INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Wizards- Don't group albums & exporting filenames?  (Read 1333 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist Wizards- Don't group albums & exporting filenames?
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:12 am »

OK, so I'm wondering if anyone has any clever ideas here :)
I've finally got around to building a weighted photo viewing smartlist. Nothing fancy really, just one combiner list pulling in files from 5,4,3 & 1-2 star lists.

My first minor issue is that the smartlist is grouping files. I'd rather have a completely random list, but I can't figure that one out properly. I can randomise within lists, but how to randomise the whole final list completely?

Secondly, as a related issue, I'd like to be able to export this list as a renamed sequential fileset to handheld devices etc. Can't figure this one out either, any tips please?

Much appreciated!

-Leezer-

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Smartlist Wizards- Don't group albums & exporting filenames?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:39:06 pm »

Can you share the smartlist(s) you have now?

Regarding adding a sequence number, MC doesn't provide a means to rename files in conversion or HH syncing, so you can't directly affect file names.

There might be some chicanery or workarounds that could be employed.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:26 am »

These aren't particularly complicated smartlists at the moment :)
The building block lists look like this:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Image] [Genre]=[My Photos] [Rating]=5 -[Subject]=[People],[Art],[Special] ~n=100
The other two are identical to this, just pull in a smaller number of 4, 3 & 1-2 star files respectively.
The final list looks like this at the moment:
Code: [Select]
[Playlist]="PhotoBuilder1","PhotoBuilder2","PhotoBuilder3","PhotoBuilder4"
I can't be sure what exactly it's grouping on when it builds the main list. This could either be album or filename. Filenames are in roughly this format:
Shoot Name/ Place, Date, Image number, comments.

Having done some *more* fiddling, it appears I can apply ~sort=Random to the end of the builder expression (As opposed to within the secondary lists), which I think gives the result I was after.
Sequence numbering isn't really essential, I was just wondering about pushing some of them to digital photo frames.

-Leezer-

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:50:07 am »

I was going to suggest ~sort=Random but figured you already knew that.  That is what you want.

For pushing photos, you can use the HH Sync to a folder.  If you set max number of conversions to 1, you can use Counter() in your folder rules to create sequential folders (which will follow the sequence order).  I don't know if this is useful to your photo viewer or not.

If all you need is some batch copying, I'd create a view that uses the super-playlist as its basis for file display, and set a single file column to be an expression which is essentially a list of Windows COPY commands, that will copy your existing file to a new location.  This rule of course can use CustomData(#) -- which is the sequence number -- as part of the destination file name.  Exporting this playlist will give you a Windows batch command, which you can then execute.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up