INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.103 -- Available Here  (Read 17046 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.103 -- Available Here
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:01 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Please read this first.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180103.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.103 (12/21/2012)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

Internal build not released to the public.

18.0.101 (12/21/2012)

1. Changed: M3U and ASX playlist export could use JRiver-specific XML filenames in some cases.
2. NEW: Added the WASAPI - Event Style option 'Maximize hardware volume during playback'.
3. Fixed: Thumbnail creation for videos was not working in builds 98-100.
4. Fixed: Taskbar button images were not appearing with builds 98-100.
5. Fixed: Additional bug associated with translated television tuner type text string.
6. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks, Vladimir).
7. Change: Updated Chinese Language file.  (Thanks, kelijun).
8. Changed: Updated all translation files to include the latest strings from the source code.
9. Fixed: Ripping multiple audio discs could create a duplicate rip progress action window.
10. Fixed: In certain cases the user would have to click on "Insert a disc and click here" in the rip action window even though an audio disc was already present in the drive.
Code: [Select]
18.0.100 (12/20/2012)

1. Fixed: Subtitles and the OSD were not working with madVR (only applies to builds 98 and 99).

18.0.99 (12/20/2012)

1. Fixed: Television channels would not work after changing language used, if television tuner type string had been translated.
2. NEW: Added type "Disabled" on tuner type selection when configuring a television tuner.
3. Fixed: Transparent overlay windows were not drawing properly in build 98.
4. Changed: Revised the new allocation system used for images so that it's as fast on Win8 as it is on Win7.
5. Changed: When exporting a playlist on a Library Server client to M3U or ASX, the server filename will be used if it's reachable by the client (instead of using a URL to the server).
6. Fixed: The program could start at its default window position (maximized on the primary monitor) instead of the last shutdown position.

18.0.98 (12/19/2012)

1. [b]Faster[/b]: Lower resource usage and faster performance due to core image framework improvements.  More here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76576.0
2. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation ([b]thanks elda[/b]).
3. Fixed: The program did not nicely handle a streaming HTTP URL that redirected to an MMS stream (used by SiriusXMStreamer, etc.).
4. Fixed: In certain cases, 'Volume Leveling' with Replay Gain might not be enabled even if it looked enabled in DSP Studio (please double-check your DSP Studio setting with the new build).

18.0.97 (12/18/2012)

1. Changed: Renamed the DoP marker format 'dCS, Meitner, etc. (0xAA)' to 'Legacy format (0xAA)' since it's only required with older devices.
2. Fixed: Build 95 and 96 were not working on machines without SSE 4.1.
3. Fixed: Following a movie rip, the recently ripped playlist would be continually re-displayed until the action window was closed.
4. Fixed: Disk Writer output could hang in some cases.
5. Changed: Disk Writer names files using the time the output started instead of using artist / name fields (which don't really make sense for video).
6. Fixed: Live source like loopback and line-in did not work nicely with disk writer.
7. Changed: When doing live playback, WASAPI and ASIO were using 10ms as the maximum hardware buffer size.  This could lead to audio hiccups, so now the user setting is always honored.  If you do loopback playback, you might try a small buffer size to reduce latency.
8. Changed: Improved buffer allocation scheme used by WASAPI - Event Style, so that lower latency settings will work better.
9. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.85.4.MC (custom update for Media Center) when using Red October HQ.
10. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
11. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

18.0.96 (12/17/2012)

1. Fixed: The disc insert dialog could display with no default selection.
2. Changed: Improved support for Blu-ray subtitles where multiple subtitles are supposed to appear on the screen at once.
3. Changed: When doing quick zoom (keys 1-9) while viewing an image, the OSD will show the zoom level.
4. Changed: When zooming an image, the OSD shows the zoom level for the default show time of 3 seconds instead of 7 seconds.
5. Changed: The new right-click while holding the left mouse button action for in-place editing works better when multiple items are selected.
6. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.85.4 when using Red October HQ.
7. Fixed: Blu-ray and DVD discs could not be ripped when selected from the "New Media Action" dialog.

