INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo on Android Connecting to Browse My Library but error when playing songs  (Read 2313 times)

scm

• World Citizen

Everything seems to be set up correctly.  I open Gizmo and begin to browse my library, after having set an exception in my firewall.  But once I drill down to the song I want to play, it says "Preparing" then eventually says "You're on the bus."  Anyone know what this means?

joetiii

• World Citizen

From what I gather, On The Bus means you are disconnected from the server and on the slow bus ride to reconnection.

This happens to me all the time when I am on the limits of my network range. It is frustrating and I am looking for solutons as well. >:( >:(

scm

• World Citizen
Gizmo Won't Connect
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »

Why is Gizmo so troublesome?  I tried and gave up on it 2 years ago and now that I'm trying again with different equipment entirely, same problems.  Port is forwarded properly and Gizmo sometimes connects and gets through to navigate playlists, but whenever I try to play a song it says "You're on the bus." My connection isn't the problem.  As a test, I downloaded Gmote which worked flawlessly.  What's the problem and why haven't these issues been fixed in years?

scm

• World Citizen

These problems, which apparently only some people experience, have been present for years in my experience.  Solutions from those who know?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What Android device are you using? 

What version of MC are you using?

Can you convert files to MP3 on the server?

scm

• World Citizen

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but last year I was using a totally different Android and experienced similar problems.  that's why I gave up. However, if I were to get this working it would drastically and my media experience.

I'm using media center version 18.0.136

sometimes it won't connect at all, sometimes it will let me browse around but not play, and today shortly after posting this with nothing having changed, it has worked for the first time.

while I am extremely happy it's finally working, I do remember reading other posts of people saying that the connection is inconsistent and sometimes it takes 10 or 15 minutes of retrying over and over to finally connect and then it works.

it has work so far over wifi and I will be experimenting more today to determine if it can work over sprint 3g while I'm on the road for example.

scm

• World Citizen

Won't connect at all when I'm not on WiFi.  While it's nice to control it from home, how can I troubleshoot getting it to connect via 3G?  I've forwarded the appropriate port in my Linksys WRT54G router.  It does seem to be attempting to connect to the correct external IP address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up