INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Hanging Up  (Read 1567 times)

dlbeck

• Recent member
JRiver Hanging Up
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:20:27 pm »

I've been running JRiver on my Carbon build and lately I can't close the application without having to use the Task Manager and force close it.  Attached is my log file.  Please let me know if you know what is causing it.  Thanks.

dlbeck

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Hanging Up
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »

The problem continues to deteriorate.  Now JRiver is freezing up when I play a song.  Attached is the log.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »

You could try increasing your buffer size in the USBPAL drivers and/or the playback buffer in JRiver's ASIO setup. I would try the USBPAL drivers first. This might solve the freezing issue.

dlbeck is using Windows 8 64-bit with two Mytek 192-DSD DACs connected via USB. Both DACs show up as a single multichannel audio device in JRiver.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:25:53 pm »

MC 18 is hanging for me too. Sometimes it just won't officially end a track i.e the audio ends but the track is still in progress according to MC and therefore won't allow the pc to sleep; other times when I switch to another track MC hangs and I have to close it with Task Manager. I switched back to MC17 to see if the problems occurs there too. So far in about 24 hrs of sporadic use it hasn't. If it does I'll report back. I use Win 7, all up to date. 

dlbeck

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:33 am »

That's exactly what is happening to me. I'll see if there are any ideas to resolve this and might do the same you did.  Thanks

byungna

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:15:10 am »

Anyone has any suggestion for this MC18 hanging up issue?  I am having a similar problem on Windows 8, 64-bit.   I have never had any issue with MC16 on Windows 7, 64-bit.  After upgrading to Windows 8, I had no choice, but go up to MC18. :'(

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »

Try changing your audio settings.  I changed from kernel streaming to wasapi and things worked better, not perfect,  but better.

Also, I read elsewhere that the black on black skin was causing problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up