INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DXVA Copy Back with nVidia GPU now maxes out CPU  (Read 3654 times)

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
DXVA Copy Back with nVidia GPU now maxes out CPU
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:06:03 am »

Red October HQ drives my Geforce GT 440 video card hard, with large increases in load, temperature, and fan speed, but it still gets the job done in a very pleasing way.  Because the work is off-loaded to the GPU, the CPU has been able to limp along, so much so that the power-saving feature of the motherboard would throttle it back even when there’s a movie playing.  Increased fan speed noise from the Zotac GPU has been my only problem, so I was excited to read of a change in version 18.0.176: “Red October will use DXVA Copy Back with nVidia hardware when possible instead of CUVID when using madVR”.  The way I understood it, there was a possibility that GPU processing needs might decrease, along with the fan noise.

Unfortunately I see no change in the GPU load parameters, and the CPU now goes to 100% and stays there, so it seems that system heat and noise will only increase.   Is there some setting change that I can make to get me back to previous behavior? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DXVA Copy Back with nVidia GPU now maxes out CPU
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:14:20 am »

Let's use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80258.0

I'll close this one.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up