INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA help on a Vizio smart TV  (Read 96327 times)

koshia

• Recent member
DLNA help on a Vizio smart TV
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:36:22 pm »

Hi fellas,

Got a smart tv today that is capable of DLNA, but I can't seem to get it working correctly.  I exhausted my search and would like someone's assistance if they have this brand working with the built in Vizio VIA Media App.

It plays audio fine and photos as well.  Certain video files work (originally AVI formats) regardless of what settings I change in the Media Networks / DLNA server settings.

I have tried several things such as checking DLNA, DLNA EXTRA, Mimetype Overrides, and the MPEG_PS, etc.. etc.. etc...

I found a post the other day on Interact forum stating that MP4 format are not streamable, so I tried MPEG/AVI 720 / DVD Streaming - but to no success.

If anyone has a successful setup - please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:  Most all of my video files are in m2ts or mkv formats - if it helps anyone.

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
Re: DLNA help on a Vizio smart TV
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »

I successfully stream videos using MC, via DLNA but most of mine are AVI, MPEG-2 or MP4. Like AVI MKV isn't really a file format itself, but a container which means some applications might have trouble peeking inside and playing correctly. You might try seeing if installing Haaili splitter on your system helps. You also might find following thread useful:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55171

As a last restort you might see installing missing CODECS solve it for you.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:35:32 am »

I successfully stream videos using MC, via DLNA but most of mine are AVI, MPEG-2 or MP4. Like AVI MKV isn't really a file format itself, but a container which means some applications might have trouble peeking inside and playing correctly. You might try seeing if installing Haaili splitter on your system helps. You also might find following thread useful:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55171

As a last restort you might see installing missing CODECS solve it for you.

Thank you for your reply BBB, but i'm only having trouble with this particular TV.  The other ones (my Samsung & Sony) in the house plays the files fine on the JRiver DLNA - I wasn't sure if anyone was successful with their Vizio and had a configuration that I did not try.  I think Vizio had their Media App out pretty early and have not made some formats compatible/stream-able to it yet.  I may just need to be patient and wait until they have a fix for it.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:55 pm »

Everything is supposed to play mpeg2 in a mpeg2 container with AC3 or mpeg2 audio.
Try convert always.
mpeg2/dvd (or pal).
You may have to set the override if that doesn't work.
Check the override box.
Leave the mimetype set to default (video/mpeg)
Change the DLNAType to MPEG_PS_NTSC (or MPEG_PS_PAL).

BadGoose

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:57:48 pm »

I am having problems with DLNA on my vizio as well.  Here's as much as I have been able to figure out.

I can stream MPEG2 videos with no issue.  I am having problems with MP4 files.  If I make a small ~5 minute clip it plays fine, but if I play a full length movie it gets video and audio codec not supported. If I copy that same file to a USB drive, it will play fine that way. 

I am connected by wifi, but now I am wondering if connecting by wired would help.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 03:12:11 am »

I am having problems with DLNA on my vizio as well.  Here's as much as I have been able to figure out.

I can stream MPEG2 videos with no issue.  I am having problems with MP4 files.  If I make a small ~5 minute clip it plays fine, but if I play a full length movie it gets video and audio codec not supported. If I copy that same file to a USB drive, it will play fine that way. 

I am connected by wifi, but now I am wondering if connecting by wired would help.

Badgoose,
I had the same issue... Could you let me know if wiring it would work better for you?  I'm the same.  My TV is located in the bedroom and there's no wire around, but if I need to pull a wire to solve this -- i'm freaking doing it.

BadGoose

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 03:29:08 pm »

Sorry Koshia,

I just tried connecting the TV by wired network and I got the same result of Audio and Video codec not supported for the MP4s.  I am still a little baffled that the same files work when i copy them to a USB stick but not by the DLNA network connection.  I can also play the same files on my xbox and sharp tv by DLNA, just not this vizio.  

Maybe worth getting a Roku or something similar to stream to this TV  :(

Well I will post, if I figure something out.