18.0.95 (12/14/2012)

1. Changed: Updated Chinese language file.  Thanks kelijun.
2. NEW: You can in-place edit under the mouse cursor by doing a right-click while holding the left mouse button down (or by pressing the keyboard menu key while holding the left mouse button down).
3. Faster: The core string hash function (used to build library views, run searches, etc.) uses SSE 4.1 when possible and is around 3x faster.
4. Faster: Core library data engine is faster when dealing with fields where only some files have a value for the field (makes searches, view switches, etc. faster).
5. Fixed: Launcher commands like MC18.exe /Mode Theater were not working properly if Media Center as not running.
6. Changed: Updated libav for video encoding.
7. Fixed: bug that could cause trouble with some video transcodings.
8. New: Added mpeg2 1080p transcoding option for DLNA.

18.0.94 (12/11/2012)

1. Faster: When clicking the search box, the search suggestion box appears faster.
2. Fixed: Dates way in the future (like 50,000 AD) could cause performance problems.
3. Changed: Tuned the aspect ratio handling for movies and TV shows.
4. Changed: Made thumbnail aspect ratio standardization optional (Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Standardize aspect ratios).
5. Changed: MC will show an information message box when it can not play a television channel due to lack of available tuner.
6. Changed: Updated to [b]madVR[/b] v0.85.3 when using Red October HQ.
7. Fixed: Remove Tags did not work for AIFF files.
8. Changed: Merged the blank thumbnail images for video and television.  Added [MC]\Data\Default Art\NoThumbVideo2x3.png that's used for movies and TV series.

18.0.93 (12/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Maximizing and restoring the main window could cause it to get confused about its own visibility, leading to problems with in-place editing (and possibly other things).
2. Fixed: If something were to hide the main window while the Tag Action Windows is editing, it could lead to a crash.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: Searching in Options and then clicking 'OK' after making a change could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: ZoneSwitch was only engaging for files in the main library (so not when dragging and dropping from Explorer, etc.)
6. Changed: ZoneSwitch rules that don't specify zones to stop will always be evaluated, regardless of the current zone (rules that specify play and stop zones only engage when the current zone is in the play + stop zone set).
7. Changed: [b]Updated LAV[/b] filters to .54.1
8. Changed: [b]Updated madVR[/b] to v0.85.2 when using Red October HQ.
9. [b]NEW: Added 'Reverse polarity' filter[/b] to Parametric Filter.
10. Fixed: Line breaking rules for text layout could put a trailing parenthesis on its own line (which didn't look right).
11. Fixed: Aspect ratio enforcement for movies and TV series thumbnails was not working nicely with the small icons (Alexicons) in a list.
12. Changed: When using madVR (i.e. Red October HQ), [b]madVR's custom interface is used for video color control[/b].
13. Fixed: Right-clicking on Action Window > Tag > Playlists would show two menus.
14. Fixed: Cleaned up the right-click menu for Action Window > Tag > Playlists so that it only shows items that make sense there (instead of showing all the items the regular tree shows).
15. Changed: When hardware acceleration option is on, television playback prefers [b]DXVA[/b] over QuickSync.
16. Fixed: A few problems when [b]ripping multiple movie discs[/b] - canceling didn't work, movie name didn't update in the action window, disc wouldn't eject after ripping.

18.0.92 (12/10/2012)

1. Fixed: [b]Loudness[/b] was not working properly for video playback with some output formats.
2. Fixed: The automation SDK was not supporting name-based function lookups properly in IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames.
3. Fixed: [b]OGG channel mapping[/b] for 5, 6, and 8 channel files was not correct.
4. Changed: More improvements to [b]Arabic[/b] text rendering.
5. Changed: Updated all translation files to include the latest strings from the source code.
6. Fixed: Track Info visualizations would not always switch their image when switching tracks (may have only applied when using the Chromium engine).
7. Changed: When deleting files not included in a sync, the program will only delete files that are at the location it would have placed the file (the previous safety check tried to look at the base path, but didn't work well with complex base path rules that included expression functions).
8. Changed: TV Recordings list in Television Standard view no longer includes TV shows that are not recordings done inside MC.
9. Fixed: There could be a drawing artifact above the quick find toolbar.
10. Changed: TV series images use the same 2:3 aspect ratio enforcement scheme that movies use.

