INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP2 (MPEG-2) audio support?  (Read 1459 times)

elTel54

• Recent member
MP2 (MPEG-2) audio support?
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:28 pm »

Guys

I'm waiting to purchase the new Mac version (tomorrow!!) but I can't find any mention of MP2 support.

I know this may sound quaint, but I record a lot of Radio 3 and Radio 4 (in the UK) and the PURE radio records it in MP2 audio format. Yes, it is a pain because I currently have to convert it to Apple lossless (usually) or MP3 before I can use it on my iPhone/iPad.  Yes I can also play it indirectly through iTunes on my Macbook Pro but getting a higher quality audio player like JRiver is an intriguing possibility, particularly as I have eyes on a new iMac in the Summer.

Is there any chance you may be adding support for this format in the future? I  appreciate I can get other radios that are newer and record in a more recognised format (but the wife wouldn't like that) and converting the data is an extra step I'd like to dump.

Failing that, can anyone recommend a stable conversion program [Mac again] that will convert MP2 to a lossless format (MP4 is easiest for me). Particularly one that does it in batch mode.

many thanks
elTel54

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MP2 (MPEG-2) audio support?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:19:34 pm »

MAX is a good conversion program on the Mac.

elTel54

• Recent member
Re: MP2 (MPEG-2) audio support?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »

Thanks, Fred1 - I will give it a try  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up