INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Duo  (Read 2178 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sony Duo
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:10:17 am »

I've been using a Microsoft Surface Pro for a couple months and I have never liked the keyboard and general floppy configuration, so this weekend I bought a Sony Duo.  

It has an unusual configuration.  When it's closed, it's a thick tablet.  You can open it into something more like a notebook, but the screen begins a couple inches closer to the keyboard than a usual laptop.  Here's a picture:

Details at the Sony Store

It was $1100 at Micro Center.

So far, I like it a lot.  Unlike the Surface Pro, it has a good keyboard, with function keys, and print screen key.  The keys are a little small but it feels like a real keyboard.

I don't love the mouse, but I think I'll get used to it.  It looks like the old "jog" mouse that you could rock around to move, but it doesn't move.  It senses the movement of your finger.  There are three mouse keys at the front edge of the keyboard.

I bought a Logitech MX Anywhere mouse that works well with it.  It works on a white counter top that most mice don't like.

The Duo I bought has an i5, has a wider screen than the Surface Pro (11.6" vs. 10.6"), and feels slightly lighter.

Duo is 12.60" x 7.84" x 0.71"

Pro is 10.81" x 6.81" x 0.53" (plus the keyboard)

The one I bought only had a 128GB SSD, but I bought a 64GB SD card to add some storage.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Sony Duo
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:24:22 am »

Nice.

Looks like an Acer Aspire R7.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sony Duo
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »

After a few weeks of using it, I love this machine.  I don't love the mouse, but the touch screen is usually a better substitute.
Pages: [1]   Go Up