INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.191 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 7652 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180191.dmg

18.0.191 (5/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Webview reload button didn't work and could cause crashes.
2. Fixed: Some local default web pages were missing.
3. Changed: Added more debug logging to try to determine cause of intermittent SSDP failures.

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus

All of the thumbnails of all of the tracks in Panes View and Files view (under Audio) and in the player, now show a red X in a yellow square.

It also says, when I try to play an album "The file could not be found…"

I first noticed the red X's in 190 when it froze.

So then I go and have the auto import do its thing and it reports that all of my links were broken and now are repaired. 

Well now I have NO music tracks or albums in my library, at all.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen

So in pursuing this I find that all of the links exist and point to their source files but that pointing to them (again) and 'importing' them again brings them back into the library.

And the player functions.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen

This is with version 191 - I don't believe this crash happened with the two previous releases. I re installed version 190 and the crash does not happen.

Launch Media Center.

Tools->Options->Startup

Change Location from default of "Start" to "Audio"

Click OK.

Crash.

Logfile attached.
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck

Continued problems where, while playing a track (especially using network sharing), I can no longer click on anything in Media Center, trying to click on it puts me in another application (the most recently used one, or Finder). Command-tab switching, mission control switching, etc., do not help. Only way out that I can find is to quit Media Center by right-clicking the Dock icon.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen

The recurring 5 second start a track, get to 5 seconds then re-start the track, do-loop is back.  This while playing in Media Network mode.

It should also be noted that in the recent past, every once in a while this 'cycle' can be broken by stopping the player, then starting it again and 'fast forwarding' to the un-played track of choice.

Plays fine in USB.

JJ

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen

So I get JRemote up and running on my iPad and it was marvelous.

Until it wouldn't reconnect.

Then when I did get it connected all of the album art went away, as in every album.

So I re-start MC (with the iPad off this time) and the album art is fine.

I'll also post this to the JRemote threads as well.

Are we having fun yet?

JJ :thumb

Mleo

Similar to jlyness' issue - Media Centre stops responding to commands which now control OSX, necessitated rebooting Mac mini

Vortexbox NAS over wireless link

ThierryNK

• World Citizen

After reading the FAQ, I saw that bugs were to be posted here. I will suppress my other post on same subject.

UPNP DeviceDiscovery server crashes regularly after some hours. It often leads to general JRiver crash and/or needs JRiver to be restarted to be reachable by JRemote.
In the picture below, other UPNP servers have been running for 37 hours.

Mac Mini, Mountain Lion with all updates, no other application is running, no energy savings enabled

Sans titre de par ThierryNK, sur Flickr

Best and kind regards
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2
S2 Playing and studio: Yamaha WXA-50, HEFA Mutine, Seinway O180

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.191 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 06:46:28 am »

Almost the same as ThierryNK, except my SSDP server falls over within 15 minutes of an MC restart.
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC
Pages: [1]   Go Up