INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No luck playing multi-channel FLAC  (Read 3589 times)

FLCanuck

No luck playing multi-channel FLAC
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:13:22 pm »

I'm trying to use MC18 to push multi-channel FLAC files to my Oppo-105. I've got it working fine with the "play to" function both from the PC it's on and through WebGizmo on my iPod Touch. All my 2-channel FLACs stream flawlessly, but I cannot figure out how to get the multi-channel (DVD-A) FLAC files to stream properly - they are all being played in 2-channel.

I've gone into the Media Network settings > DLNA Server config and selected no compression/compression, tried no converting/converting, no 2.1 downmix, etc. I've also tried "forcing" 5.1 in the DSP options, but nothing seems to work. I've tried pretty much every output mode - ASIO, WASAPI, etc. and nothing is working and I've also tried most of the device options that appear (speakers, HDMI output, default device, etc. - since it's streaming I'm not clear on which one should be chosen or if it even matters).

I know it's something I'm not doing/configuring correctly in MC because the same files work fine if I use the Oppo's network streaming or a USB-connected HD with the same files on it. It's probably some downmix/stereo only option somewhere but I just haven't been able to locate it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I'd much rather use MC's/WebGizmo's interface for my streaming.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No luck playing multi-channel FLAC
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:50:16 am »

The only options that affect files served by DLNA are under the DLNA server configurstion.
If you turn audio conversion off, the files are served as-is.

just because a renderer can play multitrack files from storage media unfortunately doesnt imply they can be played over DLNA..

Laird_Williams

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »

I'm trying to use MC18 to push multi-channel FLAC files to my Oppo-105. I've got it working fine with the "play to" function both from the PC it's on and through WebGizmo on my iPod Touch. All my 2-channel FLACs stream flawlessly, but I cannot figure out how to get the multi-channel (DVD-A) FLAC files to stream properly - they are all being played in 2-channel.

I've gone into the Media Network settings > DLNA Server config and selected no compression/compression, tried no converting/converting, no 2.1 downmix, etc. I've also tried "forcing" 5.1 in the DSP options, but nothing seems to work. I've tried pretty much every output mode - ASIO, WASAPI, etc. and nothing is working and I've also tried most of the device options that appear (speakers, HDMI output, default device, etc. - since it's streaming I'm not clear on which one should be chosen or if it even matters).

I know it's something I'm not doing/configuring correctly in MC because the same files work fine if I use the Oppo's network streaming or a USB-connected HD with the same files on it. It's probably some downmix/stereo only option somewhere but I just haven't been able to locate it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I'd much rather use MC's/WebGizmo's interface for my streaming.

I am streaming multichannel flacs to my BDP-103 through Media Network with no issues. While it is possible that the 105 behaves differently than the 103, I really doubt it. Aside from that, the only difference I can see between my setup and yours is that I am doing all my browsing directly on the Oppo rather than using WebGizmo. I created a specific DLNA virtual server instance in MC18 called "Oppo High Bandwidth DLNA" and configured as follows:

Audio
     Conversion: Never Convert
     Encoder: Uncompressed 24-bit
     Advanced options are all greyed out, except I cleared them before selecting "Never Convert" in case there were config manager bugs.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:49:39 pm »

I am streaming multichannel flacs to my BDP-103 through Media Network with no issues. While it is possible that the 105 behaves differently than the 103, I really doubt it. Aside from that, the only difference I can see between my setup and yours is that I am doing all my browsing directly on the Oppo rather than using WebGizmo. I created a specific DLNA virtual server instance in MC18 called "Oppo High Bandwidth DLNA" and configured as follows:

Audio
     Conversion: Never Convert
     Encoder: Uncompressed 24-bit
     Advanced options are all greyed out, except I cleared them before selecting "Never Convert" in case there were config manager bugs.

Just to add to Laird's clear instructions (thanks), if you have more than one DLNA server, when pushing the first server will be used by default unless you right-click the Oppo zone and go to the item "Associate with DLNA server"  and choose the one you made with the settings above.

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:31:20 am »

hi FLCanuck,

I have a BDP-105 and I push 5 multichannel Flac from 2L without issues (but the gapless...).
Exact same settings as Laird_williams including the DLNA "OPPO" server.
If memory serve, 103 and 105 share the same firmware and shall behave the same way.

Let us know if it works
Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

FLCanuck

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:20:46 am »

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful!

It seems to be working fine now. I believe it was associating the Oppo with the specific "Oppo" DLNA server config. that did the trick.

Pages: [1]   Go Up