors.
. . . the game is rigged

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:49:23 am »

Clicking on the ‘Playlists’ heading (not the arrow head) brings message “There was a problem loading the web browser engine. Please download and install the latest version of Media Center.”

The window at top showing the playing track details no longer scrolls to show hidden info.

I am also experiencing inability for program to install updates when notified, clicking ‘Update’ button results in ‘unable to update’ message. This has occurred on about the last 3 updates.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 11:00:45 am »

I am also experiencing inability for program to install updates when notified, clicking ‘Update’ button results in ‘unable to update’ message. This has occurred on about the last 3 updates.
How it works:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »

I have version 17.0.189 but at time of purchase of MC17, I was notified that I would be eligible for MC18 when released.

What is the procedure for taking advantage of that offer?

zerocool

• Recent member
  • Pure evil - eggs and mustard
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »

After installing build 18.0.78 I am experiencing AppHang issues in Theater View. When trying to play music files (both Mp3’s and WMA lossless’) Media Center locks up after approximately 1 second of play time and when I click anywhere on the theater view interface the screen goes ghost and Windows reports it has stopped responding.

Video files play without any problems (in both Theater and Standard View) and there are no problems playing music files in Standard View.

Please help – thanks.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 05:23:05 pm »

After installing build 18.0.78 I am experiencing AppHang issues in Theater View.

Just so you know, in my case it happens in Standard View.

ALSO - it does not appear to be 'track-specific' as I can replay the track and it will play through the next time, if it was the track 'd expect it to stop every time it is played.
. . . the game is rigged

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »

Bug Report in 18.0.78

Windows Vista Premium 32-bit
PC has never had any version of MC or MJ ever.

Ran custom install.  In Filetypes, selected "uncheck all", since the PC is setup to use other players, and I am still checking out MC.

MC Installs and then says it needs to reboot system to finish install (which I don't remember from previous install on a different PC).

On reboot, MC install gives error messages that various files are already in use (such as in_ogg.dll in JRiver folder that was nonexistent prior to the install).

On startup, MC says no web browser, no output plugins, etc and I should run install.

I run install again on top of the just finished installation, and this time it works fine.

pieeyed

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 06:05:39 pm »

I was wondering why 2 weeks ago I purchased MC 17 & now I have to pay again to upgrade to MC 18?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 06:08:04 pm »

I was wondering why 2 weeks ago I purchased MC 17 & now I have to pay again to upgrade to MC 18?
If you purchased in the last several months, you have an MC18 license that works with either MC17 or MC18. 

More here:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC18

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »

Having an issue with JRiver 18, latest build. 18.0.78. Windows 8

After running all previous versions of 18 via updates from the update channel, this is the first version I've experienced any issues with.

The problem is, JR MC locks up. Sometimes it locks up in 1 minutes. Sometimes it locks up in 30, but it's almost given it will lock up now. At first it seemed to be just between track changes, but now it actually locks up pretty much anywhere and everywhere in a track.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled (only kept my library). Same issue.

Playback is of WMAs, MP3s and FLAC. It is all being played through the E-Mu 0204 device, as I've been doing for at least 18 months now. I'm using WASAPI (event style) for playback to the 0204. I don't use JR MC for video playback.

Any suggestions? Files you need to help troubleshoot?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:39 pm »

Please copy and paste to a new thread.  Include whether the problem began with Win8.

zerocool

• Recent member
  • Pure evil - eggs and mustard
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:23 pm »

Any help or hope for a fix any time soon in regards to the AppHang issues we are experiencing when trying to play music files?

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »

I have found that when playing audio in Display View (Track info.), the album art does not update to the new song's album art when the track changes.  All of the track info updates just fine, but not the album art.  ?
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 10:41:51 pm »

When importing existing FLAC files into the 18 library (tagged by 17 & prior versions), the Date field still is not being properly read/imported and these files are being imported blank (with no value) in the date field tag. This has been the case in all versions of 18 thus far except some early ones as some of my FLAC files were imported correctly at first.  Deleting files with no dates from the library and then re-importing still results in no date value.  Looking at the exact same FLAC files with version 17.0.189 (and all versions prior) properly shows the date values in the tag. I imagine this must be a bug in the FLAC encoder.

For those of us who use the date field to create a YEAR - ALBUM view in order to display albums for a given artist in chronological rather than alpha order, this is an important field.

This doesn't seem to be making it on the priority list for some time now. As a long time user, can I please beg for this small but vital bug to be addressed some time soon?  Pretty please?? I really want to use 18, but can't until this is fixed.

Or, on the off chance I am doing something wrong, please enlighten me.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 11:00:45 pm »

When importing existing FLAC files into the 18 library (tagged by 17 & prior versions), the Date field still is not being properly read/imported and these files are being imported blank (with no value) in the date field tag.

Can you share a small file that exhibits the problem?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

dennismf

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 12:57:53 am »

18.0.78 installed itself yesterday. It has crashed (frozen ui) twice since the new version installed.