Good luck

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 10:41:27 am »

If you are doing conversion, try the MP4TS presets instead of the MP4 presets. The MP4 preset requires complete conversion before it can play whereas the MP4TS preset doesn't. If it won't play the MP4TS format you have only the MPEG2 presets to use.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

Sorry Koshia,

I just tried connecting the TV by wired network and I got the same result of Audio and Video codec not supported for the MP4s.  I am still a little baffled that the same files work when i copy them to a USB stick but not by the DLNA network connection.  I can also play the same files on my xbox and sharp tv by DLNA, just not this vizio.  

Maybe worth getting a Roku or something similar to stream to this TV  :(

Well I will post, if I figure something out.

Good luck

Thanks for checking BadGoose.  I'll keep looking as well. I'll try out Bob's suggestion.

Bob, Can you tell me where to set the conversion at?  I'm a newb at this.

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »

Thanks for checking BadGoose.  I'll keep looking as well. I'll try out Bob's suggestion.

Bob, Can you tell me where to set the conversion at?  I'm a newb at this.

Thanks.

Media Network->Add or configure DLNA servers.
The default is "convert when necessary" which means to convert everything that isn't mpeg2/ac3 or mpeg2/mpeg2 in a mpeg2 container (which is the only format required to be supported by the DLNA protocol).

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 01:37:49 am »

Thanks bob.

I guess I knew where those settings were, just wasn't sure at the time of my last posting.  In any case, I tried your suggestion and it did not work.  It seems the best bet now is to wait for better TV DLNA compatibility.  Not sure why a DLNA TV is incapable of streaming the only required DLNA codec mpeg2.

If anyone else finds a solution or has other suggestions, let us know.  Will be glad when I can finally need not to hook up DVD player to work out.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 09:47:24 am »

One more thing to try.
Set video to "always convert"
Then choose mpeg2 dvd stream or mpeg2/dvd pal stream as the conversion (depending on your location).
Under the advanced options, enable the mpeg video mimetype override.
Enable DLNAExtra.
For the video mimetype override, the default video/mpeg should be OK.
For the video DLNAType ovveride, try MPEG_PS_NTSC or MPEG_PS_PAL depending on your conversion setting above.
Let us know if that helps.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:22 am »

One more thing to try.
Set video to "always convert"
Then choose mpeg2 dvd stream or mpeg2/dvd pal stream as the conversion (depending on your location).
Under the advanced options, enable the mpeg video mimetype override.
Enable DLNAExtra.
For the video mimetype override, the default video/mpeg should be OK.
For the video DLNAType ovveride, try MPEG_PS_NTSC or MPEG_PS_PAL depending on your conversion setting above.
Let us know if that helps.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your suggestion.  I actually found those hints around the forum and was the first few things I tried, but it did not work.  I said what the heck and tried it again.. no success.

When I used "Never" convert, it seems I get some mp4s and m2ts files to play just fine.  There are 50% of my library files that won't play, but I think they are MKV files.

Conodor

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 10:24:20 am »

I've tried all the suggestions here. i can only play 1 video. that's a generic video that came with windows media this is both with windows media and the jriver media center.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »

I've tried all the suggestions here. i can only play 1 video. that's a generic video that came with windows media this is both with windows media and the jriver media center.
For that one video, look in MC's database, enable the compression field. In that field, the first item is the container, the codecs are in parenthesis. Can you report that please?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your suggestion.  I actually found those hints around the forum and was the first few things I tried, but it did not work.  I said what the heck and tried it again.. no success.

When I used "Never" convert, it seems I get some mp4s and m2ts files to play just fine.  There are 50% of my library files that won't play, but I think they are MKV files.

Can you enable the compression field as well and tell me which ones are working? If you've got some unconverted mp4's and m2ts files playing, it seems like we should be able to get conversion working with some tweaking. Report working frame rates also if you can. Thanks.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:28 am »

Can you enable the compression field as well and tell me which ones are working? If you've got some unconverted mp4's and m2ts files playing, it seems like we should be able to get conversion working with some tweaking. Report working frame rates also if you can. Thanks.

