INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files with accents in filename getting duplicate entries in Library  (Read 1259 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen

I looked around and didn't see a thread on this - Hope I didn't miss it.  

I am getting duplicate library entries for songs with accents in their filename.  The files on my hard disk are fine - not duplicated and with accents in the right place.  

The duplicate entries sure seem to be linked to the accents - look at the file name field:

- proper entry:
/.../Various Artists - Luaka Bop 10th Anniversary_ Zero Accidents on the Job (Slow Jams)/1 - 08 - Llegué Llegué _ Guararey De Pastorita.mp3

- duplicate:
/.../Various Artists - Luaka Bop 10th Anniversary_ Zero Accidents on the Job (Slow Jams)/1 - 08 - Llegu           Llegu          _ Guararey De Pastorita.mp3

(screenshot attached)

PS - using build 181 on OSX 10.8.1

fucheeno

• Recent member

I too am seeing a lot of strange behavior with international music.  A lot of my Putumayo CDs are having issues importing.  It's very difficult to manage it all, and find all the errors, dupes, etc.

Any words of advice on this?  Thanks.

yannis

• World Citizen

Is it maybe the locale you're using?

I'm on W7 us version with greek locale, and I have a great deal of songs with greek chars as well as others with portuguese of even finnish accents - it all seems to work smoothly, so I'd guess it's related to your setup.

BTW, The only problem I've seen is MC's severe inability to search correctly for "international" chars - looking for "Não" returns all "Nao" occurrences, which is dead wrong - it's almost as if you were searching for "staff" and it returned "stuff". It also affects smartlists etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up