It has been very reliable until this version.

Last crash was while playing a flac file. Not sure about the first. It might have been live TV.

Dennis M-F

PS - Just did it again while I was writing this - different flac file

2/12/2012 -

Hung again this morning - I looked in the Event Log and found this:

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Hang

- EventID 1002

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 101

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2012-12-01T21:18:12.000000000Z

EventRecordID 21660

Channel Application

Computer PeopleEater

Security

- EventData

Media Center 18.exe
   18ec
   01cdd005b0ce9629
   C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Media Center 18.exe
   93f258c8-3bfc-11e2-81ac-002433e6abd7
   430072006F00730073002D00740068007200650061006400000044006500610064006C006F00630 06B0000000000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary data:

In Words

0000: 00720043 0073006F 002D0073 00680074
0008: 00650072 00640061 00440000 00610065
0010: 006C0064 0063006F 0000006B 0000

In Bytes

0000: 43 00 72 00 6F 00 73 00   C.r.o.s.
0008: 73 00 2D 00 74 00 68 00   s.-.t.h.
0010: 72 00 65 00 61 00 64 00   r.e.a.d.
0018: 00 00 44 00 65 00 61 00   ..D.e.a.
0020: 64 00 6C 00 6F 00 63 00   d.l.o.c.
0028: 6B 00 00 00 00 00         k.....

"Cross-thread Deadloc"

Hope this helps.

Dennis M-F

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »

Can you share a small file that exhibits the problem?

I figured out the problem with the YEAR/DATE tag field.  Way back in MC 13, there was a bug that when ripping files, stored the date in this field as YYYY/MM/DD, such that if you had entered "1996" when tagging a file, it would be stored as "1996/01/01".  This bug existed for a while.  I unfortunately ripped a lot of files during this time.  In looking at the tags for all my files that don't display anything in the DATE tag field using v. 18, they all have the DATE formatted as YYYY/01/01.

If I manually change the tag back to just YYYY, and then delete and reimport the file, the DATE field is properly read by v 18.  Versions 17 and prior apparently had the ability to still interpret this field properly and display it as YYYY, even if the data was stored as YYYY/01/01, and that has apparently been changed with 18. Would be great to continue the extra fix for this bug of reading the first 4 digits of this field, so I or anyone else who ripped a lot of files back in 2008 with v 13 won't have to manually edit all their tags.  In my case, I've got over 6,000 files stored as YYYY/01/01.  Or if the Find & Replace tool would work on the DATE field, or any chosen field instead of just the main 5, I could just do a quick batch replace on the whole thing. Thanks.

cinjin

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 07:26:57 pm »

MC18 repeatedly hangs at the end of every few songs. Files are FLAC and mp3 and the system is Win8 x64

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 07:35:16 pm »

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »

Occasionally due to one reason or another usually as a result of various tinkering I manage to crash media centre 18.

The problem arises after Media Center crashes as the "Media Centre" executable still shows as a running process under task manager and clicking end task does nothing. I tried bringing up a command window and entering
"taskkill /im "Media Center 18.exe" /f" this has no effect. I find the only way to bring media center up again is to either wait about 5 minutes for the process to terminate on its own or by restarting my computer.

This may be audio driver/configuration related as seems to happen more often when I am using my "speak" and "subwoofer" linked zone

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 09:49:59 am »

Occasionally due to one reason or another usually as a result of various tinkering I manage to crash media centre 18.

The problem arises after Media Center crashes as the "Media Centre" executable still shows as a running process under task manager and clicking end task does nothing. I tried bringing up a command window and entering
"taskkill /im "Media Center 18.exe" /f" this has no effect. I find the only way to bring media center up again is to either wait about 5 minutes for the process to terminate on its own or by restarting my computer.

This may be audio driver/configuration related as seems to happen more often when I am using my "speak" and "subwoofer" linked zone
That's similar to what I see on my install of both .78 and .84

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 05:04:03 am »

Media keys don't work when MC is not an active window. Worked just fine in MC17. Windows 8.

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 03:51:14 pm »

Any update on my previous logged issue in MC18?  Attached is a screen shot too.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75702.msg513053#msg513053

dean70

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:12 pm »

Running v18.0.78 and getting random crashes in Theatre View when on the You Tube search screen. Media Centre 18.exe sometimes will crash with the Windows Application error dialog when typing the search terms.

Did eventually manage to do the search after 4 attempts, then it was stable from then on.  ?

Running Windows 7 SP1 x64

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 04:00:27 am »

(sorry how to delete a message here?)

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 04:13:43 am »

Media keys don't work when MC is not an active window. Worked just fine in MC17. Windows 8.

+1

Media keys don't work either in full screen mode until we make the player display appear once at the top of the screen with the mouse.

At the beginning, I thought it was a problem with my mini DiNovo Keyboard and MC18 but there is the same problem with other keyboards with media keys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up