I'll work on this when I get home tomorrow and let you know of my findings bob.  Where can I find compression field, sorry you'll have to hold my hand a bit longer.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 09:50:38 am »

If you do a files list of the videos in MC, then right-click on the list bar (where is says, name, artist, duration, etc), you'll get a list of the database fields that you can show.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:45 pm »

If you do a files list of the videos in MC, then right-click on the list bar (where is says, name, artist, duration, etc), you'll get a list of the database fields that you can show.

Bob, here's the information:

the M2TS files are: AVC1/AC3 // 23.98 FPS
the mp4 files are: AVC1/MP4 AAC  | AVC1/MPEG-2 AAC // 23.98 FPS
the mkv files are: DX50/LAV AAC ADTS | AVC1/AC3 | AVC1/DTS Audio

The two M2TS files are playing just fine.

All the MP4s acts as if it would play, but then a message appears and saids the audio/video codecs are not supported and nothing appears.

The MKV files are not appearing at all on the tv to even select to play.

Hope that helps you diagnose something.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 08:10:15 pm »

Well, that's interesting.
The TS containers with MP4 and AC3 are a bit unusual to be supported by a DLNA device. The mkvs not playing is not surprising, only a few devices will play them.
I think your MP4's won't play because the device doesn't like the AAC which would explain why it won't play our m4ts files which have AAC not AC3.
However, the device really should play our mpeg2 conversion.
Would you try the mpeg2 high bandwidth stream conversion (convert always) and the mpeg2 pal high bandwidth stream?? Those are both TS containers with mpeg2 and ac3.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:06:43 pm »

Well, that's interesting.
The TS containers with MP4 and AC3 are a bit unusual to be supported by a DLNA device. The mkvs not playing is not surprising, only a few devices will play them.
I think your MP4's won't play because the device doesn't like the AAC which would explain why it won't play our m4ts files which have AAC not AC3.
However, the device really should play our mpeg2 conversion.
Would you try the mpeg2 high bandwidth stream conversion (convert always) and the mpeg2 pal high bandwidth stream?? Those are both TS containers with mpeg2 and ac3.

Bob,

Scenario 1: Does not work
Conversion: Always Convert
Encoder: MPEG2 high bandwidth stream
Advanced:
DLNA
DLNA Extras

Scenario 2: Does not work
Conversion: Always Convert
Encoder: MPEG2 PAL high bandwidth stream
Advanced:
DLNA
DLNA Extras

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 09:25:44 am »

Thanks for checking.

I suppose it's possible it only plays 23.97 FPS material, seems pretty unlikely though.
I assume it actually does start the conversion? If you enable file logging in the advanced options for the DLNA server configuration, you can see in the status window when the Vizio requests the file. If it doesn't read any data (0 bytes on the file conversion) can you take the URL shown there and plug it into a browser and see what happens?

I'll take a look at the DLNA flags on conversion vs playing an unconverted file of the format you confirmed as working.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:35 am »

koshia, another thread just made me think of something that may be affecting the conversion playback.
Can you check to see if Playstation 3 compatibility is turned on in advanced options and if it is try again with it off?

Thanks.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:33 pm »

koshia, another thread just made me think of something that may be affecting the conversion playback.
Can you check to see if Playstation 3 compatibility is turned on in advanced options and if it is try again with it off?

Thanks.

Bob,
I have two separate DLNA server setup.  One for PS3 that my roommate uses and the Vizio for my bedroom TV.  The PS3 one has the compatibility mode turned on; however, on Vizio - I made sure that only DLNA & DLNA Extras was flagged.

As far as the logging being enabled.  When it's playing, I looked into the logs and it has a stream URL of: 0071885: 3164: Sharing Plugins: CHTTPListenerWorker::HandleRequest: TCP: 10.0.1.54: GET: http://10.0.1.5:52101/Video/F117790.m2ts

Which when I paste that URL into a browser, it downloads the files.

When I put Vizio DLNA server to always convert,  I do not see any reference to a stream URL at all. So conversion does not even start.

A note: on the logs, you'll see a bunch of 0 bytes towards the end -- it's probably cause i was fast-forwarding the file.  As far as the log with Vizio not playing, there's a bunch of 0 bytes towards the end of the log... but i'm not sure what that is for considering it couldn't really play.

