INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tohovden: Loopback issue  (Read 1652 times)

tohovden

• Recent member
tohovden: Loopback issue
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:15 am »

Hi, MC is hanging and eventually closed down by windows when I'm initiating loopback. This happens in version 100 through 106. Last working version is 97. Something with my setup or is this a general bug?

Best regards
Tore

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: tohovden: Loopback issue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:51:09 am »

This is the first report we've had of this, and loopback is working for me here.

Make sure your default Windows audio device is not the same device you're using for playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tohovden

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:24:59 am »

Thanks for a prompt reply.

The issue is related to "Virtual audio cable" which creates a virtul audio device. More info her: http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

I have been using Virtual audio cable as my default audio device and this worked fine with loopback until v97.

When changing default device to a firewire soundcard I have attached, loopback works again for v106. (Using another soundcard as playback device in Media Center) A work around I can live with since the firewire card is being used permanently anyway. But without the firewire card I might have been stuck. This may be the case for other users.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:22:43 am »

But without the firewire card I might have been stuck. This may be the case for other users.

Loopback is working just fine here as well. I think most of us that use the loopback are using either the mobo's sound as default device or in my case I have a cheap Rocketfish PCI that I added some time ago since my mobo didn't have digital out.

I see what your intention is using the VAC as a virtual device. It'd be nice if MC had a virtual device of its own for using the loopback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up