INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA help on a Vizio smart TV  (Read 96286 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: DLNA help on a Vizio smart TV
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »

Now with the current build, can you test
convert always
mpeg2/dvd ntsc stream

Works w/.117 (doesn't look so good though; interlacing issues I think).  Shall I try the others too?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

Try the "filter international characters" checkbox under advanced? It'd be interesting to see if it's still hooked up....

Doh, sorry, I never tried this.  Works fine.

sladetf

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 11:29:19 am »

Wow it is so nice to see some smart guys troubleshooting DLNA for the Vizio e601-A3. I thought I was the only one in the world having such a mess of a time with the shoddy DLNA client they threw onto this smart TV.  Thanks for troubleshooting this, guys.  I have one and have been working with 3-4 different DLNA servers to see what I can do or tweak to get this Vizio to play files (mostly mp4's in my collection) that most any other client has no issues with.

I also see the wacky menu system where you select video/photo/audio then it just drops you to the root of whatever the DLNA server presents.  The pagination & file listing hangs constantly as it attempts to scroll through files that it has trouble processing movie length, etc.  And once I get about 2-3 pages in and try to start a movie it will just play a random video from the folder - much like what y'all were seeing with the Dido album info inside another artist album.

I'm hoping if there is some way to transcode or find some compatable format we can Handbrake files with then eventually this client will stop choking on every little thing.

Wild.  I think a lot of it is on Vizio to fix their client to be honest.  Will keep following this thread.

MrC

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 01:27:00 pm »

I've been able to work around the limits on the container problems by instructing MC to group albums in clusters.  The means a few more drill-downs, but actually, its faster than waiting for the client to list lengthier content.

MC should be able to do the video transcoding on the fly - we're just working with bob to see what works reliably.

You'll likely find MC to be pretty fantastic.  Enjoy.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 08:55:38 am »

Works w/.117 (doesn't look so good though; interlacing issues I think).  Shall I try the others too?
Interesting... What is the frame rate of the original?

MrC

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21:20 am »

When I open the converted file w/MC, it says the file is 29.97 FPS.

I don't see any way on the TV to see this info.

By the way, I had a crash when trying to perform this test.  My HD was sleeping, and the Vizeo stalled of course while MC was in disk wait.  Then MC crashed (and this caused the TV to crash with a loud speaker noise.  The same noise occurred on startup).  Do you want a log?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 02:18:21 pm »

When I open the converted file w/MC, it says the file is 29.97 FPS.
How about the original before conversion?
I don't see anyway on the TV to see this info.

By the way, I had a crash when trying to perform this test.  My HD was sleeping, and the Vizeo stalled of course while MC was in disk wait.  Then MC crashed (and this caused the TV to crash with a loud speaker noise.  The same noise occurred on startup).  Do you want a log?
Boo. Yes. Thanks.

MrC

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 02:46:54 pm »

The original before the conversion was your stuart little preview - it was 29.97.

Log sent.

MrC

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2013, 11:01:29 pm »

Firmware version 1.1.5 was downloaded and installed on my unit.  The browse content is now really mixed up.  No fixes to the too many containers problem.  Haven't bothered to test international characters.  They've moved "Recent" up to the third slot which is nice.  Still unfathomably slow to produce a listing at each level (5 to 10 seconds!).

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »

I also have been trying to get DLNA working on my E701i-A3. No luck at all playing videos - I get a list of videos, but if i select one, nothing happens. I have opened a ticket with Vizeo, it ought to be interesting what they say.

Are you doing all the testing on this thread with MC18? I am still on 16 on my DLNA server.

MrC

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »

Are you doing all the testing on this thread with MC18? I am still on 16 on my DLNA server.

Yes, MC18.  Don't even bother trying with MC16.  JRiver has put a lot of work into DLNA since then.

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »

I also have been trying to get DLNA working on my E701i-A3. No luck at all playing videos - I get a list of videos, but if i select one, nothing happens. I have opened a ticket with Vizeo, it ought to be interesting what they say.

I did some test on 17, but now all my copies are 18.  Both version - the same.

It's just a matter of waiting for Vizio to get their act together and fix their product.

Thanks Bob & MrC for testing.  I haven't checked since my last post, but I'd imagine it would be the same result if I'd tried now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up