18.0.91 (12/7/2012)

1. [b]NEW: Improved support for Arabic[/b] joining and bidi text layout in the font engine.
2. Fixed: Several issues with the COM automation system (only applies to builds after 78).
3. [b]Faster[/b]: Drawing in the image editor uses bilinear stretching instead of supersampling to improve performance.
4. [b]Faster[/b]: Improved the image editor rendering pipeline when building previews of tool effects.
5. [b]Faster[/b]: The image editor 'Crop' tool preview drawing uses a custom SSE routine to darken portions of the image (must faster than a more general purpose method it was using previously).
6. Changed: TV guide entries more than 5 days in advance show the month abbreviated instead of the full name.
7. Changed: Made the Theater View keyboard narrower so that on a 1080p display using default sizing, there's about the same number of rows and columns on the keyboard (makes typing with arrows faster).
8. Changed: Moved the 'Clear' function for Theater View keyboard typing to a key after 'Backspace' instead of putting 'Clear Search' (or similar) on the top roller.
9. [b]NEW: Theater View search supports texting-style typing[/b] using the number pad on a remote (1 is backspace, 0 is space, other numbers are letters).
10. [b]NEW: 'Loudness'[/b] that applies (roughly) the ISO 226:2003 loudness correction curve as you turn down the volume to provide a more natural volume (requires using Internal Volume, reference level of Internal Volume defines the baseline, no correction is applied at volumes above baseline).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 18.0.101 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »

Reported with .100 that FLAC->ALAC multuchannel 24/88.2 conversions were doubling the bitrate and file size...some more testing shows that this can also happen with some 24/96 files as well - even more than doubling.  (82.2MB to 202MB for one file).  But it's very inconsisent.  Is FLAC just that much more efficient?  I looked for compression options with ALAC and there don't appear to be any.  If that's the case, I'll be sticking with FLAC for sure.

Re: screen flashing when MC18 is running - this too is very inconsistent.  I updated my nVidia drivers, ran some burn-ins and benchmarks to rule out an overheating GPU or CPU.  It seems that after a few minutes of running, the behavior stops.  Then I updated to .101 and haven't seen it yet.  Maybe it's my rig, if nobody else has ever reported such a thing.  Strange that it'd manifest only when MC18 is running.

mdav

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:05:00 pm »

Still problems with running Library Server as a client. No thumbnails for cover arts show up for .mov files when running Library Server as a client. The covert arts are not separate files (jpgs), but should be generated from the video itself (.mov in this case). Rebuild thumbnail doesn't change anything. However, thumbnails for .mov are started to be built when running Library Server in "direct" mode.

rjm

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:33:38 pm »

Deletions and list position changes made via Organise Favourites are not preserved between MC sessions. Additions seem to persist ok.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 18.0.102 -- Available Here
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

Just a little note that we put a build 103 out with an updated language file.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:07:22 pm »

Thank you

Just a little note that we snuck a build 103 out with an updated language file.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »

Just a little note that we put a build 103 out with an updated language file.
So I assume no need to update from 101 for those using English only ?

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:51 pm »

Yes only the language file was updated.

So I assume no need to update from 101 for those using English only ?

Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center 18.0.103 -- Available Here
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:31 pm »

Thanks for the German Language Update. Now it's correct! :)
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 04:37:19 pm »

No Problem :)

Thanks for the German Language Update. Now it's correct! :)

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
UI on DPI != 100% not rendering correctly
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 11:38:10 pm »

I believe this started with the the stable .98 release and it is still not corrected on 103. I have this on both Win 7 and Win 8

The progress bar is out of place. See the attachment.