Let me know if you find anything.  Thanks for your persistence in this one.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:12 am »

When I put Vizio DLNA server to always convert,  I do not see any reference to a stream URL at all. So conversion does not even start.
This is a good clue. It means the Vizio doesn't like MC's content directory listing of the file. I suspected as much, that's why I wanted to try the override to give the Vizio the same parameters as it would get if there was no conversion.

I'll try to duplicate this with a file the same as yours however it may require a wireshark trace of it working without conversion on a MPEG2/AC3 file in an MPEG container and it not working with the MPEG2/DVD conversion set. Thanks...

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:29 am »

We now have a Vizio E601i-A3 in our bedroom.  I'll be able to test some of this upstairs if that will provide any additional assistance.  Probably not until Sunday though.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 01:36:31 pm »

Cool MrC!

koshia,
I was thinking of one more possibility, turn off both DLNA and DLNAExtra under advanced so MC's only uPNP. If convert always works then, it isolates the problem to the DLNA flags..

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 11:54:57 pm »

Cool MrC!

koshia,
I was thinking of one more possibility, turn off both DLNA and DLNAExtra under advanced so MC's only uPNP. If convert always works then, it isolates the problem to the DLNA flags..

Bob,
Tried what you suggest.  Same result, does not play with "always convert".  Looked at the output logs, there was no reference of any attempt with MC trying to provide a stream URL.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 12:25:33 pm »

Bob,
Tried what you suggest.  Same result, does not play with "always convert".  Looked at the output logs, there was no reference of any attempt with MC trying to provide a stream URL.
Ok, try these settings with any of the H264-TS profiles.
Always convert
Turn DLNA and DLNAExtra back on
enable the mpeg override in advanced.
mimetype video/mpeg
DLNAType AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO

MrC

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:25 pm »

I haven't forgotten about this, just didn't have the time to test (had a few issues at home to deal with).

I'm wondering, do you have any test clips in various formats that could be tested against DLNA devices?

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 08:35:10 pm »

Ok, try these settings with any of the H264-TS profiles.
Always convert
Turn DLNA and DLNAExtra back on
enable the mpeg override in advanced.
mimetype video/mpeg
DLNAType AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO

I wasn't sure by your: DLNAType AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO

So I typed that exact string into the video DLNA override: DLNAType AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO

I also tried it without the DLNAType and only AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO.

Still no go.

The other options were:
Flag: MPEG video mimetype override
video mimetype override: video/mpeg
Flag: DLNA + DLNAExtra  (Tried it off as well)
Always Convert + MPEG4TS high bandwidth stream

result: no go. same result as original problem, does not play and does not attempt to play.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 10:42:04 pm »

I haven't forgotten about this, just didn't have the time to test (had a few issues at home to deal with).

I'm wondering, do you have any test clips in various formats that could be tested against DLNA devices?
I do have some test clips but they are not very well organized. I'll try to remember to get some into the testing section of the file server. bump me if I forget :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »

I wasn't sure by your: DLNAType AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO

So I typed that exact string into the video DLNA override: DLNAType AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO

I also tried it without the DLNAType and only AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO.

Still no go.

The other options were:
Flag: MPEG video mimetype override
video mimetype override: video/mpeg
Flag: DLNA + DLNAExtra  (Tried it off as well)
Always Convert + MPEG4TS high bandwidth stream

result: no go. same result as original problem, does not play and does not attempt to play.
Well boo, hiss...

Would you please install "uPnP tools for developer" (comes up at the top of google). Run the Device Spy, find the Vizio, expand the connection manager, double click on getprotocolinfo and copy and paste the sinkprotocolinfo into a message here? Thanks..

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56:50 pm »

Well boo, hiss...

Would you please install "uPnP tools for developer" (comes up at the top of google). Run the Device Spy, find the Vizio, expand the connection manager, double click on getprotocolinfo and copy and paste the sinkprotocolinfo into a message here? Thanks..

