INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.151 Alpha -- Available Here  (Read 12279 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is an alpha release of Media Center for Mac.  If you aren't comfortable with a few problems, please wait a few days.

Please read this before downloading.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180151.dmg

18.0.151 (3/15/2013)

1. Fixed: Lots of crashing from version 18.0.150
2. NEW: DLNA working as a server, controller and renderer. Note, you'll likely have to reset your settings if you didn't already in build 18.0.150, there are bad uuids in there. The easiest way to do this is to rename or remove the "~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 18/Settings" either from a terminal window or the finder after unhiding the ~/Library directory.
3. NEW: WebRemote applications working (Gizmo, JRemote, MyRiver, etc)

18.0.150 (3/14/2013)

1. NEW: Added Convolution DSP (same 64-bit SSE3 accelerated engine used on Windows).
2. NEW: Media Network (DLNA, Library Server, JRemote, etc.) available in options (still a work in progress).
3. NEW: MP3 encoding added.
4. NEW: Added configurable 'Channel offset' to Options > Audio > Output mode settings to allow targeting channels starting at something other than 1 (useful with pro / studio devices).
5. NEW: Drag-n-drop mostly working (within program, out of program, but not yet into program).
6. NEW: Added support for DSD bitstreaming using DoP.
7. Changed: Switched the timeout to April 16.
8. NEW: Wake On Lan implemented on Mac.

18.0.146 (3/8/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for more audio hardware (Lynx Hilo, RME Fireface UC, etc.).
2. Changed: Double-click, escape, etc. work on the playback display to exit Display View.
3. Fixed: Using some tools like Analyze Audio and Get Cover Art could prevent the program from closing even if they were no longer running.

18.0.143 (3/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Removed printing options from menu as they are not available yet on Mac and could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Changed text and link on "Help -> Registration Info" pop-up to reflect timeout and no license needed.
3. Fixed: Using cmd-Q to exit the program would result in a crash.
4. Fixed: Program text was garbled in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean translations.

18.0.142 (2/28/2013)

1. Fixed: SACD ISO files were not importing.
2. Fixed: Several cover art issues.
3. NEW: Internet POST requests work (makes Last.fm, etc.).
4. Fixed: If a background thread showed a message box, it would lead to a hang.
5. NEW: File move, rename, copy dialog functional. Not recommended for large scale or critical file operations until more testing is done.
6. Fixed: Problems with support of 32 bit only OSX systems, e.g. playback of MP3 files.

18.0.141 (2/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound devices that requested planar instead of interleaved data were not working.
2. Fixed: Cover art next to audio files was not loading properly.

18.0.140 (2/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The program would not run on systems without SSE 4.1 support.
2. Changed: Retooled SSE assembly everywhere in the program so that SSSE 3 is the low-water mark for SSE acceleration (previously SSE 4.1 was required in most places to get acceleration).
3. Fixed: Thread priorities were not implemented fully on Mac.

18.0.139 (2/22/2013)

1. Fixed: Wrong options file was being used in the 138 build resulting in frequent crashes.

18.0.138 (2/22/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for Core Audio exclusive output in Options > Audio > Output mode settings (enabled by default).
2. Fixed: Memory playback was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Plugins were not working because working path was not being set, this caused playback to fail.

18.0.137 (2/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio format converter working.
2. Changed: Register dynamic libs on first run after install rather than every startup.
3. Changed: Auto-update partially works. It will show whether version is up to date and download new version. Need to manually install.
4. Fixed: Show/Set update download directory not working.
5. Fixed: Search in options dialog not working.
6. Fixed: Encoder properties dialog in options not working.
7. Fixed: Clicking away from in-place editing box doesn't cancel edit mode.
8. Fixed: Mouse wheel support.
9. Changed: Close,Minimize,Maximize buttons moved to left side of frame.
10. Fixed: Lots of UI windowing issues (z-order,  white windows, black windows, floating windows,  etc.) should be fixed.
11. Fixed: Files with really long path names weren't importing.