Happy holidays!

Thomas

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: UI on DPI != 100% not rendering correctly
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 08:12:40 am »

I believe this started with the the stable .98 release and it is still not corrected on 103. I have this on both Win 7 and Win 8

Happy holidays!

Thomas

It looks like you've selected a large font in Options > Tree & View.

Only some skins support resizing for fonts in the player area.  The default Noire would work better.

Skins that don't support resizing should just get smaller text, so I agree it's a bug.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 09:03:01 am »

Happy holidays!

Thomas
Please try other skins.  Start a new thread to discuss.

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 10:38:44 am »

Suddenly i have problems getting Multichannel SACD´s to play the surround channels if i use the setting "No upmixing or downmixing".

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:10 am »

Is it possible to add a search rule for importing/updating video tags? Would be great.

Now that MC Team added new tags,like IMDB ID,etc,... I would like to update my tags.
But i can't do this by selecting all files and Get Movie Info again for existing tags.
It's a pain to do it for each movie again.

The problem is->Foreign Languages.
Some of my Movies (German) have a complete different Movie Title than the original one.
So i get wrong tags from MovieDB.
That's the reason i have to control new imported movies if they have the right tags.But that is not the problem.
The problem is,when the movie is already in the Library with the correct tags, it would be great if we could update the Tags from MovieDB again with the correct tags.But that is not working.I've already tried this.

Is it a big problem to add a search rule with existing tags in library for Get Movie and TV Info.A priority Search for example.
Priority:
First: Search for IMDB ID
Second: Search Original Movie Title
Third: Search with the Name tag,like it is now.

If tag one is empty for example it should start with the second one for searching,and so on.

And perhaps something similar with TV Shows.

This would be a great step forward for MC Users outside the US & UK!!!

Next step could be,adding an option to select the Language for description downloads for Movies & TV Shows.
I've been looking at themoviedb & thetvdb and there are many Movies & TV Shows with descriptions in foreign languages.
And if it is not available in this language,it should download the english one.
THIS WOULD BE GREAT,PLEASE!
Themoviedb has Trailer Links (Youtube) in foreign languages for movies i have seen.This would be also a great feature in MC.

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »

Been posting this bug since build 97.  I keep getting crashes whenever I play audio in either Display view or Theater view.  In Display view, the music will continue, but the tag info freezes.  Once I click to see what's wrong, I get the Win 7 spinning circle and the program becomes unresponsive.  In Theater view (Playing Now) the tag info freezes and when I click, the program crashes and shuts down.  I have not had any problems when I keep MC in Standard view.  I have never had any of these problems in previous versions. ?

I tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing and the problem persists.

I have also noted that I seem to be the only one who is reporting this issue.  Could it be my hardware?
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 02:11:36 pm »

Yes, it could be your hardware.  Please start a thread on it.  Start by updating your video driver.  But it could also be a virus checker, etc.  It is probably not an MC bug.

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »

With the option "Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" option activated, DXVA2 is still not being enabled when Red October HQ is being used.

I'm also curious, what modifications are being made in the MC specific branch of MadVR?

joey chestnut

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »

There's a weird theater view problem for one of the list styles for shows (the one with the pictures on the right side).  This is the only list style that doesn't use my cover art.  But when I change the list style, then move back to the one I'm talking about, then it shows the cover art. How can I get it to show cover art by default?

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 12:42:29 am »

Hi !