Code: [Select]
http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMABASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMAFULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMAPRO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO_320;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO_320;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/m4a:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/m4b:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_MULT5_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=1,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=1,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mpeg:*,http-get:*:audio/mp4:*,http-get:*:audio/m4a:*,http-get:*:audio/m4b:*,http-get:*:audio/3gpp:*,http-get:*:audio/3gp:*,http-get:*:audio/x-wav:*,http-get:*:audio/wav:*,http-get:*:audio/x-flac:*,http-get:*:audio/flac:*,http-get:*:audio/wav:*,http-get:*:audio/L16:*,http-get:*:audio/L24:*,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:*,http-get:*:application/ogg:*,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_TN,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/gif:DLNA.ORG_PN=GIF_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/gif:DLNA.ORG_PN=GIF_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/gif:DLNA.ORG_PN=GIF_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/bmp:DLNA.ORG_PN=BMP_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/bmp:DLNA.ORG_PN=BMP_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/bmp:DLNA.ORG_PN=BMP_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/tiff:DLNA.ORG_PN=TIFF_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/tiff:DLNA.ORG_PN=TIFF_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/tiff:DLNA.ORG_PN=TIFF_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/mpo:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPO_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/mpo:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPO_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/mpo:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPO_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/x-jps:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPS_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/x-jps:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPS_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/x-jps:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPS_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/jpeg:*,http-get:*:image/png:*,http-get:*:image/gif:*,http-get:*:image/bmp:*,http-get:*:image/mpo:*,http-get:*:image/x-jps:*,http-get:*:image/tiff:*,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_AC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_XAC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_SD;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG1;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_AC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-matroska:DLNA.ORG_PN=MATROSKA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA_MPEG1_L2_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVSPML_MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVSPML_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVHIGH_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_3GPP_SP_L0B_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_3GPP_SP_L0B_AMR;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP_MPEG1_L3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP_MPEG1_L3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp2t:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_SD;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp2t:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_HD_60_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVSPML_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVHIGH_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/avi:*,http-get:*:video/divx:*,http-get:*:video/x-divx:*,http-get:*:video/x-matroska:*,http-get:*:video/mpeg:*,http-get:*:video/mpeg2ts:*,http-get:*:video/m2ts:*,http-get:*:video/mp4:*,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:*,http-get:*:video/x-msvideo:*,http-get:*:video/x-flv:*,http-get:*:video/x-tivo-mpeg:*,http-get:*:video/quicktime:*,http-get:*:application/x-srt:*,http-get:*:application/x-sub:*,http-get:*:text/srt:*,http-get:*:smi/caption:*,http-get:*:text/sub:*

MrC

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:20 am »

Hey Bob,  any idea why my particular Vizio does not appear in Device Spy?  I see all of my other DLNA renders and servers... just not the Vizio.

Device Sniffer only shows the following packets very 30 seconds or so:

Received 1/15/2013 at 11:42:33 PM (734)

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
MX: 3
ST: ssdp:all

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:14 pm »

