INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Settings by Zone instead of a per item basis  (Read 2359 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Video Settings by Zone instead of a per item basis
« on: December 20, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

Now that ZoneSwitch works so great, I would like to readdress a previous request in a different way. We can currently select Aspect Ratio, Zoom, Shift, etc. during movie playback using the OSD. These settings are then saved per movie. I would like the Options > Video to have the settings listed as well. This will allow us to set a zone based on aspect ratio, 720p vs 1080p, display being used, TV vs Video, etc. Actually, the only one I really care about is Shift, but the others might be helpful for someone else.

Here are some examples:

Almost all Blu-rays I watch are 2.40:1 aspect ratio. I want a zone set so that movies played to that zone shift the image up 12% so they are at the top of my LCD at work. This is a much better viewing location.

I just setup JRiver for a coworker. He had previously used Theatertek. I had setup Theatertek years ago so that all 2.40:1 movies show at the bottom of his TV. His TV is actually a little higher than it should be for proper viewing. By shifting 2.40:1 movies to the bottom of the screen, they are now in a more comfortable viewing area. He asked me to setup JRiver the same. I said I couldn't and that he would manually have to shift each movie.  :'(

jmone would like a zone for the 5.1 audio stream and a zone for the 2.0 audio stream, if it is available.

Items that should be allowed to be set on a per zone basis:
  • Audio stream priority (i.e. use 2.0 if available otherwise use 5.1)
  • Zoom
  • Shift
  • Color Controls
  • Aspect Ratio settings
  • OSD position (for a 2.40:1 zone, someone might want the OSD always within the video area since they are using a 2.40:1 screen)
  • Subtitle position (for a 2.40:1 zone, someone might want the subtitles always within the video area since they are using a 2.40:1 screen)
  • Red October selection (currently applies to all zones)
  • madVR settings

The Playback Info field should have priority over the zone.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Video Settings by Zone instead of a per item basis
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:14:02 pm »

Give 'em an inch...

:-)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 06:58:27 pm »

Actually, the only one I really care about is Shift, but the others might be helpful for someone else.
Actually, the only setting I have never heard of before (after using several other video players) is Shift.  ;)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:22:54 pm »

A bump for this thread since there is now another thread asking Is it possible to have different video quality settings in zones?.
Pages: [1]   Go Up