MC18 crashes when :

Skin : green eyes
Location : Audio => Panes => Search : Requiem => Showing files containing 'requiem'

Thanks for fixing that automatic bug

Jean-Marc

Code: [Select]
Media Center
    Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 18\
    Interface Plugins: TiVo Server (not running)
    JRMark: never run
    Library: 76316 files, 17,7 MB in library, 24,1 MB in thumbnails
    Resources: 40,9 MB memory, 169 handles
    Version: 18.0.103.0 Registered
Computer
    PC avec processeur x86 ACPI (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
Disk drives
    Generic USB CF Reader USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Generic USB MS Reader USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Generic USB SD Reader USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Generic USB xD/SM Reader USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    ST3360320AS (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    USB DISK 2.0 USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    WD 1600BB External USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    WD My Passport 0730 USB Device (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
Display adapters
    ATI Radeon HD 3450 (driver 8.500.0.0)
DVD/CD-ROM drives
    HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH15L (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers
    Contrôleur hôte compatible IEE 1394 AGERE OHCI (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
Keyboards
    Enhanced Multimedia PS/2 Keyboard (driver 1.0.7.1)
Memory
    Free Physical Memory: 1,7 GB
    Total Memory: 3,0 GB
Mice and other pointing devices
    Souris Microsoft PS/2 (driver 6.0.6001.18000)
Monitors
    SyncMaster T200/T200G,SyncMaster Magic T200/T200G(Analog) (driver 3.0.0.0)
Network adapters
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (driver 6.241.623.2010)
    Wi-Fi Wireless LAN USB Adapter #7 (driver 2.2.0.27)
Operating System
    Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Portable Devices
    USB CF Reader    (driver 6.0.6002.18112)
    USB DISK (driver 6.0.6002.18112)
    USB MS Reader    (driver 6.0.6002.18112)
    USB SD Reader    (driver 6.0.6002.18112)
    USB xD/SM Reader (driver 6.0.6002.18112)
Processors
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (driver 6.0.6001.18000)
Sound, video and game controllers
    Realtek High Definition Audio (driver 6.0.1.5910)
Storage controllers
    Initiateur Microsoft iSCSI (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller (driver 8.7.0.1007)
Storage volume shadow copies
    Cliché instantané de volume générique (driver 6.0.6000.16386)
System devices
    Bouton de fonctionnalité définie ACPI (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Bouton marche-arręt ACPI (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Bus PCI (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Carte systčme (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Carte systčme (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Compteur d'événement de haute précision (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur audio haute définition (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur d'accčs direct en mémoire (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur d'interruptions programmable (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Coprocesseur arithmétique (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Énumérateur de bus racine UMBus (driver 6.0.6001.18000)
    Énumérateur de périphérique logiciel Plug-and-Play (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Énumérateur UMBus (driver 6.0.6001.18000)
    Énumérateur UMBus (driver 6.0.6001.18000)
    Gestionnaire de volume (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Haut-parleur systčme (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Horloge systčme (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Horloge systčme CMOS/temps réel (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Intel(R) G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29C1 (driver 8.6.1.1001)
    Intel(R) G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29C0 (driver 8.6.1.1001)
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940 (driver 8.6.1.1002)
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2944 (driver 8.6.1.1002)
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - 2930 (driver 8.6.1.1001)
    Intel(R) ICH9R LPC Interface Controller - 2916 (driver 8.6.1.1002)
    Périphérique concentrateur ŕ microprogramme Intel(R) 82802 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Pilote BIOS de gestion de systčmes Microsoft (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Pilote clavier de Terminal Server (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Pilote souris de Terminal Server (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Pont Intel(R) 82801 PCI - 244E (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Ressources de la carte mčre (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Systčme compatible ACPI Microsoft (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Concentrateur USB racine (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte étendu Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB2 - 293A (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte étendu Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB2 - 293C (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte universel Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB - 2934 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte universel Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB - 2935 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte universel Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB - 2936 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte universel Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB - 2937 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte universel Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB - 2938 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Contrôleur hôte universel Intel(R) gamme ICH9 USB - 2939 (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
    Périphérique de stockage de masse USB (driver 6.0.6002.18005)
WD Drive Management devices
    WD SES Device (driver 1.0.8.0)

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 05:03:37 am »

I need to re-install media center 18 which I have already paid for. A received a new install, but when I try to install I get message saying I need to upgrade for $24. Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 07:11:40 am »

I need to re-install media center 18 which I have already paid for. A received a new install, but when I try to install I get message saying I need to upgrade for $24. Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License\

There is an upgrade thread at the top of this board that would be a good place to find help.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 07:19:22 am »

I resolved the issues. I was picking a code MC 13 rather than 18. I did not realize the email had multiple verions. All is good now.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 10:47:00 am »

Hello Team,

i wish you merry Christmas and a very good Year 2013.