Code: [Select]
http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMABASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMAFULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMAPRO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO_320;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO_320;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/m4a:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/m4b:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_MULT5_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=22050;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=96000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=192000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=1,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=22050;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=32000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=96000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=4:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=6:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=192000;channels=8:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=1,http-get:*:audio/L24;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01,http-get:*:audio/mpeg:*,http-get:*:audio/mp4:*,http-get:*:audio/m4a:*,http-get:*:audio/m4b:*,http-get:*:audio/3gpp:*,http-get:*:audio/3gp:*,http-get:*:audio/x-wav:*,http-get:*:audio/wav:*,http-get:*:audio/x-flac:*,http-get:*:audio/flac:*,http-get:*:audio/wav:*,http-get:*:audio/L16:*,http-get:*:audio/L24:*,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:*,http-get:*:application/ogg:*,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_TN,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/gif:DLNA.ORG_PN=GIF_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/gif:DLNA.ORG_PN=GIF_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/gif:DLNA.ORG_PN=GIF_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/bmp:DLNA.ORG_PN=BMP_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/bmp:DLNA.ORG_PN=BMP_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/bmp:DLNA.ORG_PN=BMP_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/tiff:DLNA.ORG_PN=TIFF_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/tiff:DLNA.ORG_PN=TIFF_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/tiff:DLNA.ORG_PN=TIFF_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/mpo:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPO_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/mpo:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPO_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/mpo:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPO_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/x-jps:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPS_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/x-jps:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPS_MED;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/x-jps:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPS_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:image/jpeg:*,http-get:*:image/png:*,http-get:*:image/gif:*,http-get:*:image/bmp:*,http-get:*:image/mpo:*,http-get:*:image/x-jps:*,http-get:*:image/tiff:*,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_AC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_XAC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_SD;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG1;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_AC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-matroska:DLNA.ORG_PN=MATROSKA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA_MPEG1_L2_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVSPML_MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVSPML_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVHIGH_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_3GPP_SP_L0B_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_3GPP_SP_L0B_AMR;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP_MPEG1_L3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP_MPEG1_L3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-divx:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_P2_TS_SP;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp2t:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_SD;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mp2t:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_HD_60_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVSPML_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVHIGH_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=0,http-get:*:video/avi:*,http-get:*:video/divx:*,http-get:*:video/x-divx:*,http-get:*:video/x-matroska:*,http-get:*:video/mpeg:*,http-get:*:video/mpeg2ts:*,http-get:*:video/m2ts:*,http-get:*:video/mp4:*,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:*,http-get:*:video/x-msvideo:*,http-get:*:video/x-flv:*,http-get:*:video/x-tivo-mpeg:*,http-get:*:video/quicktime:*,http-get:*:application/x-srt:*,http-get:*:application/x-sub:*,http-get:*:text/srt:*,http-get:*:smi/caption:*,http-get:*:text/sub:*

Wait.. was I supposed to find My Vizio TV or the Vizio DLNA instance by JRiver?  I think you were asking for the TV and I gave you the codes for the DLNA Vizio instance.  If it's the TV you're looking for, I have the same issue as MrC above.  It's not listed in the device spy, but sniffer i'm getting:

Received 1/16/2013 at 6:57:19 PM (726)

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
MX: 3
ST: ssdp:all

MrC

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 07:01:30 pm »

I believe you want the Vizio tube.  Bob wants to know what file types and protocols it supports.

I don't see it advertising itself.  I was hoping yours does.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 07:44:01 pm »

I believe you want the Vizio tube.  Bob wants to know what file types and protocols it supports.

I don't see it advertising itself.  I was hoping yours does.

Mine does not either.  I tried adding it manually via my ip, but don't even know what port it's even broadcasting on.  Tried the basic ports w/ no success.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »

Is it possible that it's not a DLNA Renderer?  If so, you would not be able to send to it from MC, but you might still be able to play from MC's DLNA Server by using the device's interface.

MrC

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 08:03:15 pm »

Is it possible that it's not a DLNA Renderer?  If so, you would not be able to send to it from MC, but you might still be able to play from MC's DLNA Server by using the device's interface.

This does seem to match what we're observing.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:48 am »

It looks like it is only a player (hence the missing device spy info).
Also, I can't find the model MrC quoted in the dlna.org product search. I can't even find Vizio in there.
I suppose it's not certified.
Still, since it does play a few files, we should be able to figure out what to do to make it work.
Here is a test clip to play with convert set to never.
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/test/stuartlittle-preview-mpeg2-ac3.mpeg
Let me know if it works for you. If it does, we'll have a handle on the flags.
Then the only difference with conversion will be the fact that we can't return size for a object being transcoded.

MrC

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 10:19:10 am »

No mention in the manual or on the box about DLNA, period.  That's why they get away with it not being seen at all.

I'll test the clip today, and report back.

While testing yesterday, I noticed that the unit aborts listing any files if there are too many files or categories to list.  I don't know what their limit is yet.

MrC

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 12:21:39 am »

Bob - the stuartlittle-preview-mpeg2-ac3.mpeg movie played fine here using Generic DLNA set to Never Convert.

