INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD playback and convolution problem - stuttering video & audio  (Read 2768 times)

crafty

• Recent member

I have been using J River 18 for lots of blu ray playback from ripped files using Any DVD HD and send the DTS HD MA audio to convolution for sub xover / room correction using filters generated in Acourate. The results are spectacular, video in sync with audio, no stuttering or playback problems.

Recently ripped a DVD and also tried playback from the drive but the video / audio will not play smoothly with convolution. Lots of audio drop outs / stuttering etc. Confused as to why this is as assumed it would be easier to playback the lower res material? Tested with red October normal and HQ. Disable convolution and everything is fine. Am I missing something?

Have log file.

Benchmark result of 3400 so doubt its lack of computing horsepower.

Any input appreciated,

Luke

Mitchco

• MC Beta Team
  • World Citizen
Re: DVD playback and convolution problem - stuttering video & audio
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:56:50 am »

I am have the same issue.  Ripped DVD/Blu ray plays back fine with Convolution, but play DVD from drive, both video and audio stutters.  Sometimes it catches up, but mostly not.
MC 18.0.168, red October normal, using onboard Intel HD graphics, JRMark 3578.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:43:15 pm »

This is a problem with the Microsoft DVD Navigator, which is used for playback of DVDs.
It doesn't send enough audio in advance for the convolution to work properly, i'm not sure there is a solution - other then not using the DVD Navigator and sticking to plain movie playback (which may not be a option right now)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 05:46:02 am »

This is a problem with the Microsoft DVD Navigator, which is used for playback of DVDs.
It doesn't send enough audio in advance for the convolution to work properly, i'm not sure there is a solution - other then not using the DVD Navigator and sticking to plain movie playback (which may not be a option right now)

The solution is to rip to mkv (using e.g. makemkv). That is the only solution currently I beleive.

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up