INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accents  (Read 2629 times)

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
Accents
« on: April 28, 2013, 12:26:35 pm »

When editing metadata, I cannot seem to use accents at all on letters. Also, Japanese characters do not show at all, No Way José.

So, have I my keyboard setup wrongly? or is it a limitation of MC?

10.7.5 / MC18.0.174 / English iMac / Spanish keyboard
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Accents
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:48:41 pm »

Asian characters should work correctly in the latest Mac build.

If the problem persists after upgrading, please just bump this thread and provide any additional details.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:08 pm »

Asian characters do indeed show up correctly in 18.0.193. I really appreciate that the MC team have enabled this.  :)

European Accents are imported fine from XLD rips.  :D

However, in the MC18 programme I cannot get the composer name to show up with accents.  :-\ Joaquín Rodrigo has an aguda accent on the i of Joaquín. I attach a png to illustrate the issue.

OSX 10.8.3
2.3GHz
8GB RAM
Spanish keyboard, English system
Lacie Quadra D2 FW hard drive

Thanks Matt.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:18:34 pm »

What happens if you manually edit the composer to include the accent?  Does it show after that?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:31:22 pm »

No that is when it doesn't. I can use accents on all other programmes on the MacBook Pro.

sunfire7

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:53:46 pm »

Me too I'm unable to put accents in metadata, MC 18 v .190 on Mountain Lion.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:25 pm »

I can't reproduce here.  I copied and pasted the artist name "Joaquín Rodrigo" from your post into one of my tracks and it looks fine.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 03:05:18 pm »

I have MC1 8.0.194 on Mountain Lion. I go to my classical selection, click on a Joaquín Rodrigo song called Rosaliana, >click on Action Window>Tag, and write the composer's name. Only I want to add his first name also. This is Joaquín. I simply cannot do this in the Tag section of MC.

I am not talking about importing, or cutting and pasting: I believe MC can deal with accented words under these conditions. It is in the manually editing information on the keyboard (Spanish) that MC cannot cope with inserting accented letters into the metadata.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 03:42:02 pm »

Ok, now I understand.  We have to implement a method for entering these characters.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 02:07:44 am »

Thank you for your attention John.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 06:51:35 am »

I am bumping this thread. I still cannot enter acute or grave accents into words of non-English romanic alphabet languages whatsoever. I am using a Spanish keyboard, but even when on US extended and show the keyboard viewer it still does not work.

Are there any plans to integrate accents to roman characters?

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:23 am »

Sorry for the late reply.  When you posted, I revisited the possible methods of implementing this and then shifted to some bug fixing and forgot to post a reply.

This special character entry mode for Media Center definitely needs to be added at some point, but I'm sorry I can't provide a specific time frame as yet.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 05:10:09 pm »

It's good to know that it's a planned feature. I appreciate the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up