MrC

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 03:17:17 am »

Some more findings, non-video related, for this Vizio model:

- it does not play flac files - no surprise.

- non-ASCII characters in Album, Artist, or Name cause the unit to produce an empty list.  Would it be possible to have an option to map these to standard ASCII equivalents?

- a container which returns more than 87 to 89 items results in an empty list.

- Yanking MC out from under the Vizio (e.g. changing DLNA settings) can cause it to crash and shutdown.

- The content of some albums returned is wrong.  Drilling into a Grateful Dead album, tracks from a Dido album are returned.  In my tests here, I am using rules to limit which albums are returned by the DLNA server.

- The Vizio is peculiar in that it asks what media type you want (Music, Video, Photo), but then once you select any, it presents you with the MC presented root containers.  If you pick Music or Video, you get a list view, whereas Photos gives you a larger folders view.  But it will only show content of the chosen type.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

Some more findings, non-video related, for this Vizio model:

- it does not play flac files - no surprise.

- non-ASCII characters in Album, Artist, or Name cause the unit to produce an empty list.  Would it be possible to have an option to map these to standard ASCII equivalents?

- a container which returns more than 87 to 89 items results in an empty list.

- Yanking MC out from under the Vizio (e.g. changing DLNA settings) can cause it to crash and shutdown.

- The content of some albums returned is wrong.  Drilling into a Grateful Dead album, tracks from a Dido album are returned.  In my tests here, I am using rules to limit which albums are returned by the DLNA server.

- The Vizio is peculiar in that it asks what media type you want (Music, Video, Photo), but then once you select any, it presents you with the MC presented root containers.  If you pick Music or Video, you get a list view, whereas Photos gives you a larger folders view.  But it will only show content of the chosen type.

Wow, kind of sounds like they were winging it...

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »

Wow, kind of sounds like they were winging it...

I'm quite sure that they're still in development with this.  While prematurely releasing their products -- the tech support said that there are updates to come. Just doesn't know when.

MrC

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »

I agree.  I'm not sure its worth spending any time on this chimera.  I can work around the container issues.

And I can workaround the non-ASCII issues, by just filtering those out (so they can't be played on the TV - oh well).

But if it is possible to get some function to map non-ASCII characters, that would be cool.  Perhaps a Clean() mode 4, that maps all diacritics to their ASCII counterparts, and maps any other character to, say, underscore?  I can see this is probably a big mapping table, so I'm OK if this won't happen.  If you do, perhaps yet another option in the DLNA server, to automatically perform the cleaning (maybe preset an editable list of fields that require remapping, with some smart defaults set)

MrC

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:54 pm »

I'm quite sure that they're still in development with this.  While prematurely releasing their products -- the tech support said that there are updates to come. Just doesn't know when.

Ah, in that case, it might be worth me sending them a list of the issues I've found.  It rarely seems productive...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »

Bob - the stuartlittle-preview-mpeg2-ac3.mpeg movie played fine here using Generic DLNA set to Never Convert.
Ok, thanks for testing. I'd like to see if we can get it to accept any transcoding.
Now with the current build, can you test
convert always
mpeg2/dvd ntsc stream

If that doesn't work, try enabling the video mpeg mimetype override ant leaving the mimetype at video/mpeg for the DLNAType try:
MPEG_PS
MPEG_PS_NTSC
MPEG_PS_AC3
MPEG_PS_XAC3

When a format fails to play, you probably have to powercycle the TV to be safe for testing the next format.

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 03:42:02 pm »

And I can workaround the non-ASCII issues, by just filtering those out (so they can't be played on the TV - oh well).

But if it is possible to get some function to map non-ASCII characters, that would be cool.  Perhaps a Clean() mode 4, that maps all diacritics to their ASCII counterparts, and maps any other character to, say, underscore?  I can see this is probably a big mapping table, so I'm OK if this won't happen.  If you do, perhaps yet another option in the DLNA server, to automatically perform the cleaning (maybe preset an editable list of fields that require remapping, with some smart defaults set)
Try the "filter international characters" checkbox under advanced? It'd be interesting to see if it's still hooked up....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up