INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MadVr OSD Ctrl-J only works when Madvr settings window is open  (Read 4700 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
MadVr OSD Ctrl-J only works when Madvr settings window is open
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:22 pm »

Is there anyway to invoke the madvr OSD with a keyboard shortcut without having to open the Madvr settings window? This way I could assign the keyboard shortcut to a button on my remote enabling me me to tell if the correct framerate is being applied quickly without having to use the mouse.

mykillk

• World Citizen
Re: MadVr OSD Ctrl-J only works when Madvr settings window is open
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:52:21 am »

You should be able to CTRL+J without opening the settings window. I don't have any problem doing that. Are you using fullscreen exclusive mode? What about disabling desktop composition? Windowed overlay?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 01:09:56 am »

I don't know why, but some people seem to have problems getting the OSD to show. There were a couple of threads a while back.  It works reliably for me though without getting the settings menu up. I mostly set madvr into exclusive mode though. I have set the 'info' button on my remote to 'ctrl-j' and it works fine.

SBR

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:12:59 am »

Yea I suspect it's a specific madvr setting or combo of madvr settings that might cause this. I'd try putzing around with the settings and see if any of them fix it for you.

Jong

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 04:37:52 am »

Yes, cntl-j should work fine without the settings window open. I'm sure it's nothing to do with which mode (exclusive/windowed) is being used. I've used all of them for years and never had a problem. One thought, are you hiding the MadVR tray app? I suppose if that is disabled that might cause it.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:12:35 am »

Yes, cntl-j should work fine without the settings window open. I'm sure it's nothing to do with which mode (exclusive/windowed) is being used. I've used all of them for years and never had a problem. One thought, are you hiding the MadVR tray app? I suppose if that is disabled that might cause it.

Hey guys, thanks for all your suggestions. I am indeed using windows exclusive mode. I've also tried disabling desktop composition and enabling windows overlay mode in madvr settings and all permutations thereof including disabling exclusive mode for drawing back in MC18 options>theatre view but to no avail.

Whats happening is, I start a movie, right click on the screen, it blinks and gives me windowed mode, I right click again, then select direct show filters, madvr, the settings box appears but at this point I still have no ctr+j, not until I click on the madvr settings window and then the windows task bar appears at the bottom in unison with the madvr settings window and ONLY then does the ctrl+j shortcut reveal the madvr osd. I similarly need to replicate this "state" (windows task bar needs to be visible at the bottom) in order to ctrl+j and turn off madvr osd.

Does this make sense to anyone? 

Jong

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:17:48 am »

I understand what you are doing but, no, it doesn't make sense, it should not be needed. Try undoing any changes you've made to MadVR, check you have not disabled the MadVR tray icon. I've no idea if that would cause your problem but it at least sounds possible!

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 05:33:24 am »

I understand what you are doing but, no, it doesn't make sense, it should not be needed. Try undoing any changes you've made to MadVR, check you have not disabled the MadVR tray icon. I've no idea if that would cause your problem but it at least sounds possible!

Thanks again Jong, where do I enable/disable MadVR tray icon?

Jong

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 05:36:31 am »

I can't remember exactly. It's in the MadVR settings somewhere. I'm not in front of a system right now, if you can't find it let me know and I'll check later.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 02:41:07 pm »

I can't remember exactly. It's in the MadVR settings somewhere. I'm not in front of a system right now, if you can't find it let me know and I'll check later.

Sorry cant find it anywhere!

Jong

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »

You set them by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting "edit tray icon settings". I've never played with them so I'm not sure what happens if you pick "do not show" but I imagine you can right click on settings on the taskbar. As I say though, no idea if it will help. Ctrl-j has always worked perfectly for me.

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 03:36:23 pm »

Do other MC18 keyboard shortcuts like seeking back/forward work as expected?

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 04:52:43 am »

Do other MC18 keyboard shortcuts like seeking back/forward work as expected?

Yes they do. The madvr osd ctrl-j will not work unless the windows task bar appears at the bottom of the screen.

Also in standard view there is a button at the top left (the far right of the the 3) which allows you to see audio path input  and output. Is there anyway to onvoke this during playback in theatre (fullscreen) view?

Sebastien30200

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 02:40:01 pm »

Bump,

I have the same problem. The full screen has to be in background to have the shortcut actives. If the full screen is selected the shortcut don't work   ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up