Up to 2 January 2013, i'm now busy and only available for my family.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 12:06:54 pm »

A lot of problems with the use of remote in changing channels in Theater View.

ronenash

• Recent member
ASIO Playback bug
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 09:38:48 pm »

I ran into a playback bug with ASIO using ASIO4ALL driver. After playing several disks the output is muted. MC shows music is playing and ASIO recognizes some kind of output but no music can be heard. If I switch the output to WASAPI all is OK.
This situation can only be resolved by exiting MC18, After MC18 is loaded again everything works as expected.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »

Thumbnail creation for videos is semi-working for me. Thumbnails are created and are visible in some views but not visible in some other views.

For example, in a typical Movies view in Standard view, with Thumbnails being shown for the movies, I would not see a thumbnail for a movie but if I move my cursor over it - I do actually see the Thumbnail in the pop up window.

Another example: in the Theater View for Movies where the List Style is like "cover flow" - if the movie selected is in the front then the thumbnails shows up fine. But, when the movie is in the back (with some other movie shown in front)- the same movie's thumbnail is not shown.

Osho

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 09:12:48 am »

Is there a way to do an F5 search function. It can take ages before my handhelds show up  under 'Drives & Devices'. Only iPods show very quick. But my Playbook, Cowon or Archos can take more then an hour to show.

And yes, I can see the players in the explorer within MC (18.0.103). I have seen this issue for many versions already.

Marsies .....

shAf

Focus on 2nd display causes MC crashes
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 11:52:49 am »

This is not a bug in this specific version ... ie it still exists to somewhat and seems to carried over from MC17 (... altho MC17 did not crash).

First, I better explain my system:  My primary display is a normal flat monitor (via DVI) wheras my playback monitor is a Sony HD TV (via mobo HDMI out to AVR HDMI#3 in, AVR out to HD TV HDMI in).  When I switch my entertainment focus away from my HTPC, I have my AVR switch HDMI inputs.  My HTPC audio out is also via HDMI ...

If I ask my AVR to switch HDMI input away from my HTPC (ie, MC18) while something is playing, when I switch back to HTPC MC18 will crash (whereas MC17 would only lose the secondary display and instead continue playback on my primary display).  If I had stopped playback before the HDMI switch all would be fine ..

I've created my own workaround, but I figure anytime MC18 crashes it should be reported ...

Holidays' Cheerios :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

MC 18.0.103 crashes when I try to play from my BD.  It looks like it is trying to open the Blu-ray disk, but then it just stops working and the "Send Report" window pops up.
It does play BD files that have been ripped to a Hard Drive.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

JohnT

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:59 pm »

MC 18.0.103 crashes when I try to play from my BD.  It looks like it is trying to open the Blu-ray disk, but then it just stops working and the "Send Report" window pops up.
It does play BD files that have been ripped to a Hard Drive.

Send me a log file and I can look into it on Monday.  johnt at jriver dot com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

globetrotters1

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »

sorry to come up with it again:

the JRiver Media Center remote control stops responding to PLAY/PAUSE and STOP (and other keys) after a movie has been started (sometimes it works for some minutes and then ceases to work). I had one case where it responded in the middle of a movie, just ONCE (exciting...), afterwards I couldn't start the paused movie anymore...

in MC17 all that works just fine
thanks

donkeehn

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 12:49:51 am »

I am new. I bought media center 18 and tried to register it. The emails I got the  attached file would not download and registration did not automatically happen as it was suppose to. Help please. It says I only have 7 restores left and I haven't got 1 to work. The install key attachment file I get in the j river email can be opened and I can see the license code but will not download or install. What do I do. I don't want to spend $49 for nothing. DRK

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 07:52:19 am »

I am new. I bought media center 18 and tried to register it. The emails I got the  attached file would not download and registration did not automatically happen as it was suppose to. Help please. It says I only have 7 restores left and I haven't got 1 to work. The install key attachment file I get in the j river email can be opened and I can see the license code but will not download or install. What do I do. I don't want to spend $49 for nothing. DRK
Some browsers don't handle the Install Key correctly.  Try IE.

