INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MadVR not working with nvidia geforce 525m, completely befuddled at this.  (Read 4522 times)

raul

• Recent member

Hi guys,  :)

i've decided to post this as a thread for everyone to see, especially all u "video/MadVR with nvidia" experts out there.

i recently purchased a brand new dell xps l502x (was the last l502x in South Africa ) with superb specs.
audio functionality is perfect so won't get into the audio aspects concerning JRiver.
before i ask u guys for help, let me lay down the foundation of the specs that would affect high quality video playback.
processor: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
integrated graphics: intel HD graphics 3000 (got the latest drivers)
discrete graphics: 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M graphics with Optimus (got the latest drivers installed)

now surely with the above specs, i expected MadVR [red october HQ] to work smoothly with the 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M, straight from the get go/out of the box.
but no, playback starts for like the first 10/15 seconds & then the picture stops moving completely while the audio moves on. this is with every type of video file i throw at it. (obviously red october standard works fine)

surely with my specs, guys, u would expect ultra-smooth playback with the highest possible components, in this case madVR.

what other tweaks could i do to get ultra-smooth playback with zero frames being dropped? again, would u agree that my system is more than capable enough of handling blu-ray quality with a high quality renderer such as madVR?

btw, i have tried messing around with the settings within madVR, but to no avail.

thanks wholeheartedly for reading through all this.

can u guys please help me out? do u have an idea of this type of issue?
A life lived in fear is a life half-lived.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MadVR not working with nvidia geforce 525m, completely befuddled at this.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

Are you playing the BD from the laptop hardrive or connected storage? It sounds like a problem I was having with transferring the data over my network (server to client). If you are using connected storage, try moving the file to the laptop drive and see how it plays then.
What settings (buffering and scaling) in MadVR did you use? Also try Hardware Acceleration off and on (for some it makes a difference. my machine doesn't care).

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:21:49 pm »

Hi,

Are you viewing on an external monitor via the HDMI port or the Laptop display?

If you are viewing via the laptop screen the Nvidia adapter will not be driving the display- I have the same problem with my Dell XPS 1702- Madvr does nor run with the Intel graphics adapter.

See my post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76205.0  "Is it possible to have different video quality settings in zones?"
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

raul

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:49:40 pm »

@countrybumpkin:

i am playing all my video files from an external HDD, Specifically a 3TB my book essential from WD.
will try your solution of moving a file to my internal HDD & see if there is any difference.
as for what settings i used? darn, i can't remember, i was really just messing around by tweaking different things without much understanding.
there were never any improvements. i have tried hardware acceleration on/off, no difference.

let me tell u some more in terms of how i play my videos, maybe this may or may not help u in determining what settings i shud b using within MadVR.
my screen resolution is 1366x768. i play many different types of videos [1280x720/1920x1080/720x480 etc]
now what i am about to state may or may not affect how MadVR works:
the ONLY type of videos i play at full screen are 1920x1080 films. obviously it means they are scaled down to 1366x768.
when i play 1280x720 files, i play them at their NATIVE resolution, not full screen. i like to watch everything in it's original size/resolution, just something i prefer... to see the ACTUAL quality of the files. i don't see the point of playing a file with more pixels added in. so the only files utilizing the full screen option for me is 1920x1080.
now would the way i watch everything besides full HD files, affect how MadVR works?

thanks a lot!
if all else fails, will probably have to speak to the mastermind himself, MADSHI.

@terrymanz

laptop display.
yep, i noticed when i looked at a particular setting on the computer that the monitor is directly configured to the integrated graphics. but i do have the option of right-clicking the JRiver player, & choosing "run with nvidia graphics"

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:35:34 pm »

I have got my Dell Xps 17 to work with Red October HQ on the laptop display by setting MC 18 to run with Nvidia GPU in the Nvidia control panel and then in the Madvr settings unselecting "use a separate device for presentation (vista and newer)" in the Rendering-General settings. Nice smooth HQ video on the laptop screen now!
Should have checked everything before I posted my other thread :-[
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

raul

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:30 pm »

@terrymanz: LOL, i guess my initial post was a blessing in disguise for u!  ;D

am gonna try it myself, holding thumbs that it will work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up