INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to achieve decent gizmo views?  (Read 1390 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Best way to achieve decent gizmo views?
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:25:20 pm »

I wish to achieve a gizmo view for album ratings. I use the following basic structure

Items to ShowShow Categories in this order
Album RatingCat: 1
if(isempty([!A.Rating]),Mid(★★★★★, 0, [!A.Rating Auto Store])/
If(math(below([!A.Rating Auto Store] % 1, .5)), ,☆),Mid(★★★★★, 0, [!A.Rating])If(IsEqual(Right([!A.Rating], 2), .5), ☆, ))
Cat: 2
Replace([Album Artist], ;,/ &/ ) - [Album]

¬Recent
(Nested under Album Rating)
Rules For File Display
~sort=[Date Imported]-d
Cat: 1
if(isempty([!A.Rating]),Mid(★★★★★, 0, [!A.Rating Auto Store])/
If(math(below([!A.Rating Auto Store] % 1, .5)), ,☆),Mid(★★★★★, 0, [!A.Rating])If(IsEqual(Right([!A.Rating], 2), .5), ☆, ))
Cat: 2
Replace([Album Artist], ;,/ &/ ) - [Album]

With this the Recent icon appears at the same level as the rating stars (See Image). Is there anyway to alter this so that after a star selection is made the Recent icon appears amongst all the albums for that rating. And Once Recent is selected, the rating from the level above is implied and then shows the albums in the recent order.

With my structure now, it works, but doesn't seem that intuitive especially when using J Remote.
My biggest gripe with it is that I want the recent icon to behave somewhat similar to a search list pane like in standard view, so I select the rating and then can change order. Right now it seems to add an unessential level to the view, I have to click recent, then pick a rating and then choose the album. Would be much better to choose 5 star rating, then if I want to choose recent it re-orders the albums without me having to choose rating again.

I have other sorting configurations applied to the view but I have cut it down to try and keep it simple while I figure it out.

Hope this is clear to understand
Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up