This may also help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

JohnT

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 09:29:02 am »

the JRiver Media Center remote control stops responding to PLAY/PAUSE and STOP (and other keys) after a movie has been started (sometimes it works for some minutes and then ceases to work). I had one case where it responded in the middle of a movie, just ONCE (exciting...), afterwards I couldn't start the paused movie anymore...

thanks
I've noticed this happening a few times and it appeared to be a focus issue.  Most of the remote buttons would stop working, then after clicking on the MC window with a mouse, the remote started working fully again.  We'll look at this next week.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 03:44:56 am »

Theater View issues for me in MC18 (not present in MC17 on the same computer):

1. Scrolling through a list in the carousel list style, the center item always turns invisible. All the thumbnails to the left and right of it render properly.

2. The screen constantly blinks black and I get the Vista spinning 'waiting' wheel until the screen shows again. Happens in all views of all media types. I think it might be something to do with the computer trying to get the background slideshow art. My computer is about 6 years old now and still on the old b/g type wi-fi to get the internet so I think that network speed or general computer slowdown might be a factor, but this issue didnt happen on earlier versions of MC for me.

3. Some files are often playing back very stuttery (video freezes and audio plays a second of audio on loop until the computer catches up. Then it continues playing, skipping forward to where the playback would be if it had been playing in realtime the whole time it was struggling). I am seeing this with DVDs, youtube downloads, and mkv (h.264,aac) rips of DVDs. I use MC in the default Red October mode. MC17 plays back the same files without hiccup.

This issue goes back several versions:
4. Sometimes when I try to play a video file the screen just turns black and then returns to Theater view. Basically what is happening is that the file played almost to the end but not entirely on a previous viewing. So when I try to play it now it gets caught in a loop of just playing the last second and returning to the Theater View without ever resetting the "resume playback from previous position" flag. The only way to break the loop is to press stop twice on the thumbnail in Theater View, but a novice (or my wife) wouldnt know to do this.

I know that it is getting about time that I upgrade my HTPC computer, but I am definitely seeing performance differences between version 17 and 18.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »

thanks
It could be a coincidence, but I experience exactly this with MPC-HC player when running in full screen exclusive mode and using an MCE remote control.

Rebooting and starting again usually fixes it - for awhile.

Just FYI.  Could be related, or could just be a coincidental similarity.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 09:53:50 am »

I cannot Play or Download YouTube videos in this build

Playback Problem:
Something went wrong with playback

Details:
Failed to find or open file. (hr=0x80004005)
. . . the game is rigged

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:53 pm »

I cannot Play or Download YouTube videos in this build

Playback Problem:
Something went wrong with playback

Details:
Failed to find or open file. (hr=0x80004005)

It's a known problem due to YouTube changing something. Matt has said he'll address it next week.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO Playback bug
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 01:19:51 pm »

I ran into a playback bug with ASIO using ASIO4ALL driver. After playing several disks the output is muted. MC shows music is playing and ASIO recognizes some kind of output but no music can be heard. If I switch the output to WASAPI all is OK.
This situation can only be resolved by exiting MC18, After MC18 is loaded again everything works as expected.

ASIO4All is not recommended.

More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Please start a thread if you want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: ASIO Playback bug
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 03:52:08 pm »

ASIO4All is not recommended.

More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Please start a thread if you want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks.
Just FYI, I am using ASIO4ALL and not having any problems with MC18 whatsoever.

Note that ASIO4ALL is updated every so often, and they do fix bugs, so be sure to have the latest ASIO4ALL if you are going to use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up