18.0.136 (2/20/2013)

1. Fixed: Library backup / restore works, although restoring a library from the Windows version is not fully working yet.
2. Fixed: Internal volume working.
3. Fixed: Player window displaying wrong playback time.
4. Fixed: Some of the window z-order issues.
5. Changed: Somewhat friendlier message about lack of web browser support.
6. Changed: New and improved installer graphic.

18.0.133 (2/15/2013)

1. NEW: First release of Media Center on Mac.

erviv

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.151 Alpha -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:23:20 pm »

As you can see in the attachment the smartlist build still has  a bug with SL. 
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:29:02 pm »

I should add that when I exit and reenter, or pull up the smartlist to edit the problem does not continue.  So while it is a nuisance I can still create and edit smartlists.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 05:12:15 pm »

Another issue, when i rename the artist name in file view.  The change takes, but I have to Quit MC in order to get MC visible again.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »

MUCH better.

It imports properly, plays tracks and I even got the network server linked to my PWD.  After much fussing.

BUT the audio is distorted at even medium volume portions of any track.  It seems like the output is too hot.  I have to crank the volume control on the amp way back when compared to a USB fed datastream.  And it sounds like digital clipping, if that makes any sense.

The apps window still disappears as before only not as frequently.

Overall stability seems a bit better too. I'll let it run here for a few hours and see if the stuttering/pauses/hiccups stay away.

Still on OS 10.6.8

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 02:59:35 am »

Doesn't crash any more on MacBook, MacMini and iMac (OS 10.6.8 and 10.7.5) - very cool  8).
Plays with my USB soundcard.

Tagging doesn't work (says: couldn't write the tag).
Would be nice if F2 key was working (rename in grid).

JRemote works once (very short time), then looses connection and can't connect any more.

Startup volume resets to 20% every time MC restarts.
In options it is set to 80%.
You can see it is set to 80% for a fraction of a second.
Then it resets itself to 20%.
Dragging the slider to a higher volume is a pain because it doesn't follow the mouse pointer but lags much behind.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 12:12:38 pm »

JRemote works once (very short time), then looses connection and can't connect any more.

You might check to see if the network media servers are still running.  I found that they had stopped running when JRemote wouldn't work.

kiwi

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 12:20:46 pm »

Ok, tried to post error logs.  MC 151 crashed a few times in the last day or so.  they failed to post the first time, hopefully they'll post now.

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 12:28:24 pm »

146 was importing mp3 but it not sound (something ecc...)
Updating to 151: it keeps the library previously loaded by 146 and sounding the tracks.
But it crashes on importing new tracks, then it crashes on opening.

MacBook 1.1/2Ghz core duo/2Gb/10.6.8

gmsingh

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 12:47:24 pm »

Is there any reason why I can't get the program to recognize internet radio stream?

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 05:45:46 pm »

Ok when I return after a few hours and my monitor is dark and I cannot restore, I assume that is a crash, did not have with prior builds.   SL 10.6.8.

New Mac user, is there a way to restart without doing a hard/ off bottom shutdown ? thks.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 06:31:28 pm »

when I try to edit the song title the change is not saved.  The program seems to abort when I update or change any tag information.

robertj388

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »

I can listen to gapless tracks on my macpro where media center is installed, but when I send it to one of my receivers, there is a long pause between tracts, even though under the audio settings, i have "use gapless for sequential album tracks" checked.  Is this a function that is not yet available through JRemote?? Thanks so much.  Wonderful job so far.

ting8663

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »

Media network worked but the server will just stopped working after leaving it idle for a while. It won't stop during streaming.

So I need to restart MC every time I wants to listen to my music...

rrw

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 07:06:53 am »

Hallo
great work!

I succeeded to connect my PS Audio PW DAC to the Mac version of JR MC 10.01.151 via DLNA! (MacPro 2x2GHz, MacOS 10.7.5)
More than 10.000 FLAC files including HighREs up to 192/24
It works and already sounds quite nice - congratulations!

