INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sudden Brief Silence [Solved]  (Read 2445 times)

guy007

• Recent member
Sudden Brief Silence [Solved]
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:48:09 pm »

Hi,
About once very thirty minutes or so, the music I'm playing suddenly goes silent for maybe half a second to perhaps two seconds, and then returns. If I replay that section of music, there will be no silence! And an examination of the file in the media editor shows no missing data.

I'm using a small Dell dedicated desktop, Win 7, Home Premium, 6.00GB memory. I'm guessing that the CPU isn't fast enough (pure guess). It's an Intel Core. 3-2120 CPU, 3.30 Hz, 3300 MHz, 2 core. The hard drive (one of two) is a 1T with lots of empty space, don't know the manufacturer of the drives or their speed, but can open up the case and find out if that's important.

As always, help much appreciated. Thx. Guy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sudden Brief Silence
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:09:32 pm »

That's odd.  It's probably not a CPU problem.  It doesn't take much power.  A drive also isn't likely.

More likely is some other process running.

When it happens next time, try rebooting.  I've seen strange problems like that turn out to be some software trying to update itself.  Adobe causes me problems.  Windows also.

guy007

• Recent member
Re: Sudden Brief Silence
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:28:10 pm »

Bingo! I didn't realize I had so many updates and "search for updates" going. Have set everything to manual and no music dropouts. How do you do it, Jim? Thanks so much. Guy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sudden Brief Silence [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »

Luck.  Thanks for reporting the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up