ONE ISSUE: authentication is not yet possible, when I activate the button and reconnect the iPad connection is not possible 8and thus I cannot rate tracks within the iPad

kind regards René

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12:04 am »

I can listen to gapless tracks on my macpro where media center is installed, but when I send it to one of my receivers, there is a long pause between tracts, even though under the audio settings, i have "use gapless for sequential album tracks" checked.  Is this a function that is not yet available through JRemote?? Thanks so much.  Wonderful job so far.
This thread should be used for posting bugs.   For discussion, use a "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page of the board.

If you're using DLNA, gapless is not always possible.  You could read about this on the "Media Network" board. 

kiwi

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »

Ok when I return after a few hours and my monitor is dark and I cannot restore, I assume that is a crash, did not have with prior builds.   SL 10.6.8.

New Mac user, is there a way to restart without doing a hard/ off bottom shutdown ? thks.

If you have a second machine, you could SSH into the machine and type
sudo reboot
or
sudo shutdown -r now

you can also sometimes get away with hitting the power button and then the letter "R".

TCats

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 12:54:14 pm »

My iMac 27" with Mountain lion is getting very hot, fans running at high speed in particular the CPU fan. Soon as I quit JRiver and revert to iTunes with BitPerfect machines cools down.
Like the software so far but not the heat.  ;D

kiwi

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 12:57:12 pm »

One thing I noticed is that MC seems to crash when I wake my machine up from sleep in the morning.  (or there is a crash screen waiting for me there  :-\

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:14 am »

This is great progress on Media Network. Can stream a playlist for 5hrs without problem, excellent work.

A few observations.

Once a playlist finishes playing, the only way to be able to use the keyboard again is to restart the program. This is also the case if a single album is played.

It has not been possible when setting up the server to remove items from the list to display to a UPnP streamer – the program closes immediately when this is attempted. I like to remove Podcasts, Highly Rated etc.

When streaming, as opposed to using Optical Out, the top window is unable to display any Track details such as  - Bit Depth – Sample Rate – File Type – Bitrate.  My usual Status Line is as below, none of the Track Details: are available.

My Status Line is:

Timing:  [Elapsed Time] // [Remaining Time] // [Total Time]   ---- Track Details:   [Bit Depth] bit - [Sample Rate] kHz - [File Type] - [Bitrate (Labeled)] ----    Zone:  [Zone]

When the screen goes off and at various other times, for no apparent reason that I can identify, the entire Status Line is replaced by - Volume N/A – no idea where this is coming from. Once this happens only a program restart brings the display back to normal. This behaviour occurs regardless of whether I use Optical Out or UPnP to stream.

I’m sure this will all be resolved in time.

Regards
Peter

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 02:10:49 pm »

The Fill Properties From Filename tool is using the Windows path separator, causing incorrect template based parsing.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79237.msg538301#msg538301
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:28 pm »

Yay, DLNA and Library Server!

Or, er, not yet? I can't see my main library server from the OS X client. The client running in Fusion on the very same machine can see MC Mac as a server, though.

Micah

EDIT: Just noticed that the "Add library" window only has the possibility to add local libraries. Hm.

kiwi

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 06:05:16 pm »

Hangup when switching libraries.

I'm finding that 151 is hanging every time I try to load a different library.

Attached both apple hang logs and internal logs

vermu

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 04:43:42 am »

I have now played a few albums via jremote. Seems to work ok. Great work.

steveoat

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 04:23:05 pm »

Using version .151.

When tried to add the custom field "label" under Tools - Options, program crashed.  Tried this several times and each time it crashed.

pkoss

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

Stray crash.  Playing album locally through MacBook Pro optical port out (sounds nice as always).

Was deleting duplicate AIFF files (I have dupe FLACS of these albums), and adding some cover art missed during import to a few albums via the "from Internet" dialog for cover art.  No apparent issues.  Think I did three albums this way and was done.  Then the crash.

See attached crash info and log.

pat

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 10:00:16 am »

At least I can get 151 to play on my 2013 iMac, but it quits mid-play while playing SACD ISOs. Haven't been able to test other audio files yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up